Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

iHobby Show 2014

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 06:22 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Freaky sells them.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:35 AM
Drew67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Freaky does sell them and his prices are great, especially for combo packages.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

This one?

http://immortalhobbies.com/immortal-...egory=10646606
Old 10-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Drew67

Yeppers, thats the one I bought. Hope to have it next week sometime, good guy to deal with.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Max-U52

Is that what you paid? How much was shipping? What country are you in? Rona keeps saying $150, why the difference? I think Curtis is great, but I have to be careful with money. For example, Curtis offers this

For $120 but I can get the exact same kit from island-enterprises for $80. Now, like I said, I think Curtis is just aces, but I can't afford to throw away $40. That's over a 30 percent difference. I could see paying as much as an extra 10, just to support our forum member that's trying to support the hobby, but I really do have to be careful, so I always try to compare.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:51 AM
YHR

With the Mato tank you get the radio, and everything wired up RTR.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Max-U52

That's what I figured, and since I already have one mato metal tank I would say that also includes all the support stuff, like the mechanism to spin the turret, etc. I really want one of those upcoming tank destroyers and if Rona's statement is accurate that I can get RTR with clark board for an extra $150 and it's Tamiya compatible I think I'd be pretty stupid NOT to spend the extra buck and a half. A true out of the box RTR TD that's ready to go straight to Danville? Man, that's always been a dream so far.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:07 PM
YHR

Freaky is the North American Supplier for the Clark Boards. The only place to get them Cheaper would be from Clark would be my guess

Island Enterprises is the retail arm of IMEX isn't it? hmmmm.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by YHR
Freaky is the North American Supplier for the Clark Boards. The only place to get them Cheaper would be from Clark would be my guess

Island Enterprises is the retail arm of IMEX isn't it? hmmmm.
I wonder if that will mean Mato won't offer an upgrade electronics package for the tanks, and the only way to get the clark package will be on brand new tanks. I think it will be interesting to see what Rona has to say come Monday.

Yes, island-enterprises is Imex on ebay, and that's one reason I was surprised to see that price for the taigen kit at immortal hobbies. I thought most dealers would have Imex stuff for slightly less than Imex or island-enterprises. My understanding is that Imex is priced slightly higher as not to compete with their dealers.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:56 PM
FreakyDude

Maxu52 If you haven't noticed on my web site there is a package deal on 6 channel radios with a Clark board, works out to be about $175 US dollars, difference with my package in comparison to everything else is everything is pre-programmed, I do the settings and I self center the left stick. I also set the Clark so that it runs your tank like a real tank. I highly doubt the mato offering is the same but even if it is, when something breaks I am here and that will always keep us little shops in business.
The pricing on The Taigen radio combo is just a price in Canadian dollars on a unit that I do not wish to focus on. It is there as a convienence only for people that have Taigen systems and want all their tanks to be Taigens. it is physically impossible to have a price set at what everybody else offers on the internet, There is always someone cheaper, I am not trying to be cheap. My whole idea doing this tank thing is to offer value. Imex does compete with its dealers, they would have a bigger slice of my business if they didn't but they do.
Oh and by the way when the Mato tanks hit the street I will be carrying them as well.

Edit: I just searched E-bay and couldn't find any radio sets where there was a huge difference in price, Max you sure Island wasn't selling a refurbed model or just dumping inventory?

Originally Posted by maxu52
Is that what you paid? How much was shipping? What country are you in? Rona keeps saying $150, why the difference? I think Curtis is great, but I have to be careful with money. For example, Curtis offers this

For $120 but I can get the exact same kit from island-enterprises for $80. Now, like I said, I think Curtis is just aces, but I can't afford to throw away $40. That's over a 30 percent difference. I could see paying as much as an extra 10, just to support our forum member that's trying to support the hobby, but I really do have to be careful, so I always try to compare.

Last edited by FreakyDude; 10-19-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:06 PM
Max-U52

Hey Curtis, I have noticed that you set up the packages for the individual and make the left stick self-centering and try to offer a package that's as close to plug and play as it can be and I think that's great. I think modifying the radios for self-centering and the other things you add are a great value. I'll be watching closely to see how things work out for Drew and I just might go with the same package.

