Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Immortal Hobbies???

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 09:54 PM
bhop73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanque
Wow. I'm glad I no longer attempt to sell to this market.

I remember sending out small pamphlets for Maier's 1/10 Panther in the early 80s. The cost? In the beginning simply a self addressed stamped envelope....etc.
Ok.. Hobby electronics cost more than a self addressed stamped envelope. I don't think it's excessive or even out of the question to expect AT THE LEAST some communication after payment has been made. For me, it's been a week and a half since I handed over my cash. Others above seem to have waited longer with nothing. Can you honestly say with a straight face that if you handed someone $100+ for a product and didn't hear a word from them for a week and a half you wouldn't be concerned? C'mon.. i'd guess that even Freakydude would feel the same way if he were purchasing something from a stranger on the internet.

I realize that this is a side thing, family comes first, etc. and personally speaking, I feel if i'm given a reasonable explanation as to what takes so long, then I don't mind the wait, but without any contact whatsoever i'm just left to guess what's going on.

All most of us seem to be asking for is some communication so we can make our hobby plans. Is he sick again? Need a little more time because of work? Have to order the parts? Problems with shipping? Ok.. just let me know and i'll work on a different project while I wait.

Communication is a huge part of successful business...just sayin'..
Old 03-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

ok i have a storey

i ordered a bunch of servos from Hobby King i waited like at lest 3 weeks and the darn tracking still said it was in Malaysia i was like WHAT! what is going on well sent them an email they said they get back to me
i said well i like to just get my money back they said it would take 2 months to investigate...WHAT!!! again
so project on hold ....Sigh!
anyways i says just send me another order in its place if the other shipment comes in ill either send it back or pay for them

nope have to wait 2 months

so i waited 2 months they sent my money back so i re-ordered got them in like a week seriously!!!

4 months goes by guess what shows up in a bent up box ...LMAO my first order ...so true to my word i let them know and paid for them

so things happen guys and i would order from Hobby King again just that t h i n g s happen
Old 03-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

No disrespect intended but a week and a half? Seriously? Dude, don't ever buy anything directly from overseas....the wait times may well make you catatonic.

You're well within your rights to get worried, mad, fuzzed up or whatever non-harmful reaction is your choice but if you want instant reaction
to things confine your purchases to the local shop...

This all said it would have preempted and speculation if the proprietor had posted a general information blurb on his website that said there may be delays due to 'X';
not condoning what the fellow did/does but sometimes there more than meets the eye.

Jerry
Old 03-17-2015, 12:24 PM
bhop73

No disrespect intended but a week and a half? Seriously? Dude, don't ever buy anything directly from overseas....the wait times may well make you catatonic.

You're well within your rights to get worried, mad, fuzzed up or whatever non-harmful reaction is your choice but if you want instant reaction
to things confine your purchases to the local shop...

This all said it would have preempted and speculation if the proprietor had posted a general information blurb on his website that said there may be delays due to 'X';
not condoning what the fellow did/does but sometimes there more than meets the eye.

Jerry
I've bought stuff from overseas many times. The seller ALWAYS CONTACTS ME AFTER THE INITIAL TRANSACTION WITH UPDATES!. How do people keep missing this part? AND.. not that I expect it to, but it almost always arrives within two weeks.

Instant reactions? An email stating updates, or, god forbid, answers to emails within a two week span isn't something you guys expect? What time are you guys living in?

It's not like i'm expecting shipped items right away, especially considering he's in Canada and i'm in the US, just want to know what's going on.

Last edited by bhop73; 03-17-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Tanque

Originally Posted by bhop73
I've bought stuff from overseas many times. The seller ALWAYS CONTACTS ME AFTER THE INITIAL TRANSACTION WITH UPDATES!. How do people keep missing this part? AND.. not that I expect it to, but it almost always arrives within two weeks.

Instant reactions? An email stating updates, or, god forbid, answers to emails within a two week span isn't something you guys expect? What time are you guys living in?

It's not like i'm expecting shipped items right away, especially considering he's in Canada and i'm in the US, just want to know what's going on.

Well then I guess there's no other explanation... you're attached to the situation by an inclined plane wrapped helically around its axis...

Jerry
Old 03-17-2015, 01:17 PM
bhop73

Well then I guess there's no other explanation... you're attached to the situation by an inclined plane wrapped helically around its axis...

Jerry
Heh.. well, at this point i've decided just to wait it out. Maybe he is having some personal issues, dunno. Either way, I pre-ordered a TK22 board for my Panther from a different vendor that's not due to arrive to him for around 10 days or so, and then to me. We'll see which gets here first I guess.. it'll be a fun game.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:47 PM
tdipaul

Originally Posted by bhop73

Well said.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:53 PM
tdipaul

Jerry
quite the comedian
Old 03-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Tanque

Originally Posted by tdipaul
quite the comedian
Hey, before things degrade I'll always resort to humor. I hope everyone involved comes out whole, without financial loss on the other side.

