Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

200 liter fuel drum question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

200 liter fuel drum question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 200 liter fuel drum question

Hey Guys, the 200 liter German fuel drums were stamped or embossed on the end with lettering, does anyone know if that was on both ends of the drum or only one? And if just one, was it on the same end as the bung holes or on the other end?
Old 12-15-2014, 10:43 AM
saber77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I don't know for sure but i would guess they where only on one end seeing how the drums would have bung caps
one end of drum and they would bung one the side center so the info tends to go where you fill or empty the drum
and it's a good Idea to have bungs on both ends of drums they might leek from a lose cap when store upright just
my thought from moving a lot of them around at work
Old 12-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

https://www.google.com/search?q=WW+I...H&ved=0CB8QsAQ

rex
Old 12-15-2014, 04:59 PM
Max-U52

Thanks, Rex. Wish they made that aber set in 1/16 scale. That one looks like they have lettering on both ends, but it's still hard to tell. Later when I'm not so beat I'll search the web for instructions to model kits that might show if they're putting lettering on both ends. Maybe the aber site will have it, but right now I'm whipped so I'm gonna eat a huge piece of German chocolate cake and take my sorry butt to the rack.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:45 PM
CHIEFSONN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gary from what I have seen is one side had the top stamped, and with that only a few having the bung hole on the stamped end. & with all the drums having the bung hole located on the side in the centers between the large rings wrapping around the drums.my guess for the rings being that large was for easy rolling and to protect the bung hole and to preventing any damage there to.

Last edited by CHIEFSONN; 12-15-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:43 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

etoarmor has them for some years. Here's the link, 1/16.

http://www.etoarmour.com/product_det...oductID=ZUH02A
Old 12-16-2014, 03:44 AM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by sevoblast
etoarmor has them for some years. Here's the link, 1/16.

http://www.etoarmour.com/product_det...oductID=ZUH02A
So those are only supposed to go on one end of the drum? I might try those out.

Wayne, I think you're right about the rings. Can't think of any other reason for them to be that big.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:28 AM
sevoblast

Correct, they go on one end normally. We have several drums at Battery Museum and all have the embossed information on one end only.

You are correct on the rings, they are for ease of rolling and to protect the bung.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:39 AM
Max-U52

Thanks a lot for the info. I'm trying to order a set from ETO but they have a different checkout system. When I got to checkout they asked for my email and said they'd get back to me. I still don't know if they take paypal, but if they do I'll get a set of these and if they're as good as they look I may see what they can do for me on a bulk purchase. And thanks to my buddy Wayne because his generosity is funding the purchase of the sample end caps.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:44 AM
Max-U52

OK ... DOH! ... Feelin' kinda stupid because I just now caught the part about how you're the owner of ETO armor. Sooo, Mr. Sevoblast, I'll take one set.

Also, I tried to search by part number at your website and all I got was a big long list of products that I had to hunt through to find what I was looking for. And what happened to ZUH02? Those aren't listed anywhere that I can find. Out of stock, maybe? ZUH02a is there, and it mentions the drums but I can't seem to find them.

And one last thing, Do you take paypal? Thanks in advance,

Max/Gary
Old 12-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Here's some examples

a pre war version:
http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeige...034?ref=search

A later version

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeige...137?ref=search
Old 12-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Max-U52

Update: couldn't get any answer from ETO armor or Commander Bob so I ordered them (the end caps) off evilbay and now we'll see what happens.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:58 PM
sevoblast

Never got an email from you, Maxu. I posted the link for you. Let me know what you think when your ebay parts arrive.

Part is listed in the 'accessories' section of my sight.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Max-U52

I went to your site, added the piece to the cart, went to checkout, filled in my email and what not, and that was the last I heard. I also tried to call commander bob several times but got his voice mail and the memory was full so I couldn't leave a message. I also sent him a PM here on the site but still haven't heard back.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:05 PM
sevoblast

Sight has been acting up lately, my guru was in it big time last week, but today I got an order through the sight. What day did you do the order? I'll get the the guru again. If needs be we'll change servers.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Max-U52

It was either Monday or Tuesday. The caps I have coming are resin so maybe later when the budget allows I'll try your site again for the photo etched set.

EDIT: I checked on that and it was Tuesday. I ordered the resin caps last night.

Last edited by Max-U52; 12-18-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:51 PM
sevoblast

Interesting. My guru is still checking the sight, but I've gotten two orders from that time frame. Oh well, doesn't matter as long as you get what you want.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:17 AM
Max-U52

I think I have to disagree with that, Robert. While I do think it's important that I get what I want I don't agree that it's all that matters. In this hobby I think we need to develop a two-way street between vendors and tankers so I greatly appreciate the fact that you're looking into this and communicating your findings here on the forum. I think what matters is that BOTH tankers and vendors get what they want, and your actions here have convinced me that you are a vendor I want to have a future relationship with. With some regular vendor off ebay, if this had happened I'd have just written them off, but since you are a tanker and forum member I'll still order from you and I'll do whatever I can to get things sorted out so I can more easily place orders.

Also, I'm a bit worried about Commander Bob. It's not like him to fail to reply to calls and messages. Is everything OK with him? Maybe he's just out of town? If you talk to him please ask him to give me a call. I should be ready to try again on the PE end caps in about a week. Just need a few more overtime hours.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:29 AM
sevoblast

Haven't heard from Bob myself but I'm sure I would hear of anything was wrong.

Sorry for the delay in replying, electric has been off all day excepting for an hour while we watched the air show from our balcony, Being outside we did not hear the 'alarm' telling us city electric had come on. Bu the time we went in after the show, it was back off again. Some bright light moved the 'net node to our side of the ditch couple weeks ago and doesn't understand the word 'generator'. They are doing massive rebuild and upgrade to the electrical grid all over town but our little village on the north side is getting some pretty intense treatment. Problem is when the electric is down, unlike in the past when the 'net would still work, now it don't. We have a generator, I think literally the only one on our side, but no city electric and no 'net.

I appreciate your faith in me, Bob and ETO. With all the electric on and off the last couple weeks plus having the sight hacked twice in the last month (new server coming) I know some orders have been lost in the ether. If ever I do not reply within 24 hours to an email or an order, please email me. For those of you who have ordered from me you know the email. Anyone on this sight can send an email through the message links.