Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Moves too fast

Old 11-11-2014, 07:29 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks Tom. One thing the Tamiya can afford having a separate hobby radio is the Turnigy inertia chip. I tried it but soon took it out. $10.00 bucks or so? Not a bad direction.

If it'll work with your tank, another option.

Jeff
Old 11-11-2014, 11:07 AM
wsn123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnymike
Thanks for the info. wsn123
This seems to be a good thing to try. I realize it could be kind of a trial and error learning curve. But that's OK the tinkering will be fun for me.

Kind regards
JMS
I forgot to add - mentioned Schumo gear reduction kit contain three removable pinions - 10T, 12T, 14T - so You can also set Your favourite gear ratio and tank speed changing this pinions.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:20 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use Mato 2.0 gearboxes in most of my tanks. Geared lower then stock and to me this is the first upgrade anyone should do in a tank. A good set of gears will make your tank more enjoyable then metal tracks will. When prioritizing, I put gearbox changes at the top of the list.

The DBC3 has a momentum feature that can be turned on or off by the user at tank start up. I find it gives usable momentum without being stupid. Ie it stops jack rabbit starts and changes in direction without causing you to ram into things. I find this momentum feature when used with an RX18 gives very smooth response.

Also of note are the programmable radios as Danl mentioned. Much can be done with those. Many of the third party Boards availble have programble features, but in reality a good radio can do all of this as well, and you don't need the elctronics onboard a tank. Downside is you need to adjust the radio for each different tank. Stand alone boards or Turnigy servo controls can be set up onboard with the tank, and set up only once. Much less screwing around.

Last edited by YHR; 11-12-2014 at 09:22 AM.