Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Ir help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 02:06 AM
modeltank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeclCql8PIo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbVFv4Y3evI
Old 04-04-2015, 05:24 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

That's an Impact "apple" on the Sherman? Does the impact connect the same way as the Tamiya apple or do you have to make changes? Is the Impact IBU related to the IBU control boards from Italy?
Old 04-04-2015, 07:24 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No, the Impact battle unit( IR sensor) has been around longer, and developed by two different camps. I have heard The socket is almost the same. The pins outs are identically so electrically, no issues.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:23 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Impact apple is very similar but cannot legally duplicate the Tamiya.

Here are a few of the differences:

The Impact GFS base (Gun Firing System as Tamiya calls it) is not the same size as Tamiya. It looks the same but they are NOT interchangeable.
The Impact apple has and offset (not centered) base. On some applications it may require hatch trimming. Test fit first.
The Impact apple has 4/ all red LEDs Tamiya has 2 red & 2 yellow.
The Impact apples lacks a locking clip/wire.
Impact does not include a emitter holder where Tamiya does (Black square style). I make my own anyhow. The clip-on emitter holders for the gun barrels come in Tamiya tank kits NOT in the battle unit OP447.

I find the performance to be identical between the Tamiya & Impact.
The GFS base disassembles just like the Tamiya and will screw right onto all the factory Tamiya bases or for a Tiger I all bases must be glued.
The Impact IR emitter is clear instead of dark. It can also be seen firing by the naked eye at very close range. I prefer these over Tamiya.

Maxu "That's an Impact "apple" on the Sherman? Does the impact connect the same way as the Tamiya apple or do you have to make changes? Is the Impact IBU related to the IBU control boards from Italy?"

The wiring schematic is the same but the apple base is different. Them MF connector (Molex style) is the same at Tamiya uses. The Impact is no relation to the IBU. It is just a coincidence.

Last edited by thecommander; 04-04-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

The biggest difference I have found is that the impact's hit LEDs are not as bright in strong sunlight
Old 04-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have deceided to just buy 3 Tamiya Battle Units (systems)
Old 04-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Now that's a box opening video I'd really like to see.