Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Launching Tk60

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Ditto on the memory. Most days I'm lucky if I can remember my name.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:59 AM
clarkmodel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Max-U52
That would be cool, the ability to program with the remote but still have a USB connection. If you ask me (yeah, I know, nobody did) all boards should have a USB port, just so you can download future changes or updates via PC. All the RCTA boards have that capability, and it's a pretty good feature. You have to get a programming cable, but just once and the same cable fits all the RCTA boards. Then you just plug it in and download away.

So which is it, Clark? Will it be Sony remote programming ONLY or will the board also have another method of programming?

Another question - will the TK60 be TRUE plug and play or will we have to modify the tanks when it's installed like the TK22?
TK60 have two programming channel, SONY and USB( actually serial to USB), SONY for small number of changes, USB for bulk battle data file and sound file transfer.

Still have to modify the tanks like Tk22, because there no way to have separate barrel up and down control with original wiring in HengLong or Taigen airsoft Tank. it sounds unreasonable to me that customer spend $249 but still to use one direction barrel elevation control.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:22 AM
Max-U52

That sounds excellent! The USB addition is a terrific move.

The modifications were a bit difficult for me the first time, but that was mainly because trying to find instructions for airsoft was a bit confusing. There's so much info out there it can be a chore to get it all sorted out. However, now that I've done my first tank with a Clark board it will be MUCH easier from here on. Now that I know what to do I can probably install a clark board for airsoft in less than a half hour, and that includes giving the soldering iron time to warm up. I think it will also be easier for other first time buyers because of Erik's videos. Those really answer the questions much better than anything else I've found. So now that I have all the info I need all I have to do is buy some more boards and get to work. Hmmm, I think a TK22 will fit real nice in my Tauchpanzer.

That reminds me, what's the size of the TK60? The TK22 is about 50x60mm (a very rough estimate), so how big is the TK60? From the drawing I'm guessing about 50x75mm?
Old 03-28-2015, 07:17 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The decision to go with Tank Battle files to download like sound files will be a great step forward, and allow users and clubs to finally get a process in place to quickly set up games on the Battlefield. Every tank can have a file built as per club rules.

So for an example.

Tank battle files for all the different tanks that includes reload times, ammo loads, penetration values can be built based on the club rules. You show up, download the file into your board and away you go.

Tamiya has a table for Classifying tanks using their system. What we need to do now is expand that data sheet to include rounds on board, A better armor classification system, and hit points for the different kinds of ammo. The Clark board allows limitless possibilities, but in order for it to be utilized the diversity needs to be standardized and the battle data files built to make it usable on the battlefield. Once done, this will really open up the possibilities in a practical way.

To me this is the biggest news about the TK 60. Download battle files that can be shared across a broad spectrum of tanks, making all these great features easy to manage at a club level.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:18 AM
clarkmodel

That sounds excellent! The USB addition is a terrific move.

The modifications were a bit difficult for me the first time, but that was mainly because trying to find instructions for airsoft was a bit confusing. There's so much info out there it can be a chore to get it all sorted out. However, now that I've done my first tank with a Clark board it will be MUCH easier from here on. Now that I know what to do I can probably install a clark board for airsoft in less than a half hour, and that includes giving the soldering iron time to warm up. I think it will also be easier for other first time buyers because of Erik's videos. Those really answer the questions much better than anything else I've found. So now that I have all the info I need all I have to do is buy some more boards and get to work. Hmmm, I think a TK22 will fit real nice in my Tauchpanzer.

That reminds me, what's the size of the TK60? The TK22 is about 50x60mm (a very rough estimate), so how big is the TK60? From the drawing I'm guessing about 50x75mm?
Yes, once you understand how to modify, watch you tank now have separate barrel up and down control, perfect synchronized airsoft gun, you will know the idea of "TRUE plug and play" is pointless, the time you spend on modification is worthy.

