Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

IMEX/Taigen will be carrying the HL Abrams (with Steel gearboxes) Special deals!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

IMEX/Taigen will be carrying the HL Abrams (with Steel gearboxes) Special deals!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 12:21 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I really think I want to do another Sherman variant project too. I like the HL/Taigen Sherman much better than what Mato offered but my project turned out well for me.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:21 AM
trackmech81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a good question. If you offered the Clark board installed I would have it added to my order.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:29 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Immortal hobbies offer that service.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes if you want Clark boards then it will be best to purchase them from Immortal Hobbies. Curtis is the expert on Clark here in the US, I have yet to play with a Clark board so I am yet to gain experience with them.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats right iforgot.Would benice to get it OTB with upgraded electronics though. My hobby time is far limited to what it used to be so the more I can get done before hand the better for me.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Imex-Erik

Yea if you plan on doing a Clark board, I would just get the HL version and give Immortal a call
Old 12-02-2014, 09:12 AM
trackmech81

That's the plan. I already emailed you for one with just the gear upgrade. Cannot wait
Old 12-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by trackmech81
That's the plan. I already emailed you for one with just the gear upgrade. Cannot wait
No prob, updated it for you. I honestly can't wait until our version comes out Hopefully I get mine way ahead of time just like this one and the T34. Heck I still have the Chally2 sitting in its original box. I think it has been ran 2 or 3 times. I think I might paint it and turn it into a shelf queen....
Old 12-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Imex-Erik

Ok so I got an update on the container arrive date... It is looking to hit the port here in Tampa on the 19th if all goes well. Then we are hoping it will be released by Monday or Tuesday of the following week. I SHOULD (no promises there) be able to get out a decent number of them out, but it most likely will not arrive before Xmas unless you are in the FL area which gets next day delivery. However, our shipping is pretty darn fast and only takes about 2-4 days on average to arrive.
So it probably wont come on Xmas, but a day or two after. I will bust my butt to get them out asap to everyone though, I will promise that!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:48 AM
trackmech81

Sweet, I'm in Florida lol
Old 12-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Imex-Erik

Lucky you
Most all of our shipments going out to FL addresses get delivered on the next day as we have USPS/FedEx pickups daily and then we give them a swift kick in the rear each day as they leave! This is on our normal shipping rates too! We are usually pretty fast with shipping and repairs, nothing burns me more than a wait time!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Imex-Erik

Just btw, the tanks did come in today around 5:30pm today. We all had to chip in to get it unloaded quickly. I will get lots of pictures first thing in the morning, I'm even going in extra early just for it. I didn't get much more than a quick peak but it looks pretty good. The tracks from the Leopard might even fit but they do look a different. Lots of pictures tomorrow. A full breakdown will come either Wednesday or Monday. All Florida members make sure to email me just in case, I'll make sure you get bumped! Our shipping has not been effected yet and you should even get it before Xmas
Old 12-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to the pictures, will be interesting to see what they changed from the prototype version.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:58 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Sweet, I'm in Florida lol
Isn't that, in fact, the oldest city in the US? You should get an extra 5% off for that.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:15 AM
trackmech81

That's what the sign claims lol. I cannot wait and am ready for this
Old 12-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Augustus1967

Really looking forward to getting The Abrams as well...

As I have the Leo 2 as well with Plastic and Mato Metal Tracks I can have a Look See to see if they'll fit...
my Leo has been on Hold as I have been Covered Up with Christmas Stuff...
Also had Problems with the Sprockets wanting to Open Up and Throw Tracks...
But now I've gotten my Full Soldering Station Setup I'm thinking I'll Solder the Sprocket Halves Together...
Should Solve That particular Issue...

Hey Erik!
If you are Wondering What To Do with that Chally 2...
Send it to Spring, Texas... I'll be Happy to Paint It for ya...

-gus
Old 12-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Captain Nemo12
Looking forward to the pictures, will be interesting to see what they changed from the prototype version.
Check the other thread with bossman announcing the tanks have arrived, I posted some pictures there. There are a few changes, but mostly the same. The drive wheels changed a hair so now the Leopard tracks do not work well. They clank and just dont mesh well. Other than that there are a lot of accessories not installed like I previously got. The color is a bit darker as well. Other than that nothing big.
That's what the sign claims lol. I cannot wait and am ready for this
Yours is done my friend, should ship today
Originally Posted by Augustus1967
Really looking forward to getting The Abrams as well...

As I have the Leo 2 as well with Plastic and Mato Metal Tracks I can have a Look See to see if they'll fit...
my Leo has been on Hold as I have been Covered Up with Christmas Stuff...
Also had Problems with the Sprockets wanting to Open Up and Throw Tracks...
But now I've gotten my Full Soldering Station Setup I'm thinking I'll Solder the Sprocket Halves Together...
Should Solve That particular Issue...

Hey Erik!
If you are Wondering What To Do with that Chally 2...
Send it to Spring, Texas... I'll be Happy to Paint It for ya...

-gus
Hey do me a favor and slap on the Leo tracks on the stock sprockets. They look the same as the Leo's but the tracks just don't work well. They seem to jump a lot, I have to figure out why. I was going to install the drive wheels for the Leo to see if that would fix it but the mounting depth for the drive wheels is different as well. I do have some pretty SWEET Leo parts, hit me up if you need some replacements. The Leo tracks are some of the best tracks we have
Oh and on the Chally... you are going to have to try WAY harder than that I've had $1000+ offers on it since the day I first made a video on it. If it wasn't a gift that sucker would be gone! I'm surprised at what people would pay for a 1 off.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Oh and on the Chally... you are going to have to try WAY harder than that I've had $1000+ offers on it since the day I first made a video on it. If it wasn't a gift that sucker would be gone! I'm surprised at what people would pay for a 1 off.
And if he ever goes totally apespit and just gives it away ... well, I was one of his very first customers so you KNOW I'll have to play the seniority card.

Sorry, Gus, but all's fair in love and Challengers.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:25 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by maxu52
And if he ever goes totally apespit and just gives it away ... well, I was one of his very first customers so you KNOW I'll have to play the seniority card.

Sorry, Gus, but all's fair in love and Challengers.
Man if only you guys could take a walk upstairs here. Consider now we have been in business for around 40 years. Half of that is here in Florida. Now think of a model company and all the samples and preproduction units you would make while making a final product. Then combine that with knowing pretty much all the big wigs in the business and working with them... There is a whole room full of 1 off products from models to rc products. I found the 1/6th Sherman upstairs by accident! That thing will never get sold, he loves his toys
I'll be slow to respond today, I am working on fixing these Abrams before they go out. It is a lot of work for just myself to do it all Remember guys if you need me to call me today, that will be a much quicker way to get a hold of me.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:50 AM
trackmech81

Mine was delivered an hour ago.....Thanks for your support of the addiction err hobby
Old 12-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Imex-Erik

Mine was delivered an hour ago.....Thanks for your support of the addiction err hobby
NP I told you FL gets super fast delivery! That was our normal ship package too, no next day options.