Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

PC Tank Simulators/Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 06:56 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cicerokid
OK--after advice I signed up on WOT. Took hours to get everything loaded. Played for first time today. Lots of fun and lots to learn. A few basic pointers would be appreciated. Should I attack or hand back? Should I go with light or med tanks? Any tips appreciated.
Read the WOT forums for detailed advice but here's a few basic tips.

1. Don't rush through the tiers just to get a bigger and better tank. Take your time, learn the game and train your crews.
2. Spotting is key and as a new player your crews are almost blind, so never rush off. Even in low tier battles you'll find yourself up against players with fully equipped tanks and crews with lots of skills perks.
3. When you die then change camera view so you can watch how other players play (even after almost 40k games I still do that when I see someone doing well).
4. If you're not going to buy a T8 premium tank then find a couple of T5-6 credit farmers that suit your style and keep them.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:55 PM
bananapirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darkest Hour is soooo immersive
Old 03-24-2015, 12:58 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

[h=2][sim] world war two online: battleground europe[/h]
Hey guys, when world of tanks came out there seemed to be quite a lot of intrest in it from this forum. Now I apologise if this has already been posted about on here but I think this would be of intrest to a good many people on here. WWIIONLINE is a combination of tank and flight sim and fps all set in a persistent world. Basically it provided a blank canvas for some excellent combined arms fighting with other like minded people from around the world. I used to be in a squad where we had up to 60 people online on voice comms all being coordinated together. The sight of 20+ panzers advancing whilst being covered by infantry is a sight to behold! I'm guessing most people will be interested in the armor game so I'll try and give a brief overview. WWIIONLINE models a great many of the early to mid war tanks from the German British french and soon American side. The French are modelled as if they had not ended up capitulating ad recived lend lease equipment off the Americans later as the game progresses.
The campaign is divided into different tiers each with new avalible equipment. The campaign starts in tier 0 which is based on the battle of France so pzii/iii/iv eary models pz38t and the stug3b. Britains has access to the a13, Matilda 2 and the vickers mk iv tankette. The French have the s35, char2b and other less effective models. Latter tiers add the tiger, shermans , m10 churchills crusaders etc giving a large array of armor to be fielded.

Within the campaign the aim is to capture the enemies towns so these and their surrounding countryside is where most of the action takes place. High command is played controlled and is in charge of movement of each sides troops (this takes the form of brigades which have their own supply of troops tanks atgs etc). Within the campaign map breakouts encirclments etc can form leading to so very intresting gameplay.

Tanks within the game assume their natural role of killing other tanks and atgs whilst supporting advancing infantry. However tanks are very vulnerable whilst unsupported much like real life and there is a rather steep learning curve involved when learning the ins and outs of the game.

The gfx of the game aren't upto the levels of battlefield 3 et al but all the tanks are well modelled with 3d interiors unique to each tank.

I could go on but the best thing to do if you like the sound of this is to check out the free trial at www.wwiionline.com and get playing! If you need any more info don't hesitate to pm with questions or post here. My ingame handle is wiking2 if you need any help in game. I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

Old 03-24-2015, 12:59 AM
tomhugill

[h=2]RE: [sim] world war two online: battleground europe[/h]
Further more here is a link to what they say about the game:http://wwiionline.com/index.php/abou...game/game-infoand some screenshots:

Old 03-24-2015, 05:16 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Seems legit. I'll download it this weekend and have a go.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:39 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bananapirate
Darkest Hour is soooo immersive

Yes I found this style of game play much better the WOT for my personal preference. The infantry angle to it, as well as the fact you can bail on a doomed tank and fight along side infantry, made the campaign that much more fun. None of the red outline stuff either.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:53 AM
tomhugill

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Seems legit. I'll download it this weekend and have a go.
If you give me a poke when you do I'll be more than happy to run you through the basics. They've inproved the new player experience no end but it can still be a bit daunting my in game handle will be wiking2 or tomhu
Old 03-24-2015, 06:45 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhugill
If you give me a poke when you do I'll be more than happy to run you through the basics. They've inproved the new player experience no end but it can still be a bit daunting my in game handle will be wiking2 or tomhu
I'm no newbie to gaming, shouldnt be that difficult. I do use a 38 button mouse after all The GF and I used to play competitive MMO PVP for a while and even some FPS. We both have mechanical keyboards, multiple screens, and I even have foot pedals for extra keys I usually play very late at night on the weekends, around 9pm-3am or so. I've been taking a rest from gaming for the last few months waiting for some good ones to come out, H1Z1 is awesome, but GTA5 is very close to release hehe.

Edit: I guess you call it a 19 button mouse, but with a shift key on the mouse to double all the buttons. I call that 38