Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

IMEX/Taigen announces their October surprise!!

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

IMEX/Taigen announces their October surprise!!

Old 09-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Paulp331

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the VK5402 response was a good guess based on the location and sloping shape of the turret . But I think that was a "paper only" tank so how about the Vk4501? One of those Porsche Tiger competitors that was not converted to a Ferdinand tank destroyer did see combat with with the 653 heavy tank hunter battalion. And it technically is a tank not a fixed gun tank killer.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:45 PM
CountChocula

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Jerry, I'd take the first 4 lines of ur guesses and never make another request. You hit all my favs pretty much!

Dave
Old 09-17-2014, 12:20 AM
karel47

If it has to in functio of fury it has to be an M18 hellcat its a middle Td
Old 09-17-2014, 01:39 AM
B/Man

This is the most pointless and frustrating 6 pages I have ever read on this forum. I'm all for creating buzz and anticipation but I'm not sure this is the best way to go about it.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:16 AM
ROLLIN ARMOUR

Well, What is the Deal? It is 5:15 a.m. C.S.T. the next day.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:19 AM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B/Man
This is the most pointless and frustrating 6 pages I have ever read on this forum. I'm all for creating buzz and anticipation but I'm not sure this is the best way to go about it.
I agree, but concluded that after some "skimming", rather than read the whole thing, fortunately.

I am quite prepared to sit back and wait until there is a proper announcement, I am not in any hurry.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:38 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen B
I agree, but concluded that after some "skimming", rather than read the whole thing, fortunately.

I am quite prepared to sit back and wait until there is a proper announcement, I am not in any hurry.

Oh come on now Glen! Where's the fun in that! LOL

Jeff
Old 09-17-2014, 02:43 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can wait I’m an adult, for future releases I would tell people a time and date when you will release your next product that would be more professional.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:17 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Patton.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:27 AM
Max-U52

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by B/Man
The announcement should have been made by the end of the first day. I can see guys getting mad and deciding not to buy whatever tank it is, just on principle, and that would be a major backfire in the marketing strategy. I can only speak for me personally, but I know there are companies I won't deal with because they've angered or offended me. Like Matomart. I don't care if they're selling gold bars for a nickel each I still won't ever buy anything from them again. I don't see that happening here, but it was still way too drawn out. If you have info, pick a time and date and release it. I may be playing with toys but I'm still a grown man and it irks me to have people play games with me. Well, most of the time. With Erik we give up quite a bit of slack, just cuz he's our guy.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:27 AM
Max-U52

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

And Erik, you started this, you better read every single one of these posts!! (I didn't, I skimmed, but I didn't start this monster)
Old 09-17-2014, 03:32 AM
mondo

Originally Posted by ausf
Patton.
I'd buy one, only to paint it up in Afrika Corps colours like one from the film "Patton". A matching Leopard from a "A Bridge to far" to go into a new selection of tanks made to look like other tanks in films.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:01 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I hope everyone is pleased with the announcement but you know there will be some nay sayers too.

Jeff
Old 09-17-2014, 04:08 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hopefully you are taking notes Erik.

We like you and are cutting you all kinds of slack on this one. If this was Heng Long , Mato., Hooben , the knifes would have been out by page 3.

Hopefully today you will post some pictures.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:14 AM
ausf

Originally Posted by mondo
I'd buy one, only to paint it up in Afrika Corps colours like one from the film "Patton". A matching Leopard from a "A Bridge to far" to go into a new selection of tanks made to look like other tanks in films.
You'll need about 10 of them then. No need for steering, they just go in a straight line.

How about a Kelly's Heroes' T-34 Tiger?
Old 09-17-2014, 04:15 AM
mondo

Tanks made to look like Tigers is a whole different ball game. I don't have enough space in my house for those!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:21 AM
ausf

Originally Posted by mondo
Tanks made to look like Tigers is a whole different ball game. I don't have enough space in my house for those!
Good point.

But the iconic one for me is the KH. Big forward turret almost over hanging the hull, Viking shields stuck on the road wheels. It'd make a great model with Oddball in the cupola and Captain Stubing in the loader's hatch.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:36 AM
Cruiser133

I understand Erik is a good guy, but I feel this has been mishandled and they have lost a bit of credibility. Rivet hit it on the head in regard to professionalism...
Old 09-17-2014, 04:40 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther F
Can you tell us how many emails this has generated? LOL

Jeff
WAY too many. 250+ not counting forums or FB messages.
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo12
Perhaps another hint on whether this is WWII era or modern?
WW2
Originally Posted by Fury25
C'mon guys!!!!

