Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Asiatam elevation/recoil unit help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Asiatam elevation/recoil unit help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:35 AM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asiatam elevation/recoil unit help

OK, so I read with interest Strato's Pershing build to figure this unit out. I know this unit is technically made for my Stug 3, but there were no directions so I am unsure how to install it. I think I may be able to get it mounted by hacking it in, but I am wondering if anybody has a wiring diagram for it or directions on how to install it? I have no clue how to wire it up. The stock electronics were not present when I bought the tank and I am usually a Tamiya guy, so HL is a bit foreign to me....
Old 10-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Possibly something like this? Which unit are you using? There is a special sized one for the Stug 3 if I remember correctly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring Diagram for IR v3.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	2039866  
Old 10-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you using the HengLong electronics? I've never used HL stuff with this unit but my understanding is that it's a bit different than installing into a Clark... but I do know there are guides in a few build logs floating around.. ><

As for physical installation if it didn't come with a mounting plate, as some of them do for the Tiger, Panzer III, etc. then yea you'll likely have to 'make it fit'

...been trying to find you a good how-to but I've run out of time. Will check in asap!
Old 10-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Cruiser133

I will be using Clark electronics...

Thanks Erik, I bought the unit from you. It was listed under the Stug 3/PZ3 parts list.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Cruiser133

Thanks to the wiring diagram, I have figured out the connections, but the unit clearly does not fit inside the citadel. I have purused Google and have yet to find a good picture of one mounted in a Stug 3. Does anybody have any ideas?? Thanks!
Old 10-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

It is a quite small fit actually. Most people who swap over use the smaller IR unit from HL though, it is the one shaped like an airsoft unit. I unfortunately do not have one here to show as I am all sold out of the IR versions and the next batch will be airsoft I will see if I can find one though, I'll PM you something.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:11 PM
FreakyDude

the Taigen recoil unit won't fit in a Stug, The Stug just doesn't have the space that the PzIII has. You need to use servos probably or get the HL IR recoil and modify it.