Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

new to rc tanks henglong m26 problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

new to rc tanks henglong m26 problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 11:51 AM
lespaul02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to rc tanks henglong m26 problem

like the title says I'm new to rc tanks but not new to the rc world. I got a henglong m26 Pershing from a friend it doesn't move or anything except for the headlights flash. I've tested the drive motors and they work but I don't know what the problem is and I do want to upgrade to better electronics any advice would be appreciated
Old 04-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I would reinstall both crystals, check that the antenna is hooked up and not a cold solder, make sure the batteries are fully charged/new and get back with us.

Oh, and welcome to the forum and hope someone here fixes the problem!

Jeff
Old 04-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

The headlights are supposed to flash when you turn on the power switch on the tank, just to let you know it has power. You do know all the right buttons to push to start it and all that stuff, right? Is the light on the transmitter coming on when you hit that switch? And like Jeff said, make sure the battery in the tank is fully charged and the AA batteries in the transmitter are new.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:22 PM
sergeantseabass

how did you test the drive motors? did you hook a battery straight to them. If the answer is yes and the problem seems to be with the electronics itelsf see if you can get the tank to start. I.E. you hear the sounds from of the motor. The blinking lights is indication that the system is in standby and waiting for the reciever to start the tank. This is usually done by either a start button on the reciever or by pushing up on the throttle. what does the electronics in the tank look like the newer systems of HL us a RX-18 board. This has a case around it. The earlier versions use a RX-14 This is just a circuit board with everything wired directly to the board. The RX-18 uses connectors to attach the different functions.

The RX-18 are alot better than the 14's and if you have a 14 then yes you want to dump the board and get a newer or even different board altogether. There are a couple of different companies that make boards for your tank. One of the more popular ones are the Clark boards. Now if you do get another set of electronics then expect to get a new radio for it as well.

Hope this gives you a some ideas to test and diagnose the problem.

Welcome to the forums.

Bill
Old 04-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-U52
The headlights are supposed to flash when you turn on the power switch on the tank, just to let you know it has power. You do know all the right buttons to push to start it and all that stuff, right? Is the light on the transmitter coming on when you hit that switch? And like Jeff said, make sure the battery in the tank is fully charged and the AA batteries in the transmitter are new.

Great reply there Gary... you guys are in the know better than I am! I test them but never run them as I replace the electronics later and sell the tested HL radio/receiver parts. So I have forgotten the MO on the radio.

Just wanted to get him started on a check down list since no one replied yet!

Jeff
Old 04-04-2015, 02:42 PM
lespaul02

Panther F - The batteries are brand new in remote and battery in the tank is fully charged, I've checked the antenna and the crystals and both are firmly seated.
MAX-U52 - I have been pressing and holding down the key button and all of the other buttons as well. The only light that is on is the red light once I turn on the remote.
sargeantseabass - Yes I hooked the battery straight to them to test the motors, I believe I have the RX-18

Thanks for all the help
Old 04-04-2015, 03:30 PM
sergeantseabass

I don't think the crystal radio had the start button as one of the three buttons. Once the tanks lights start to blink you should have to push forward on the throttle to "start" the tank; the buttons on an old one of mine have three saying. 1. OK 2. circle with an I in it 3. a series of numbers under a curving line. Those buttons are used for for a kind of program feature where you drive the tank and then you can have it repeat the course you just did. If yours looks like that then those buttons won't do you any good to start with. If you have everything plugged in and you can't get the tank to start, then chances are the RX-18 is fried. Do you see any kind of damage on the board. Pictures would be good so we can see what your dealing with.

Bill
Old 04-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Not just pictures, video. Try to start the tank on camera so we can see what you're doing and what the tank is doing. Or if still photos are all you can make sure to get one of the transmitter.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:46 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Push the button on the bottom of the remote that looks like an engine to "start" the tank.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:52 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Push the button on the bottom of the remote that looks like an engine to "start" the tank.

FYI...Don't trust the labels on the tanks or crystal holders. Make sure the crystals are the same and where they belong (RX in the tank and TX in the transmitter). If you want extra radio or crystal set to try PM me with your address and I will loan you some. I have a spare or two.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Heng Long Transmitter.png
Views:	329
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	2086411