Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

NEAD will be hosting the RC tank events HUGE WRAM show next weekend in north Jersey

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

NEAD will be hosting the RC tank events HUGE WRAM show next weekend in north Jersey

Old 03-04-2015, 05:28 AM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Enjoy these events guys, they are great for recruiting, great for making connections, fun for the members, and a good excuse to wring out those machines. Growing the hobby is the best thing we can offer future tankers.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:39 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm glad you had a good time! I knew it would be a great idea! We did fairly well at the show even considering the weather and as you seen Bob the crowds were swamping the both of us all weekend! It was funny to see more people looking and playing with tanks than most of the models there I was especially happy to outgun the flying section too, last year they were very popular but this year I feel we stole all the fame!
Next year will be much better, we will have new tanks and hopefully I'll be able to stop by a lot more than I did. I was running from vendor to vendor in my free time checking up on people and saying hello to other contacts. You never know what or who you will meet at these shows! There is always a great deal or two I find and I spread the word like wildfire. This year was the awesome self healing cutting mats. I must of bought at least 10-15 for IMEX and some of our vendors! I hope you like those Bob, I should stocked up on a bunch more!
If all goes as planned I should be able to bring much more fun to the next show I am already planning....
Old 03-25-2015, 11:40 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it has been a busy couple of weeks for both me and NEAD since the WRAM show. Several NEAD guys have just returned from the AAF Tank Mus. battle this past weekend hosted by ACE. NEAD and I were invited to the WRAM show to promote the RC tank hobby and that goal was attained. Bill and Erik at IMEX sold many tanks and I just learned that Karen at the AAF Tank Mus also sold several new Tamiya tank kits to NJ area RC fliers. Seems they enjoyed battling the RC tanks at the WRAM show and now want to try RC tank battle. Promotion of our RC tank hobby and mutual support is critical to its overall success. New tankers must be made welcome and interact with gentlemen. I know the 225 or so tank test drives we gave were well enjoyed. I know I enjoyed it.

The RC tank display table was very popular with the both young and grown up kids. Leong spent hours answering questions at that table. I bet we could have passed him off as Mr. Tamiya. I intentionally set-up that table at an increased height so little hands couldn't touch the more fragile tank parts. It also put the highly detailed parts at a advantageous eye level for easy viewing. I am very happy to state that nothing was broken or disappeared during those 3 days. I also had a display of ETOarmour.com custom tank parts like I had at past Danville events at WRAM. The new gearboxes were on display too.... to be compared to the stock Tamiya and HL units. I know my website http://www.rctankcommand.com/ has been very busy ever since. I will be converting 3 Taigen tanks (two t-34s and one M4 Sherman) to full option Tamiya battle tanks.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150222_153746_116.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	931.7 KB
ID:	2084228   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150222_153757_383.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	2084229   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150222_171204_175.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	2084230   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150222_171211_470.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	2084231   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150220_114537_242.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1,017.4 KB
ID:	2084232  

Last edited by thecommander; 03-25-2015 at 11:54 PM.