Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hobby Raw LAV update

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Hobby Raw LAV update

A while back I ordered one of those LAVs with the water cannon from Hobby Raw. I did a little review when it arrived but it arrived with a broken wheel and no battery so that was rather limited. Hobby Raw is sending me a new wheel (finally got the battery last week, I ordered this thing on August 29th) and the wheel should've been here today but even though the tracking site says it's been delivered, when I got home I found it's NOT HERE! I called the PO and they're looking into it. If it's not one thing it's another. As soon as I get this straight and get the wheel and fix the darn thing I'll complete the review. So far it's been WAY more trouble than it's worth.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:25 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

OK, Post Office found the wheel (delivered to the wrong house) and I got it installed, soldered the two broken wires back in place and tried it out on the shop floor this morning.

As we expected, it's a toy. The electronics suck, the wheels don't automatically re-center themselves, the reception is spotty at best, and it runs like crap. That said, Man this thing is fun. The water cannon is a real blast, and shoots at least 25 feet. If you get going on cement and cut the wheels hard it will actually drift like one of those fast&furious dudes. It won't run on any kind of rough surface, but on a smooth floor it's not too horrible.

It is a lot of fun, but it is a toy so unless someone wants to see something specific I'm not gonna bother with any more videos (I've already posted a couple and you can find them by going to my profile and searching threads I've started looking for hobby raw or LAV). However, if one of my rc tank brothers needs more info I'll be happy to do what I can for ya. I guess if you REALLY wanted to do a serious LAV this might make a good start, but $100 seems kind of high for a shell.

As for Hobby Raw, they did everything they needed to in order to get this taken care of and they were pleasant to deal with. I can recommend them with confidence. The shipping is a bit slow, but that's to be expected considering how far the product has to travel to get to me. I'll definitely do business with them again in the future.

So let me know if anyone needs more info.

Last edited by Max-U52; 10-28-2014 at 06:33 AM.