Was it really so hard to figure out?

It's obvious its an all metal Merkava IV !!!!!! ....or is it a STRV103, T72/T90 or maybe even a Leclerc.

There you go...I think I covered all modern options in one wish list posting

Are you LISTENING Erik???????
I am always listening/reading. I may not respond, but I do listen. I convey most everything I see of importance directly to my boss and our factory. I do a lot here at IMEX/Taigen (today I started as the snake catcher)
Originally Posted by YHR
It doesn't appear to have any suspension. SO that would lead me to believe that there may be torsion bar low in the hull, with an electronic mounting plate above that

Maybe Herman can tell us. That would be par for the course. After sending time and money on a unique vehicle, it gets mass produced just about the time you get it finished,

A Hetzer.

Scratch that Erik says it has a turret.

Man I want a Hetzer badly, trust me. I am trying to get one in the works but the demand is kinda low atm for it. Doesn't deter me at all....
Originally Posted by DU Penetrator
an all-metal PanTiger ???
You got me, it was just so popular we decided to revamp it.... No, sorry lol. Surprisingly this tank still sells very well.
Originally Posted by Augustus1967
It's Obviously a Delorean...

But really:
Heavier Armor than the T34
Front Gearboxes
Tank Fighter not Tank Killer
Production
Saw Combat
Turreted
Not a Tiger, Hetzer, Cromwell, lee, Grant, Sherman...
Suspension???

Come On, build the list... There are a bunch of Hints and No's on this thread so far...
What have I missed, hint-wise?

-gus
If this was a Delorean I would be tickled pink. However, this platform might make for a new "swat tank" if I need a new platform and do not go with the T34 (I really enjoy the russian tanks). I am not sure about 88mph but I am near 40mph now with 4 cell lipo

Originally Posted by rivetcounter
I can wait I’m an adult, for future releases I would tell people a time and date when you will release your next product that would be more professional.
A day or two tease never hurt anyone, plus it is a great opportunity to gather information about what people want to see next in a tank. If you do not give them a defined shape they will most likely guess what they want to see. It helps me to gather info and make lists and such. You would be surprised what you can gain from 1000 or so respones
Also, I had a much more evil way I wanted to introduce it, be glad we did it bossman's way.
Originally Posted by maxu52
And Erik, you started this, you better read every single one of these posts!! (I didn't, I skimmed, but I didn't start this monster)
I always do
Originally Posted by YHR
Hopefully you are taking notes Erik.

We like you and are cutting you all kinds of slack on this one. If this was Heng Long , Mato., Hooben , the knifes would have been out by page 3.

Hopefully today you will post some pictures.
Yes notes are always taken for things like this. Also, as stated above I wanted to do a much more evil reveal.... I was just going to release a drawing of it and say it was being "worked on" and available on the website but out of stock lol. How mean is that right? I will get more pictures in today, I will also start on the video for it as well. I will make a video like the T34 where I go through every aspect of the product in question that way you guys can get a better feel for it. Just think about that 2mm thick chasiss That includes the rear plate and side fenders too, it is quite strong. This one should be much easier to waterproof too.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:45 AM
SteveDoric

King tiger Henshel turret
Old 09-17-2014, 04:56 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDoric
King tiger Henshel turret

You mean these two? Already got them in stock from Torro. They are the metal chassis and turret versions
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	King Tiger Henschel Turret.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	2032939   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140723_100149.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	2032940  
Old 09-17-2014, 05:01 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oohh.. sealed hulls are nice.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:22 AM
karel47

no answer on the hellcat neither on facebook ... could it be this one ... if so i buy 3 of them
Old 09-17-2014, 05:43 AM
mondo

Running out of actual tanks that fought. I'd suggest looking at the size a Panzer II variant like the J, but Erik said its heavier than a T34. I guess at a push it could be a T-54, although Hooben do a T55 which is mostly the same tank.

I'm really curious because pretty much any tank that a) fought and b) people want has already been mentioned.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:45 AM
fynsdad

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sherman....lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.