Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

IMEX/Taigen will be carrying the HL Abrams (with Steel gearboxes) Special deals!

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

IMEX/Taigen will be carrying the HL Abrams (with Steel gearboxes) Special deals!

Old 11-18-2014, 08:20 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Default IMEX/Taigen will be carrying the HL Abrams (with Steel gearboxes) Special deals!

Hello tankers,
So we all know the HL Abrams will be releasing soon, so here at IMEX/Taigen we figured we would help out by providing a trusted outlet to purchase your HL Abrams! We will be offering the HL Abrams with full bearing (20pc) 4:1 steel gearboxes installed. You will also have a choice of electronics, either the stock 2.4GHz HL system or we will install the Taigen 2.4GHz system with 3W Taigen speaker for an additional cost.

Here is a picture of the new gearboxes. These are new 380 motors with 18k RPM. I must say the full bearing gearboxes are super nice. My King Tiger just coasts to a stop now....

Of course the HL Abrams....

So once again, two versions will be offered... Both will come with the new full bearing 4:1 steel gearboxes. Now here is where you can choose, you may have the stock HL or our Taigen system. The stock HL version will be $229 while the Taigen version will be $299. The gearboxes will be installed by myself as well as the Taigen system. At least this way you have me to look over your tank first Unfortunately this will not be a dealer offered service and quantities will be limited. The estimated ship date is the middle-end of December. Please contact me via email at [email protected] for more information or to place an order. PMs are wonky here and I think I don't always get my messages.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2048359   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140313_152853.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	2048361  
Old 11-18-2014, 08:25 AM
mordock999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GREAT!

E-mail is ON Its Way!!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Imex-Erik

I will keep a list and all that place through me will have first dibs on initial batch. By that time my assistant will be here and I will be doing this full time for an period of time to the earlier you are the quicker you will get it No charges will be made until the tanks are here of course!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:33 AM
BludoTheSmelly

Do you guys accept paypal?
Old 11-18-2014, 09:42 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

4:1 may make it a bit slow for an MBT. I do have the 3:1 all bearinged up and they are great. IT is amazing what the beaings do for the boxes. Like you said the tank will actually coast under its own load.

What is the cost ont he 4:1 with bearings. These should be great on WWII tanks.

Cheers

Last edited by YHR; 11-18-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Cruiser133

SWEET!!!! Thanks Erik!
Old 11-18-2014, 10:51 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by BludoTheSmelly
Do you guys accept paypal?
Of course
Originally Posted by YHR
4:1 may make it a bit slow for an MBT. I do have the 3:1 all bearinged up and they are great. IT is amazing what the beaings do for the boxes. Like you said the tank will actually coast under its own load.

What is the cost ont he 4:1 with bearings. These should be great on WWII tanks.

Cheers
I don't have a price on these yet. More details and pricing soon on these guys. I do agree though, the bearings make a world of difference. I will have 3:1 and 4:1 types with full bearing sets soon. They will be just like the one pictured above. The old brass gearboxes (I really need a new name for them) should be launching after those two do.
Originally Posted by Cruiser133
SWEET!!!! Thanks Erik!
Anytime! I'm sure you guys would rather buy from someone you trust than ebay'ing it and hoping it works. Remember, if you want one, send me a message and let me know! When the container gets close I will start calling/emailing everyone that wanted one and the first to pay will be the first to ship You don't want to miss X-mas for this guy!
Old 11-18-2014, 05:21 PM
trackmech81

Email sent
Old 11-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Imex-Erik

Thanks all for the interest! Just to clear up a few questions.....
1. Only the 4:1 gearboxes are being offered at the moment. 3:1 might come later.
2. HL no longer makes IR tanks! This means all future HL tanks will be airsoft only! If you want an IR tank you may buy an IR unit from us and retrofit it or from your preferred vendor.
3. No one will be charged until the work has started. I will contact you via the contact information you provide me, so the more info the faster you can get your tank.
4. Only 1 paint scheme is being offered by HL at the moment.
5. Other metal options such as tracks and more are being worked on, but I think I might only have tracks when the Abrams comes in. We actually have VERY nice Leopard 2 tracks and as long as the design hasn't changed they should work. More on this later....

I'm sure more questions will pop up soon but I did want everyone to know that HL is done with IR tanks. Taigen of course will still provide airsoft and infrared tanks We will also still sell IR products as well. IR is not done for us
Old 11-19-2014, 12:00 PM
YHR

Most of us on this forum probably never really considered the IR side of Heng Long as anything more then it needed to be changed out to Tamiya compatibility.. The only reason I bought HL IR tanks was because they came with bbl recoil,

Overall probably not bad news as it means that the hobby may concentrate on the Tamiya standard, and have less fractionation..
Old 11-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Imex-Erik

Well recoil can be achieved with an airsoft model pretty easy as well, so don't count that out I personally have two I made and both have ATRC from RCTA. Funny thing is, I still have the stock Taigen board.