The size of TK60 is 92x50mm, same width to TK22, just small enough to fit in Panzer III.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Max-U52

Yes, I already see a lot more that I can do with the Clark board. There is a "break in period", not for the board - for the driver! Now that I'm a little more used to it I like it more and more every time I drive it. I'll do a video later to expand on that and post it in my original thread about TK22 and IBU2.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:31 AM
sergeantseabass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you just made Max-U52s' day by saying that it will fit in the PIII. He's been trying to find a good board for his and I think you may have just given it to him. I can't wait to see a demo of your dev board on this. Sounds like you got a real beast on your hands from the specs and funtions. Can't wait to see it.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:33 AM
clarkmodel

Originally Posted by YHR
The decision to go with Tank Battle files to download like sound files will be a great step forward, and allow users and clubs to finally get a process in place to quickly set up games on the Battlefield. Every tank can have a file built as per club rules.

So for an example.

Tank battle files for all the different tanks that includes reload times, ammo loads, penetration values can be built based on the club rules. You show up, download the file into your board and away you go.

Tamiya has a table for Classifying tanks using their system. What we need to do now is expand that data sheet to include rounds on board, A better armor classification system, and hit points for the different kinds of ammo. The Clark board allows limitless possibilities, but in order for it to be utilized the diversity needs to be standardized and the battle data files built to make it usable on the battlefield. Once done, this will really open up the possibilities in a practical way.

To me this is the biggest news about the TK 60. Download battle files that can be shared across a broad spectrum of tanks, making all these great features easy to manage at a club level.
Yes, just like the example you mentioned, and this is the easiest way I can figured out, if to go through dip switch, the board will be looked like a big keyboard , twice larger in dimension, and Max-U52 will not be happy.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:06 AM
clarkmodel

Originally Posted by sergeantseabass
I like hearing the ideas that are floating around on here about this new board. I hope Clark does too and is able to implement some if not all. As far as to sony remote or not to; I'd be ok if the remote was a bit more tanker friendly. There has to be some way to allow the user to easily identify what button does what on the remote with having to have a sheet of paper or your computer out everytime you want to change a setting. BUt maybe that is just because my memory on things like that is not always good.

Hi, Bill,

do you mean a sheet similar to this? an user draw this few years ago.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sony quick.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	2084689  
Old 03-28-2015, 09:20 AM
clarkmodel

So far this is the only thing about the new board that I don't like. Have you considered including the remote with the board? Or at least make it an option when you order? If I can get the remote and the board in the same package that would be much better, but again, this is only my personal opinion and I'm sure not everyone will agree with me.
Most of country have regulation for radio frequency products, so to provide combo package from here is not easy, As I know, most of them have this kind of service, you should be able to get radio remote + board package from our local distributor.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:35 AM
clarkmodel

Originally Posted by MAUS45
The TK60 looks really promising Clark!!! What is the max voltage it will support for the drive motor circuit?
Original design is for 7.2~7.4V, I will test it with 11.1 V.

Why some people need 11.1V? 550 motor on the market is also driven by 7.2V.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:35 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

If the board could run on 12 it would make it attractive to use with large scales, 1/8 and smaller 1/6
Old 03-28-2015, 10:42 AM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by clarkmodel

Hi, Bill,

do you mean a sheet similar to this? an user draw this few years ago.
I saved and printed that photo! Now I'll order the remote from OKC tanks.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:40 PM
sergeantseabass

Yep a sheet like that is what I was talking about. As it is a good reference sheet you really only have two options. Memorize it or have it around everytime you want to do something diffeerent on your tank. I understand that it is what we have and at lest we DO have it, It just seems like we could and should have something better. there has to be a better way with the sony remote than one of the two ways i mentioned.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:17 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Ditto Tom!!! I have a 1/8th scel Tiger II I was thinkg about using this board in.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:50 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by clarkmodel
Original design is for 7.2~7.4V, I will test it with 11.1 V.

Why some people need 11.1V? 550 motor on the market is also driven by 7.2V.
If everything runs off 12V (amplifier, LEDs, FPV VTx, cameras, etc) then we dont have to run buck converters for some things I would love to put one power distribution board on my tank and wire everything to it. At 60A this could be used for a lot more than just RC tanks.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Wibblywobbly

Hi Clark

I think I have used just about every board that was ever made and what has happened over the last five years has taken the hobby from the dark ages to where we are now, and that is only due to all of the various manufacturers taking the plunge into what is now a very competitive market.

