Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Introducing the potemkin village

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Introducing the potemkin village

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 04:41 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Introducing the potemkin village

The Combat Engineer Platoon of the Western Slope Division (WSD) has developed a portable, easy to store, set of buildings in 1/16 scale for RC tank battles. There are currently three models prototyped. Each model comes with outbuildings, a shed or an outhouse, and all door and window shapes are pre-cut to save time and fingers. All models come unpainted, ready to assemble, with no tools required. The WSD is taking several sets to the DAK battle in Phoenix for live fire testing this coming weekend. Currently a farmhouse, a barn, and a flat roof desert dwelling have been developed as prototypes. Cost per unit is still being worked out, but should be in the $10 to $20 range with discounts available for quantity orders. All models fold flat for storage and transport, but can be used as a tote box when assembled. Window and door cut-outs are included and can be used as architectural features when customized by the end user. Made in USA

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2631.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	4.59 MB
ID:	2083710   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2636.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	2083711   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2633.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	2083712   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2643.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	3.72 MB
ID:	2083713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2645.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	2083714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2652.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	2083715   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2655.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	4.48 MB
ID:	2083716   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2609a.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	2083717  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2619.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	2083718   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2616.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	2083719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2582.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	2083720   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2584.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	2083721  
Old 03-24-2015, 01:53 AM
Jussek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is almost exactly the same way we thought to 'populate' our club's scenary village! i find this a relatively easy and quick way to do it,

good idea mate

best regards
Old 03-24-2015, 02:43 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

They look very good. What are they made of, and are they waterproof? In some of the photos they look like they may be cardboard.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:38 AM
Tanker 10

Great idea, let us know when and where to purchase.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:57 AM
Pah co chu puk

Good morning guys. Yes they are cardboard. They are not waterproof though. I am in the process of setting up a business to make and sell them. I can scale them up or down to work with model RR layouts too. I do not know how well they will work in the real world so I am taking a bunch to Arizona to the DAK battle this weekend to test them. The folks down there should be able to give their impressions of how good they will be to play with. I still have lots of details to work out business wise before I can sell them. I need to have at least 1000 made to keep the cost reasonable so I am just in the testing phase right now. Today I am taking some to my local hobby shop to show and discuss marketing. I have ideas for more models but for now these will be enough for testing.

The idea sprang up from my friend Andy and I meeting in the mountains between our houses and having tank battles. We thought it would be cool to have a portable village to battle in but having enough buildings to make a small village filled up a whole pick up truck. Now we can set up a decent sized village that all fits in the back seat of a car. I picture these as being good for tankers who meet in parks for battles and want a village but do not want to tow a trailer to transport the houses. If 10 guys got together and all of them had two of these it would make a town with streets to fight over. Urban fighting in a grassy park for low cost and easy transport. When everyone went home these would all fit under a bed for storage.

Check out the DAK web page next week to see how they perform in real battle conditions.

http://www.desertarmor.com/DAK2/DAK_HOME.html

Last edited by Pah co chu puk; 03-24-2015 at 04:01 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:09 AM
Jussek

yep, the same idea ocurred to us

in our case the type of joining the parts would be a bit different, and the base has to be made of some sort of material with weight so the wind will not made them to fly easely.

good luck in this project mate

best regards
Old 03-24-2015, 12:08 PM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

How do you prevent a gust of wind from blowing the building away - does it include a floor so you could weigh the whole thing down with rocks?
Old 03-24-2015, 05:44 PM
Pah co chu puk

Yes, they have a floor, all of them except the outhouse of course. I use rocks or spare batteries to hold them in wind.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:44 AM
CHIEFSONN

Very nice,I like what you have done, to secure them from heavy winds you can also use some thing like a tent stake. good luck with your sales.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:00 PM
Pah co chu puk

i took them to the DAK battle in Arizona last weekend and they were a big hit. I set out some as a small village to battle in and see how they worked. Over all they did great! I think one roof got knocked off by a tank crashing into the house... but that is kind of real isn't it?

I put rocks in them to keep them in place and it seemed to work well. We had a small village to maneuver in adding nicely to the battle experience. They seemed to be popular, I sold most of them and got orders for some too, so now I need to get more of them and develop the idea to the next level. I got some great feedback from the DAK folks on how to improve the basic idea to make it work and look better. Thank you guys, and gal, for all your input. It was a very fun day and I learned a lot.

I don't have a web page set up for them yet and can't take orders till I get this organised as a real business, but getting to play with them at DAK was fun. It felt good being able to show up to battle with those guys and have a whole village in my arms for everyone to enjoy.