Fragmentation should be a bit less now, but remember a big player in the IR game is gone whether we like them or not. Less is not always better in this fact. Either way as you said most do not stick to the HL or Taigen for battling, so this shouldn't be too much of an issue. I am however watching the new Taipan2014 board from RCTA! Kevin is working on some really nice stuff and just released the RC2TG board for our Taigen systems
Old 11-19-2014, 01:23 PM
YHR

We having been waiting on that for over a year, and it won't be cheap.

Frankly the market is not big enough to support all the systems. Selling this stuff is a hobby.

The other new board that was showcased on another thread sounded great for $95. The stuff made in China is hard to compete against.

Last edited by YHR; 11-19-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:32 PM
TigerTankMan

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
I'm sure more questions will pop up soon but I did want everyone to know that HL is done with IR tanks. Taigen of course will still provide airsoft and infrared tanks We will also still sell IR products as well. IR is not done for us
I didn't really think this was news - as i thought HL had been done with IR since the release of the ZTZ99 as it was only ever available in BB and so was the Leopard 2A6 and T34.
Good to hear Taigen plan on supporting it. Even though as Dan has said, most of us swap out the IR gear for ElMod/Clark/DBC/MAKO/IBU/whatever the hell is available. So many aftermarket options these days.

Last edited by TigerTankMan; 11-19-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:40 PM
TigerTankMan

Originally Posted by YHR
We having been waiting on that for over a year, and it won't be cheap.

Frankly the market is not big enough to support all the systems. Selling this stuff is a hobby.
That's the opinion of someone that clearly has interests in their own product selling. I do agree that the market is small, but if something comes along that is better than whats available, then sign me up.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:56 PM
FreakyDude

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Well recoil can be achieved with an airsoft model pretty easy as well, so don't count that out I personally have two I made and both have ATRC from RCTA. Funny thing is, I still have the stock Taigen board.

Fragmentation should be a bit less now, but remember a big player in the IR game is gone whether we like them or not. Less is not always better in this fact. Either way as you said most do not stick to the HL or Taigen for battling, so this shouldn't be too much of an issue. I am however watching the new Taipan2014 board from RCTA! Kevin is working on some really nice stuff and just released the RC2TG board for our Taigen systems
And that Taipan work has been going on for many moons, what I am saying is don't hold your breath waiting for it. I was discussing that very board I think it was 2 years ago with kevin.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:16 PM
YHR

Originally Posted by TigerTankMan
That's the opinion of someone that clearly has interests in their own product selling. I do agree that the market is small, but if something comes along that is better than whats available, then sign me up.
To some degree,but the market is the market. People will always buy the latest if it is the greatest. Nothing new about that. I am just saying this market cannot support multiple systems
Clarke has moved back to 1/35 to supplement sales.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Imex-Erik

Yea Taipan has been going on for a while now, but he is getting close to completion I have been speaking with him this week on it. He has been posting a lot on it this week here: http://rctanksaustralia.com/forum/vi...74f902356aff8b
I know for sure I will be getting one of these Kevin makes some really great stuff and is extremely intelligent. I should have some RC2TG boards on the way very shortly as well as a few new transmitters to play with. Hopefully bossman buys me the new Taranis (hint hint boss!!) they are quite the monster TX.
Oh so how comes the FPV? I am anxiously awaiting a new system to try... My newest quad is almost done, I was thinking about doing the Teleporter V3 Fatshark system....
Old 11-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to get my pre order in. Its late so i'll email you soon.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:13 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Panther G
I want to get my pre order in. Its late so i'll email you soon.
No problem, I expect the wait time should be fairly short on these. We have a new tech here at IMEX/Taigen which gives me a bit more time for special projects and the like. I will be the one doing the installs for the Abrams though do not worry. Just so you guys know, the boat has sailed (literally) and is crossing the pond now. ETA later today.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:25 AM
trackmech81

Can't wait.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:31 AM
Imex-Erik

Yes it will be an interested tank. There is plenty of room to add all kinds of stuff so I expect the Abrams tank will have a lot of builds. I'm thinking the first mod will be the battery case, then IR/recoil, Abrams variant kits, then the interesting gyro based stuff
Old 11-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Cruiser133

I would love to turn one out with a Tusk kit.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Merganser

Are the new Shermans on the same boat? I can only afford (sort of) one more tank this year and if the upgraded Abrams are only going to be available for a short time I may have to get my name on your list and wait till next year for the Sherman. I do have your metal tracks for my Leo and they are nice. jot from the not so snowy steppes of the state of Wyoming unlike Wyoming County in upper state New York
Old 11-21-2014, 06:10 PM
MODELMAN2

The Shermans are next weeks container... The Abrams are on Middle December container Bill
Old 11-23-2014, 12:19 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Erik will you guys be offering an option to have the Clarke boards installed by you or be able to make them available as a package?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.