Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Jagdtiger questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Jagdtiger questions

Can anyone tell me anything about this? Can you believe the depth of the track it leaves!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6LL4tCTXEs

Last edited by Max-U52; 11-02-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:43 PM
sassgrunt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that the video shows vehicle number 305004, which was captured by the British at Haustenbeck, Germany in 1945. While running it around there for testing, they managed to break off one of the bogie units. It is now housed at the Bovington Museum, and I would LOVE to see it in person one day!
Old 11-03-2014, 05:44 AM
Max-U52

Cool! That's great info and I thank you. I know Imex is coming out with a jadgtiger next spring and I want one bad, but I thought it would be seriously cool to get a second one and modify it to look just like this one, broken bogie and all. I have a couple buds over there, maybe I can get them to go get some more photos.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:35 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's an early with Porsche bogies. If Imex comes out with one I highly doubt it will have that suspension, more likely the Henschel suspension similar to the KT.
Could still be done with the asiatam Elefant suspension, just some work. Different track too I believe.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:02 PM
chris3BK

moin

this typ of porsche suspension is completly diverent to the Elefant porsche suspension.

this is one of the porsche jagdtiger suspesnson part.

if you want to made a own henschel Jagdtiger maybe one of my kits would be interestenig for you maxus.

cu christian
Old 11-03-2014, 01:59 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Do you think it is the one missing off the Bovington Porsche JagdTiger?
Old 11-03-2014, 02:39 PM
thecommander

The Bovi Jagdtiger is a beast. When I visited in 2009 & 2012 you could climb atop a catwalk to examine the engine bay & turret interior.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:45 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The tracks were the same on both Henschel and Porsche Jadgtiger though the Bovington Porsche Jagdtiger has the early dog bone type tracks and 18 tooth sprockets, as Chris says the suspension was completely different
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdtig..._Bovington.jpg
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...r_sdkfz186.jpg
Old 11-03-2014, 03:16 PM
sassgrunt

I believe that the first five Porsche Jagdtigers used the early type of King Tiger tracks, called Gg 24/800/300. This had an 18-tooth drive sprocket, and a 1-part "A" shoe and a 4-part "B" shoe. They found that the inside run of the double set of guide teeth hit the suspension, so they cut off the inside teeth. You can see this on the Bovington example, when you look at a picture of the missing bogie unit. Here's a link to a colorized picture that shows the captured vehicle being transported to England, that shows the missing track teeth on the links hanging on the superstructure: http://www.ww2incolor.com/colorizati...r-Porsche.html No idea why they aren't displayed at Bovington; maybe they never got there.
Porsche Jagdtigers from 305006 used 9-tooth drive sprockets and a simplified track called Gg 26/800/300.
There is also a series of pictures of one with Ferdinand tracks, and I've always wondered if they tried this to see if this was a cheap way around the problem.

Last edited by sassgrunt; 11-03-2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added link
Old 11-03-2014, 03:57 PM
chris3BK

Hi

@maus45

No, if i remember right this part was found somwere near the rhein, were a other porsche get destroyed.

Cu
Old 11-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by chris3BK
if you want to made a own henschel Jagdtiger maybe one of my kits would be interestenig for you maxus.

cu christian
Chris, I have your website on my favorites bar and I visit it all the time, but the first thing I'm going to buy from you is the Opel Blitz Tanker truck. I hope to buy one in March or April, and when I'm ready I'll ask about a price for a complete kit, with motor and steering servo, so I can just paint it and put in together and add my own TX/RX. I'll need the Opel for the Meillerwagen convoy I want to build for my V-2, so I'll also be looking for a trailer for the liquid oxygen, and maybe you can help me there, too. But not til spring.

Have you ever thought about making a Hanomag SS-100?

Google translated this for me. I hope it is correct. I like to study the translations. Helps me learn. Lenkservo was the word I learned from this. Good word. Steering servo. Got it. If it's not right, please tell me. I'll learn from that, too.

Chris , ich habe Ihre Website auf meiner Favoritenleiste und ich besuchen es die ganze Zeit , aber das erste, was ich werde von Ihnen zu kaufen ist der Opel Blitz Tankwagen . Ich hoffe, eines im März oder April zu kaufen, und wenn ich bereit bin ich über einen Preis für ein komplettes Set zu stellen, mit Motor und Lenkservo , so kann ich nur malen sie und steckte in zusammen und fügen Sie mein eigenes TX / RX . Ich werde den Opel für die Meillerwagen Konvoi Ich möchte für meine V-2 zu bauen müssen , also werde ich auch auf der Suche werden für einen Anhänger für den flüssigen Sauerstoff, und vielleicht können Sie mir da helfen , auch. Aber nicht bis Frühjahr.

