Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

ETO and Daryl Turner

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 10:21 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default ETO and Daryl Turner

ETO will now be stocked and shipped for the time being by my long standing friend Daryl Turner. With Bob Held's steadily increasing work load since he 'retired' only to be called back in to work immediately with an increased work schedule, he no longer has the time to ship for ETO. I wish to thank Bob for his efforts on behalf of ETO.

After Bob and I talked about the situation this past weekend Bob said he would have the stock to Daryl rapidly, hopefully by this weekend. Daryl is primed and ready to ship both new orders and the few backlogged orders in the system.

Daryl and I go way back in our mutual hobby, almost to the very beginning when the Tiger 1 was introduced with the excellent electronics that started it all. It was Daryl who designed and built the all the transmission braces for the Tamiya tanks, the spring loaded idler systems, the Panther barrel sleeve to solve the barrel wobble in the earliest Tamiya Panthers and a host of other parts. I have often called him our 'resident genius' on this forum and that statement is not a compliment, it is simply truth.

I will keep everyone in the loop during this transition and Daryl and I are looking forward to a mutual working relationship.

Sev
Old 02-08-2015, 11:45 AM
sevoblast

ETO will have to shut down for a few days. No payments will be taken for orders originating from today, 08 February, until the stock is transfered from the old facility to Daryl. As of Saturday evening, 07 February, nothing has arrived to Daryl.

This shutdown does not include the new ETO transmissions and KT turned aluminum wheels. Transmissions are shipped from Moscow and sets of the wheels can be shipped from here also.

Last edited by sevoblast; 02-09-2015 at 05:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:59 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does that mean that we'll see more of Daryl's work on ETO?
Old 02-08-2015, 08:35 PM
sevoblast

A lot of Daryl's work is custom. I've had his transmission plates, idlers and other items on the ETO sight for years.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:45 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen those on the site, but it seemed like the range of products was much larger. Didn't realize that most of them were custom for specific applications.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:00 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to thank Daryl for taking over the ETO shipping. I was very lucky and happy to assist Bob at ETO in his hour of need last year. It was great working with Bob at ETO and working with so many fine customers. The product line is of the highest quality. See what the buzz is about here: http://www.etoarmour.com/ Now after seeing the ETO transmissions come to fruition I am sure he will need even more help. These ETO TUs are damned near indestructible. I have not be able to break mine yet. I am sure our mutual buddy Daryl will be VERY busy with these. I know he will do just fine. I just don't have the spare time that ETO needs and still do my website and run NEAD. I am working with another police department and my own rctankcommand.com website has really taken off. http://www.rctankcommand.com/ FYI.... I cannot accept any new work or customers until after the March Danville event (3-20-15), Sorry.

Thanks Bob for calling on me and great luck with the new TU line, Bob Held NEAD rctankcommand.com
Old 02-15-2015, 05:57 AM
sevoblast

A big thank you to the commander, he was there and helped a great deal.

Stock is arriving to Daryl and already two orders have gone out. We hope to have all back to normal by this Friday. Daryl will be shipping all the waiting orders as soon as the parts for a particular order arrive.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:29 AM
sevoblast

Etoarmor is up an running again with excellent efficiency. Daryl has gotten almost all the stock now, just some items to pick up from Bob in March in Danville. We have completed the inventory. All 17 backlogged orders are shipped. I get the tracking numbers automatically. ETO is back to normal, orders out in 3 days or less. Stock orders for Schumo, HennTec and the black long cans are in process and will be shipped to Daryl within a week or so. All is looking good.