Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long M1A2 has arrived

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long M1A2 has arrived

Old 12-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by maxu52
The photo above shows the on/off switch but the slot for the smoke switch is empty and I don't see a volume knob at all.
Well we should know in about a week and a half. I will promise to put up all kinds of video for you guys. We just got a new video room set up today, so we will be pumping out videos now. I also got a ton of lights, the 1000W bulbs are insane! It is like sitting in front of a heater! At least now the lighting is much better and you guys will actually get to see me haha. No more famous hands....
Old 12-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Bagheera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do like the train engine camo. and it seams to around the tank does it come in boat camo too or how about car LOL
Old 12-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Bagheera
I do like the train engine camo. and it seams to around the tank does it come in boat camo too or how about car LOL
LOL it took me a min to catch that one!
Old 12-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Augustus1967

Yes Sir!!!

Been waiting on This Tank!
Being an "86-87" M1A1 Tanker, Stationed in West Germany...
I think the Purtiest Gal at The Ball was the Abrams in her NATO Woodland Camo Pattern...
So that's the direction il be heading with the first Abrams I lay hands on...
After that... Who Knows...

As for the Challenger II... I'll save a place at the Round Table for her as well...

Happy Tanking!

-gus
Old 12-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just received an email update today from Hobby Raw, the M1A2 is now in stock! However their website has mysteriously crashed...
Old 12-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Captain Nemo12
Just received an email update today from Hobby Raw, the M1A2 is now in stock! However their website has mysteriously crashed...
Why buy from an overseas company when you could get them from us? We will be selling pre checked tanks with upgraded 4:1 steel gearboxes with 20pc bearings for $229 and only 23.99 (US) shipping....

209.98+35 est shipping= HL Abrams with plastic gears from Hobbyraw
229.99+24 est shipping= HL Abrams with steel gears (the good ones will bearings on all shafts) as well as a pre checked tank and shipped from a closer dealer.... (us, IMEX)

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on them, just we are offering such a good deal I don't see why anyone would go with them when you could get a big upgrade for such a small amount. Plus, we will be checking them and adding extra packing if needed, that alone is worth the price difference there to me!

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 12-11-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:51 AM
godowar

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Why buy from an overseas company when you could get them from us? We will be selling pre checked tanks with upgraded 4:1 steel gearboxes with 20pc bearings for $229 and only 23.99 (US) shipping....

229.99+24 est shipping= HL Abrams with steel gears (the good ones will bearings on all shafts) as well as a pre checked tank and shipped from a closer dealer.... (us, IMEX)

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on them, just we are offering such a good deal I don't see why anyone would go with them when you could get a big upgrade for such a small amount. Plus, we will be checking them and adding extra packing if needed, that alone is worth the price difference there to me!
Erik,

Can you confirm if the M1A2 Abrams has the same final drive setup as the 2A6? If so .... These would be nice to install....
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5548897&type=1

War and Peace,
GoW
Old 12-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Augustus1967
Yes Sir!!!

Been waiting on This Tank!
Being an "86-87" M1A1 Tanker, Stationed in West Germany...
I think the Purtiest Gal at The Ball was the Abrams in her NATO Woodland Camo Pattern...
So that's the direction il be heading with the first Abrams I lay hands on...
After that... Who Knows...

As for the Challenger II... I'll save a place at the Round Table for her as well...

Happy Tanking!

-gus
Me too! I will be downgrading mine to an A1 and woodland camo. I will be modeling it after my last armor unit. I would like to get 2 and send 1 to my old commander!
Old 12-11-2014, 12:46 PM
godowar

Originally Posted by Oracus
Me too! I will be downgrading mine to an A1 and woodland camo. I will be modeling it after my last armor unit. I would like to get 2 and send 1 to my old commander!
Oracus,

I will be doing the same downgrades.
As to the upgrades I will be going 360 traverse
I plan on doing the Clark TK22 M1 with the GBS module addon, and sound amplifier.
Possibly Benedini Sound if the TK22 is not sufficient
Servo Recoil
I plan on removing the Airsoft BB unit and installing a flash unit
Standard battery box removal and hull sealing
Metal Tracks
Eventually I may have my friend FAB me up an all metal hull as he has access to a CNC machine.

Excited as all get out ... Just waiting for my email from Erik so I can pay him, and have my new baby come home.

-GoW
5/77th Armor "Steel Tigers all the way!"

Last edited by godowar; 12-11-2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Signature
Old 12-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Panther G

Yeah I too will be retro fitting mine to an A1 just because the woodland NATO colors and pattern are so much more interesting than desert sand. Besides the Abrams was designed and built for action in Europe .
Old 12-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik

Erik,

For me it's mostly because of the custom fees, anything that goes over $100 shipped from US is gonna get charged almost the same amount as the shipping... I like the idea of the 4:1 gearboxes but the gear ratio is too slow for modern tanks (for my tastes anyways). If I order from Hobby Raw I'll also get charged customs most likely. So I'll wait for Mato to stock them and get it from there, they're located in the province next to mine so shipping will be cheap and without custom fees.

But it's good that Imex will be carrying the M1, you guys provide a great service stateside .
Old 12-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Bagheera

Likely I will get mine from Matomart and Immortal Hobbies will have the we tank too. It is a hot item and be patient the tank will be here.

Johnny

17 tanks is not enough I think I need more
Old 12-11-2014, 08:47 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by godowar
Oracus,

I plan on doing the Clark TK22 M1 with the GBS module addon, and sound amplifier.
Servo Recoil
Metal Tracks
Eventually I may have my friend FAB me up an all metal hull as he has access to a CNC machine.