One question for future reference - are the prices on your web page in Canadian or U.S. dollars? I already know that when I'm ready I can email you with exactly what I want and you'll tailor the package for me and give me a price for the whole set up. That is my current plan, I just keep getting sidetracked by things like this new Jagdpanther chassis I just ordered!
Old 10-19-2014, 03:23 PM
FreakyDude

my site was US but is now in Canadian dollars. I had to change, Tax man forced me to
Old 10-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Drew67

Sorry, went to see Fury (great movie). My reason for choosing Immortalhobbies "Curtis"was the pre-programed clark board and the customer service. Answerd all my questions.That was worth what I spent.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Max-U52

Hey Drew, I'm kinda jealous. Don't tell me about it!

Think we can get you to do a review when you get the clark package? I think I'm not the only one that's very interested.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Drew67

Absolutely, after I finish the Panzer lll I intend to get another...Taigen definitely,I think the Stug.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:05 PM
Mato Tanks

Originally Posted by Lincs Winks Wayne
Rona:

I have been building RC tank and military vehicle kits since 1969.
Tamiya Leopard 1 and Chieftan ( 69/70 )

Big gap for RC, I never found any one else interested.

HL Pershing (2011) RTR ( with mods)
HL Bulldog (2011 ) RTR ( with mods)
Tamiya Leopard 2A6M CAN (2012) ( kit)(plus mods)
Hooben T-55 (2013 ) (kit)
HL Panther G (2013) RTR (with mods)
Taigen Tiger 1 (2014 ) (kit) (plus mods)
Taigen Tigerturm (2014 ) (scratch)

I became a member of the CamAm RC Tank Club in Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada and have a great time with its 15 to 25 members.
I love doing Kits but they are getting quite scarce or too expensive.
Is there any kits from Mato now or in the future ?
Tearing apart ready to run tanks is just not my thing, kits are me.
I have built hundreds of military planes and vehicles but since I have returned to RC tanks I love making tanks the best.

Any info on the subject would be appreciated.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the message! Right now, our 100% Metal Tanks come fully assembled. That being said, as the producer of these Tanks, it requires a lot of effort and time to put these together. Our Tanks must be made in a "Hand Made" way. The drilling on the Hull most be precise and must be flawless. If we make a mistake when drilling the very last hole on the hull, then the entire hull is useless. We can change this by producing mixed metal and plastic tanks like other manufacturer-but that is not what we do here. A real Tank is metal, and our idea was to pay as much homage to the original as possible. Believe us, it is a lot easier to produce the mixed metal/plastic tank. We could probably sell a lot more of these, but this will take away from the authenticity.

You can also see this link from a factory that makes 1/6 scale 100% metal Tanks- http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...ox-models.html

They do very good work! In the future we may begin to produce plastic kits, but for now Mato will concentrate on 100% Metal Ready To Run Tanks.

Thanks,

Rona
Old 10-19-2014, 10:24 PM
Mato Tanks

Hi Gary

I have to say the retail price for the Clark Board system is much higher than $150. I give you some examples

Clark Board system: over $100
Hobby quality level 6 channel Mato Transmitter: $50
Barrel recoil and Barrel servos: over $20
360 degree turning turret servo: $30
3300 Mah battery and battery charger: $40
Installation fee: over $50

If you pay each item separately. Your cost will be over $300. If you purchase a RTR 100% metal Mato tank. You can get all of these installed for just $150. This is a very special offer only with a RTR 100% metal Mato tank. If you want to order the Clark board kit. You can order through Immortalhobbies. I personally think their price is reasonable.

Thanks,

Rona
Old 01-26-2015, 02:44 PM
Max-U52

Hey Rona,

Just wondering about the status of the M-36 Tank Destroyer. How long before they're available? And will Mato also be doing the M-10?
Old 01-28-2015, 08:48 PM
Mato Tanks

Hey Gary

Thank you for your interests in our tanks. The Chinese Holidays are coming soon. We wish to finish the orders for the M4A3 Sherman tank before the Holidays. Then after the Holidays we can start to produce the M36 and M10 tanks. They are actually ready for production. But the production of the M4A3 takes much longer time than we thought. We would need more people to help. It seems the M36 and M10 are even harder. I will let you know the update after the Chinese Holidays.

Thank you very much,

Rona

Hey Rona,

Just wondering about the status of the M-36 Tank Destroyer. How long before they're available? And will Mato also be doing the M-10?