Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

PAYPAL question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I get those emails ALL THE TIME.

I just ignore them because I KNOW better.

Jeff
Old 09-26-2014, 01:07 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by airraptor
The thing I dont like about pay pay is the direct link to your bank account. i have heard also where some one has a dispute and the person/vender selling something refuses the refund. People have said they are out that money and product now. How can that be?

I use PP a lot also but mainly because of the PP credit thing. I have a separate checking account linked to paypal. so when I want to transfer money in to PP i use that account.
Link your pay pal to your Pay Pal issued Credit Card No bank accounts ever shows up to any vendor or private person U deal with only pay pal sees your bank account ... Now when Pay Pal gets hacked Well it all over.
My Credit Card and my bank Email me every tim there is any thing done in the accounts. My Credit card texts me with in 10 minutes some time before I finished pumping the gs that a gas station charge has been authorized at (Name of Station)
Old 09-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I just learned tonight that PayPal will no longer allow you to send money free of fees, so no more lying and cheating the system.

Now you pay whether it's a family/friend or business.

Jeff
Old 09-26-2014, 03:10 PM
ksoc

If they are not a big box online store, I use PP.

Last edited by ksoc; 09-26-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a sporadic SELLER, are there any other online options to RECEIVE payment?

Kurt
Old 09-26-2014, 06:30 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

I believe you can set up a wire transfer at your bank, or Western Union, but that takes time. The WE option isn't often used by savy buyers as it affords them almost no protection.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Augustus1967

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I with you'se Guys...

I used to to use my Debit/Credit Card (CUT UP ALL real credit cards ten years ago and never looked back) until my bank Stopped offering a Rewards system...

Now I'm a PayPal Man... And look Askance at sites that don't take PayPal...
I Gotta REALLY Need or Want something to entice me to Whip Out my one and ONLY Credit/Debit Card...

-gus
Old 09-26-2014, 08:46 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
I believe you can set up a wire transfer at your bank, or Western Union, but that takes time. The WE option isn't often used by savy buyers as it affords them almost no protection.

At least one major bank's ( home) online banking site allows you to initiate wire transfers from home. Easy as a last resort if there's no other way
but the wire fee and exchange rates are rarely favorable if sending funds "over there". Everyone must know the exchange the rate is where banks ( and others ) make their
profits and they are substantial.

Jerry
Old 09-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

I'll use PayPal if it's available. It's easy for me, and I feel secure with it. Why would I give my CC number if it wasn't necessary? And why would I use a debit card? Or a check?

If the PP cost cuts into your profit, increase your prices to compensate after you calculate exactly how much your true cost is per order. Do this regardless of whether a person uses PP or not. In other words, spread the cost amongst all customers, not just the PP customers. You might discover your true cost to offer PP is around 1%, and if you raise all prices that much, no one will care if your product is good and your service is good.

ALL businesses do that. They measure the true cost of their product, they measure the true cost of their expenses, and they add a fair profit. It's the bottom line, not the individual orders that count.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:25 AM
straitnickel

for new purchases it's not needed, but for used in the classified it is.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:27 PM
PiperDriver
My Feedback: (152)

Paypal all the way, great service !
Old 09-27-2014, 12:50 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Pay pal takes a percentage so doe every Credit Card company.depending how much business a vendor does through the credit card company. Why do U think Sears, JC Penny Amazon has their own Credit cards. They collect a percentage on their own cards.
If Credit cards didn't collect a percentage from the Vendor , How do U think they could pay 5% cash back. U pay the price up front because every one in the chain has added some sort of mark up to cover the extra cost and like anything else it the final consumer that pays for it all. Pay Pal (Till they get Hacked) makes it safer for me and my credit card and bank account. Eventually some one will hack PAY PAL too.