Excited as all get out ... Just waiting for my email from Erik so I can pay him, and have my new baby come home.

-GoW
Originally Posted by Panther G
Yeah I too will be retro fitting mine to an A1 just because the woodland NATO colors and pattern are so much more interesting than desert sand. Besides the Abrams was designed and built for action in Europe .
Would love to see the detailed build/retro threads for these. Be interesting to see the differences between the A1 and A2...not too schooled up on that.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:09 AM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

It is interesting the number of people who want M1A1 models. (As do I so I can do a USMC variant) You need to change cupola and commanders MG, no CITV, fewer antenna.... Depends how retro you want to go... old school doghouse.... marines use different smoke launchers too.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:15 AM
Imex-Erik

Erik,

Can you confirm if the M1A2 Abrams has the same final drive setup as the 2A6? If so .... These would be nice to install....
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5548897&type=1

War and Peace,
GoW
I will only be able to confirm once I get one here. Remember when I got mine back in Feb I said it looked pretty unfinished. I hope so, that would be a nice addon. If nothing changed on the driveline then the Leopard tracks will fit it. The Challenger also used the same tracks as the Abrams/Leopard so maybe we can get lucky there. As soon as they arrive, I'll snatch one off the truck and run into the new video room
No train camo?
Oracus,

Servo Recoil
Metal Tracks

-GoW
Dont worry, RCU member's will go out first no matter how far down the list they are. I have always stated this and I still stick to it, my RCU members come first
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo12
Erik,

For me it's mostly because of the custom fees, anything that goes over $100 shipped from US is gonna get charged almost the same amount as the shipping... I like the idea of the 4:1 gearboxes but the gear ratio is too slow for modern tanks (for my tastes anyways). If I order from Hobby Raw I'll also get charged customs most likely. So I'll wait for Mato to stock them and get it from there, they're located in the province next to mine so shipping will be cheap and without custom fees.

But it's good that Imex will be carrying the M1, you guys provide a great service stateside .
You never know, send me an email/PM with a shipping address and I'll get you a quote. Plus, if you want the nylon gears, just ask. I'll gladly toss them in with the tank too if you want. And thanks for the compliment! I try my hardest! More good stuff is coming next year, it will be just as packed for releases and surprises as this year!
Old 12-12-2014, 07:05 AM
Oracus

Oracus,

-GoW
5/77th 4ID or 1AD?

2/37AR 1AD "Iron Dukes"
Old 12-12-2014, 09:20 AM
godowar

5/77th 4ID or 1AD?

2/37AR 1AD "Iron Dukes"
8th ID, 5/77th Armor
Old 12-13-2014, 10:26 AM
Merganser

Ok, I give in and will call on Monday to get on the list. The Sherman will just have to wait. Will have to see just what add-ons I can get in the same box. l will probably have to wait for the next shipment after waiting so long to decide. John from the steppes of Wyoming.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Merganser

Ok, I may think about the Sherman on the same order. In for a penny, in for a pound as they say. John from a warm Wyoming (55 degrees today and snow tonight)

Last edited by Merganser; 12-13-2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: adding a new question
Old 12-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Panther G

It was a Marine div that crossed the Tigres River first into Bagdad wasn't it? That would be a cool use of the desert sand paint scheme. I do believe they where still using A1 tanks so a retro would still be needed but not an entire repaint just some weathering and detail.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Merganser
Ok, I may think about the Sherman on the same order. In for a penny, in for a pound as they say. John from a warm Wyoming (55 degrees today and snow tonight)
Yea they are more fun with 2. Actually the more the better! It will be funny when that Sherman runs the Abrams right over, it is quite the beast.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Oracus

Originally Posted by Panther G
It was a Marine div that crossed the Tigres River first into Bagdad wasn't it? That would be a cool use of the desert sand paint scheme. I do believe they where still using A1 tanks so a retro would still be needed but not an entire repaint just some weathering and detail.
Not 100% positive as it was a month before my unit arrived, but 3ID had taken Baghdad airport and the Marine tank battalion were under their command. And you are correct about the desert M1A1's the Marines used.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Augustus1967

Bravo Company 1-37 Armor for me...
"Iron Time Soldier"... West Germany "85-87"...
We had M60A3's when I got there in 1985.
Transitioned to M1A1's in 1986...

Stationed just up the Road from First Armor Division HQ(Ansbach), at a Wide Spot in the road called Katterbach, across the Road from an Army Helicopter Base.

Where I fell in Love with German Beer, German Girls, German Food and The M1A1 Abrams.
And Not necessarily in That order...

-gus
Old 12-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Merganser

I have an interesting book by Jason Conroy called "Heavy Metal" about his experiences leading a company of M1A1's that were part of the 3rd Infantry Division during their run into Bagdad. I would be interested in hearing opinions from real tankers about the book since I hope to do a model of one of their tanks. John

Last edited by Merganser; 12-16-2014 at 09:38 PM. Reason: wrong tank model number
Old 12-15-2014, 06:15 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not 100% positive as it was a month before my unit arrived, but 3ID had taken Baghdad airport and the Marine tank battalion were under their command. And you are correct about the desert M1A1's the Marines used.
Yes, Marines were first into Baghdad with the Army close behind. Not sure where that info is from about 1st Tank Bn working for 3ID. It belonged to I MEF (I Marine Expeditionary Force), more specifically to 1st MarDiv.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.