Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Mayberry Street Accessories

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mayberry Street Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Mayberry Street Accessories

I stopped into my local Hobby Lobby yesterday to pick up a can of dulcote (yes, I sometimes get funny looks when I walk in and buy one can of paint and use a 40% off coupon), and they had all Mayberry stuff on sale for 30% off. For those of you not familiar with this line, it's supposed to be all about 1/12 scale dollhouses, but a lot of the stuff works great for 1/16th. Here's what I picked up, and the cow and horse are too small and the flour and sugar sacks too big, but most of the other stuff will work well. For some reason I especially like the duck. The wishing well is a bit small but I'll fit it into the tank village someplace. I picked up the clock to go in the detailed guard house I plan to build this winter, and I may go with this brand for interior lighting. That's a familiar Tamiya figure thrown in for scale, and I imagine most of you recognize this guy, the 1/16th Tamiya tank crewman.

I don't know if this is local or nationwide, but the sale ends tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2625.JPG
Views:	422
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	2041939  
Old 10-24-2014, 01:37 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's Andy and deputy Fife?
Old 10-24-2014, 01:59 PM
sassgrunt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking that, too. I have one tank that's pretty goofy-looking. Barney Fife might be the perfect TC.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:05 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sassgrunt
Barney Fife might be the perfect TC.
Issued one round kept in his panzer jacket pocket?
Old 10-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Drew67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't Andy take that one away too?
Old 10-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBennyB
Where's Andy and deputy Fife?
They went to visit Cousin Enos in Hazzard. But if you can get past the silly name they actually have some good stuff. The electrical pieces open a lot of possibilities for structures, as they have great miniature lamps and even ceiling fixtures, including operating ceiling fans. Those have got me thinking of building some kind of bar for the DAK troops to hang out in. Kind of a Humphrey Bogart type gin joint. Once I get the guard shack going I'll post some photos and I think you guys will be surprised. To me there's a lot more to this hobby than just the tanks. I'm having a good time with everything from structures to figures to pigs and tractors for the farm. The best part is I can play like a little kid and everyone accepts it as a totally adult hobby. Pretty cool.