Haben Sie jemals darüber nachgedacht , einen Hanomag SS-100?

Max/Gary
Old 11-04-2014, 01:16 AM
chris3BK

hi maxus

:-)

you can write me in english thats no problem. googel translation is somtimes more confusing hehe.

yes i have thought about the ss-100 but at the moment there is nothing done about it, need to get some material about it first. about the oxigen trailer, wich one you want, or do you have pictures of it?

cu christian
Old 11-04-2014, 05:26 AM
Max-U52

Hey Christian, I'm still not sure about the trailer, I'll have to do more research. Wikipedia tells me that these are the vehicles I'll need, but so far all I have is the rocket! So much work left to do!

Feuerleitzugmaschine Sd.Kfz. 7/3 (command vehicle)
Feuerleitpanzer Sd.Kfz.251 (command vehicle)
Hanomag SS-100 (tractor vehicle)
Meiler-Wagen (V-2 mobile wagon-launcher)
Opel-Blitz T-Stoffwagen (fuel car-tanker)
Kesselanhänger für Fl-Sauerstoff (liquid oxygen wagon-tanker)

But like I said, I won't be ready to start until spring so I have time to get the research done.

You'll be hearing from me again, my new friend.

Gary
Old 11-04-2014, 04:51 PM
sassgrunt

Max, since you have an interest in V2's and their related equipment in this scale, have you seen (or maybe you have it already) the Imex V2 rocket kit in 1/16 scale? They don't come up for sale very often, but they sometimes still do. There is also an Estes flying model rocket kit that can still be found. I don't know what the scale is, but it's shorter than the 34" Imex kit. Just food for throught.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by sassgrunt
Max, since you have an interest in V2's and their related equipment in this scale, have you seen (or maybe you have it already) the Imex V2 rocket kit in 1/16 scale? They don't come up for sale very often, but they sometimes still do. There is also an Estes flying model rocket kit that can still be found. I don't know what the scale is, but it's shorter than the 34" Imex kit. Just food for throught.
Funny you should mention the Imex kit. When I said all I have so far is the rocket, that's the one I have. Got it on ebay for $60. Did I get robbed? It seemed like a good price at the time.

I'm also looking at the apogee kit, as that's the right length and it actually flies. The only thing I can think of better than a Meillerwagen convoy is a Meillerwagen convoy that can actually launch a rocket. It will be very challenging because most flying model rockets need that silly launch rail, but I'll figure something out.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:05 PM
sassgrunt

You got a good price on the Imex; I paid $100 for mine a couple of years ago, and that's what I've seen them go for since. I have this 'paper panzer' idea to make a tracked carrier/erector vehicle for it using the lengthened Tiger Geschutzwagen chassis. Saw the idea in 1/35 scale on another forum and it seemed like it would be awesome in 1/16!
Old 11-05-2014, 04:36 AM
TheBennyB

Dang, got my Imex for $35. Was sitting in a back corner of a mom and pop LHS.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Max-U52

I'll gladly give you $36 for it.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:46 AM
TheBennyB

Originally Posted by maxu52
I'll gladly give you $36 for it.
Next time I siwng by there I'll see if they have anymore laying around.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh man the classic V2 rocket We have been out of those guys for more than 5 years. Yea that actually was how I met Maxu52, he called about something and we started talking about the rocket too. Here is a picture of ours in the front waiting room:

I am not sure how long it has been there, but I would guess a long time. I'll have to ask bossman when gets back from China again. And yes, again I said. He wanted to go over and make sure the Sherman was coming along nicely.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-05 10.04.23.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	504.3 KB
ID:	2045027  
Old 11-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by TheBennyB
Next time I siwng by there I'll see if they have anymore laying around.
That would be truly awesome. If they do I'd definitely be interested, so please let me know.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

i had a few model rockets before they are pretty cool, launched a few times a few burned parachutes here a there but it happens...lol gave them to my Nephew i'm sure he got rid of them by now
Old 11-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by Airbrushler
i had a few model rockets before they are pretty cool, launched a few times a few burned parachutes here a there but it happens...lol gave them to my Nephew i'm sure he got rid of them by now
I was actualy kinda heavy into rockets when I was young. Pretty cool to play with, but you need a lot of space to make sure they come down safely.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

where i lived the ex wife and i had about 2 and a half acres it did drift across the road a few times to the cow farm...lol
Old 11-06-2014, 09:17 AM
TheBennyB

I dabbled a little as a kid. Had the Estes Mad Max, lost her on the maiden flight on a golf course. Didn't notice the high wind in upper altitudes that day, chute deployed and that sucker took off. Sorry we've kinda gone off topic here from OP.