Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Je suis Charlie

Old 01-14-2015, 04:12 AM
CaptainB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a shame we can't all just live in peace and Harmony - I guess it's just human nature to want to dominate others with a particular ideology - God - whichever one that is must have a strange sense of humour. We wont solve it here so lets get back to discussing RC tanks and carry on being friends!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 04:29 AM
mondo

That's it. People tend to forget we're all human, we're all the same underneath. Just imagine a world where we all get along, without distractions with afterlives or worrying about protecting invisible boundries. We'd probably be doing something much more interesting like exploring space.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:36 AM
CaptainB

Yep - if all that wasted energy was translated into a common human endeavour like space exploration, we would probably have colonised Mars by now or cured all types of Cancer!!!!! - we can only live in hope.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:36 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

BNP may have a presence in Kent and parts of Yorkshire but the rest on England there influence is nothing, I originate from the North West, the town I’m from had few immigrants until Labour came to power now they have had EDL though few in number, I also lived in Nottingham for 10 years, BNP and no doubt EDL had a small presence in the small ex mining towns to the north, for the last 12 months I now live in Solihull, no one has mentioned EDL or BNP though we have been told of a number of areas not to go to because of Asian gangs I have no reason to go to these areas so have no idea if it’s true what is true are the schools within 1 mile of my house that are in the Trojan enquiry as Hitler and various other dictators have proven indoctrinate them young, so called far right groups in Brittan have never and will never be a serious threat.
British politics has been flat for many years and desperately needs a good shaking up and this is exactly what Farage is doing like I said I don’t vote UKIP but they will make significant gains in the election but red Ed and Cameron won’t understand why
Old 01-14-2015, 08:16 AM
mondo

Well Farage and UKIP is far right and I feel very threatened by him. I truly fear what would happen if him and his banker cronies get their way. I don't fear any of the other parties, I can live with their politics but I fear him and the fears and ignorance he preys on to get votes. He'll bury Britain financially if he gets his way and those suckered in by the anecdotes and lies he tells will be to blame. I fear for my job as well given I work for a London based French company (note pays taxes in the UK and all the staff pay UK taxes and all our business is taken out of France. 10's of millions of French Euros put into our economy). If Farage does what he says, they'd move to Amsterdam.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:44 AM
CaptainB

Well, I do think UKIP have an appeal since all the other parties have lied and cheated their way through for as long as I can remember and that's a good few decades. UKIP are offering a fresh start. particularly with europe - a big drain on our country and I look forward to their success. does'nt mean we have to fall out and people wont want to
do business with us. Just be nice to be in control of our own destiny. Nuff said...........lets talk RC tanks!!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 08:46 AM
ma_mulcahy

"It's not my job to judge these people. That is God's job. My job is to arrange the meeting."
-Denzel Washington (in character)
Old 01-14-2015, 08:51 AM
mondo

All politicians lie and cheat. It goes with the territory. The only people fit to run a country are those who don't want to because they realise the sheer responsibility of the task.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

"Just imagine a world where we all get along......."

You know it's a great thought but if it had happened when it should have - thousands of years ago I doubt there would be any tank forum today.....

Jerry
Old 01-14-2015, 09:43 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing is sacred, if you are offended because someone verbally attacks your beliefs, it is because what you are defending is a lie and deep down you known it. I am not sure about much, but I have no beliefs to defend, reality does quite well without me and nothing you say will alter it.

We can question EVERYTHING, or give in to Bronze Age mythology. Pick your world...
Old 01-14-2015, 02:51 PM
rivetcounter

Captain, UKIP are a breath of fresh air and do appeal to people from all aspects of politics the problem for me is I’m Pro-Europe this is where we clash.
Jerry you paint a very sad world just imagine we may all be on a tractor forum worse still stamp collecting I believe they have some heated debates there .

Dionysusbaccus I have just read your moto "Don't believe everything you read on the internet"--Abraham Lincoln. Tell me did you write this yourself, it made me laugh ones bollocks off
Old 01-17-2015, 02:34 AM
wsn123

I’m not Charlie . . . I’m Maurice Sinet, fired by Charlie for anti-semitism
http://shareverything.com/2015/01/14...anti-semitism/

“To learn who rules over you, simply learn who you are not allowed to criticize.” French philosopher Voltaire
Old 01-17-2015, 02:56 AM
wsn123

Charlie Hebdo : le Grand Orient salue les rédacteurs francs-maçons
http://www.medias-presse.info/charli...s-macons/22769
Old 01-17-2015, 03:37 AM
rivetcounter

Thanks for the posts WSN some interesting stuff there.

Let us also the swift actions of our Kameraden in Belgium who have recently foiled a large attack on their country fortunately in this incidence it was the fanatics who perished
Old 01-17-2015, 05:23 AM
wright 971

Only one thing to say
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

regards pete

Old 01-18-2015, 12:06 AM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wsn123
I’m not Charlie . . . I’m Maurice Sinet, fired by Charlie for anti-semitism
Big difference between firing someone, and firing ON someone - losing your job vs losing your life.

In the US people have a right to free speech. There is no right to be paid for it. Employers can fire you for thing that you say. Not sure what the rules are in France.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:10 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 139 Likes on 118 Posts

[QUOTE=wsn123;11963276]I’m not Charlie . . . I’m Maurice Sinet, fired by Charlie for anti-semitism
http://shareverything.com/2015/01/14...anti-semitism/

That's strange. Wasn't there a cover of Charlie Hebdo showing an orthodox Jew pushing a Moslem in a wheelchair under the title, "Intouchables 2" with the text, "Faut pas se moquer" ? My French is hardly fluent but I believe it means, "It's a mistake to mock us."
Old 01-18-2015, 07:45 AM
wsn123

The result of the next Charlie provocation in Niger - five people died and 45 were injured
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...econd-day.html

http://www.smh.com.au/world/five-kil...17-12slrr.html

"Niamey’s biggest Protestant church was ransacked and set ablaze while about 20 other churches and places of worship were burned, the Paris-based broadcaster said. About a hundred riot police surrounded the Catholic cathedral to protect the building."

Who benefits from this?

Last edited by wsn123; 01-18-2015 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:01 AM
wsn123

"Big difference between firing someone, and firing ON someone - losing your job vs losing your life."

The example with fired Maurice Sinet showing Charlie hypocrisy only - freedom of speech? always?

Hypocrisy - is the claim or pretense of holding beliefs, feelings, standards, qualities, opinions, behaviors, virtues, motivations, or other characteristics that one does not actually hold. It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

"freedom of speech"? but not for all
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...-is-a-sin.html

http://www.christianheadlines.com/co...w-1277601.html

Last edited by wsn123; 01-18-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:05 AM
rivetcounter

If you are going to talk about hypocrisy then you should also include recent comments by the Pope and the Catholic Church.