Jerry
Old 03-19-2015, 06:48 AM
strippersteel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm seeing this late but I've dealt with Curtis numerous times and every time he was great. A few months ago I bought a Taigen KV2 from him and had him paint it and install a clark board. He kept me extremely well informed and always responded to my questions very fast. I see some of you all might have had a few problems with him but that was not the case with me. I like Curtis and would not hesitate to deal with him again.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:29 AM
bhop73

Originally Posted by strippersteel
I'm seeing this late but I've dealt with Curtis numerous times and every time he was great. A few months ago I bought a Taigen KV2 from him and had him paint it and install a clark board. He kept me extremely well informed and always responded to my questions very fast. I see some of you all might have had a few problems with him but that was not the case with me. I like Curtis and would not hesitate to deal with him again.
It's just strange how it's so inconsistent. I honestly do hope he's ok. (still no word)
Old 03-19-2015, 08:13 AM
tdipaul

Update:

Last night I received a tracking confirmation email.

Coincidentally, this is the night before Paypal was going to yank the money back.

I do hope a proper (and functioning) TK-22 is on its way.

Will report back soon.

Last edited by tdipaul; 03-19-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Shorty54

Im still waiting for a Sherman TK22 and Sony Remote, paid for on 1-21-15.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:14 PM
tdipaul

Originally Posted by Shorty54
Damn this is just wrong.

Last edited by tdipaul; 03-19-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:26 PM
Tanque

Originally Posted by Shorty54
Yes, I'd have to agree; that's far too long. I wouldn't be very happy either.
Hopefully it will be resolved properly

Jerry
Old 03-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Shorty54

Maybe there is an issue with the supplier. I ordered from another US vendor last week and received my Sherman board 4 days later. When/if I receive mine from Immortal, I guess I will have a spare US TK22 and Remote. I suppose then I will have to buy another US tank??
Old 03-21-2015, 10:51 AM
scottlarson925
My Feedback: (2)

Absolutely no disrespect to Curtis whatsoever but...I inquired about an electronics upgrade package several weeks ago and have heard nothing. I was starting to think that my store-site email had been lost somehow but then I read this. I subsequently found out about rctanksofokc and have since ordered from Nathan and it's on it's way, all in one day. Now I haven't got it yet mind you but time will tell. I may have found my new fave supplier...
Old 03-22-2015, 06:34 AM
Tanker 10

We all need to start asking the question "is it in stock and are you ready to ship" if no is the answer, I'm going somewhere else unless they start paying me interest on my money that's sitting in their account.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:28 AM
DirtyBird69

Ive done lots of business with Nathan..he's definitely "on the job"..great guy to work with!
Old 03-22-2015, 10:57 AM
tdipaul

Originally Posted by DirtyBird69
Ive done lots of business with Nathan..he's definitely "on the job"..great guy to work with!
will try him out

Last edited by tdipaul; 03-22-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:53 PM
bhop73

Originally Posted by raceeng18
We all need to start asking the question "is it in stock and are you ready to ship" if no is the answer, I'm going somewhere else unless they start paying me interest on my money that's sitting in their account.
His site has in stock and out of stock listed under each item, so i'd assume if you're able to order it, it should be in stock.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:25 PM
scottlarson925

Man, I wish that were true! Unless I've got a warm body on the other end of the phone (or keyboard) giving me assurances, I don't believe too much a website has to say...just sayin'!
Old 05-13-2015, 07:20 AM
Shorty54

Just wondering if anyone has talked to Freaky, Curtis, Immortal, as of lately?
I have sent PMs and emailed him from his site and have heard nothing. Im
out 1 TK22 that I paid for and have heard nothing back. Im may be different than
others, as Im not mad, life is too short, but I would like to find out what happened?
Maybe get my TK22 or a refund, or maybe credit towards something else. He was very
good to me when I first inquired about Tanking and I did get my other 2 TK22 from him.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:25 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I hope he is OK.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:27 PM
scottlarson925

Not to sound too buzzkill, but I'm kinda thinkin' he has departed this sweet earth. I had e-mailed him multiple times regarding the purchase of a Clark Board with a bound receiver/transmitter combo and have heard nothin', notta, zip...If not dead, it's just poor business practice, not to mention just plain rude! I took my biz to Nathan with RC Tanks of OKC and he has been fabulous to do business with, thanks Nathan!! RIP Curtis...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.