If I had one request to make it is a simple one, but will require a bit of diplomacy between a couple of manufacturers. The repair function has great potential for anyone that builds ARV/Bergpanzer's etc. The problem as I understand it is that the IBU2 and TK series do not operate the same system. This means that an ARV can only repair a tank that has the same board inside of it.

It would help us guys who buy the products if you could talk to each other and agree a repair 'standard' function, so that a Clark board can repair an IBU2 tank and vice versa.

We already have a standard IR battle system that everyone uses, so it would really make sense to do the same with the repair side of things.

RobG
Old 04-05-2015, 08:08 PM
clarkmodel

Originally Posted by Wibblywobbly
Hi Clark

I think I have used just about every board that was ever made and what has happened over the last five years has taken the hobby from the dark ages to where we are now, and that is only due to all of the various manufacturers taking the plunge into what is now a very competitive market.

If I had one request to make it is a simple one, but will require a bit of diplomacy between a couple of manufacturers. The repair function has great potential for anyone that builds ARV/Bergpanzer's etc. The problem as I understand it is that the IBU2 and TK series do not operate the same system. This means that an ARV can only repair a tank that has the same board inside of it.

It would help us guys who buy the products if you could talk to each other and agree a repair 'standard' function, so that a Clark board can repair an IBU2 tank and vice versa.

We already have a standard IR battle system that everyone uses, so it would really make sense to do the same with the repair side of things.

RobG
HI, Rob,

I once talk with a board manufacture, but the code they are using is defined by them, can not find any IR transmitter on the the market, so user can not test it except they have two boards.

The repair key code on TK series is simply sony number key "1" code, the waveform format can be found on web, any sony TV remote have number key, so user can easily test it with any sony TV remote.

On the battle, sony remote can also act as repair tool, we can setup a pit like F-1, damaged tank can go back to pit for repair, no ARV/Bergpanzer's is actually needed to have fun with repair function especially the ARV/Bergpanzer model is very rare.

Because SONY key code is well defined, I also use number Key "3" as machine gun code, number Key "2" is cannon code. with all these advantages, I think any board maker can adapt it if they want.

Regards,
Clark
Old 04-06-2015, 01:33 PM
wright 971

Hi Clark nice to see another board on the market ,well done for putting the time and money into developing this new board. hope it turns out to be as good as the TK22 (have 4 of these)which I use in small tanks or where space is tight ,I find the size is great for Panzer 3 types ,also like the power the boards put out , Have one in a Sherman dozer it can move quite a bit with the blade and so far hasn't had a problem, Also have one in a DD Sherman which is still not finished size is very important in this tank having to run the main drive as well as 2 water drive motors and other electrics to raise and lower screen, not much room left inside the hull, I could not have made it without the TK22.

I have never had a problem with the TK22 (slight problem with TK20 low range but fixed that) but never had major problems with any of your boards .A new board with the features you have stated means more choice for the hobby, which is good for the hobby keep up the good work. I don't understand people who pull down makers of new boards the cost and time put into these boards is quite a lot and no guarantee at the end that the sales will cover the costs. I do have other systems IBU ,Elmod and Tamiya all have there good points as well as poor points. No one has made a perfect system yet there will always be a compromise somewhere.

regards pete
Old 04-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Martellus

I love my current Clark and this sounds amazing! The custom sound capability is a HUGE draw for me, the advanced battle functions I may also end up using in private unless they get adopted by a club at some point.(hopefully..)
Old 04-09-2015, 04:45 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Looking fw to see , and hear the first video teasers of this card. Also the ability to feed this card With home made soundset's is super
Old 05-08-2015, 01:18 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Any Updates ?
Old 05-11-2015, 11:32 AM
Martellus

Any ballpark of a release date for this?
Old 05-11-2015, 06:55 PM
clarkmodel

Originally Posted by Martellus
Any ballpark of a release date for this?
Prototype in Sep, release in Nov, before Christmas.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:20 PM
clarkmodel

First TK60 pro-type board!

the only difference to MP version are:
-120A metal cap FET will be used,
-A Heat sink will be attached to 15W AMP chip,

And two more features will be added
- PPM interface for most of 2.4GHz transmitters as Taigen Erik suggested,
- 3rd MG sound and light channel for turret roof MG. such as .50 cal on Sherman.

Regards,
Clark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TK60.JPG
Views:	452
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	2116356  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.