Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Sherman variant kits?

Old 05-24-2016, 08:31 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Maybe, but why would you want the taigen recoil unless you want to use the taigen controler.
fyi, taigen is about to release an m4a3 76mm sherman this summer.

IMHO, The Taigen elevation and recoil is toyish and not up to my snobby standard, mostly because I like servos. Sorry, im just being an ass. After market tank controlers such as clark and ibu support tamiya reocil units and also will drive a servo for a recoil, the best way to go because it can be programed on an ibu2 for speed of recoil and speed of return to normal.
I understand the taigen recoil and elevation box (single unit) can be rewired to match the pulse drive of the tamiya recoil and then wired into a clark board, but its a bit complicated.

What do you mean a "TGE mount"

using a nick ez8 conversion kit makes a very very nice model if you are willing to cut and chop and go beyond where instructions are provided. It is adventurous and difficult for inexperienced modelers that are not used to fabricating their own mechanisms, but it will force you to learn. My thread is a good one for how to take a tamiya and a nick kit and have a complete tamiya tank.
now I prefer to mix and match and go full hybrid from tank chassis, upper hull, turret and controler, they are all from different places. If you want to use a tamiya a super sherman or std sherman will work but the std sherman does not have a recoil system. You would have to buy pershing tamiya electronics.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:11 AM
BludoTheSmelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just like pokemon, gotta catch them all.