Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Curious video

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Curious video

M18 Hellcat

https://www.full30.com/video/5673aed...23a370ffe9e992

Jerry
Old 04-09-2015, 06:48 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I doubt that was filmed in California ------ you can't even have a small firecracker here. I wonder what that shell cost.
rex
Old 04-09-2015, 06:57 AM
Tanque

As former governor Schwarzengger would have said the state is run by girlie-men....

We're lucky the DOJ doesn't yet require the barrels of our models to be painted day-glow orange so not
to offend or scare anyone...

Poor dears.

Jerry
Old 04-09-2015, 07:52 AM
Tanker 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanque
As former governor Schwarzengger would have said the state is run by girlie-men....

We're lucky the DOJ doesn't yet require the barrels of our models to be painted day-glow orange so not
to offend or scare anyone...

Poor dears.

Jerry
Totally agree with you, I'm really surprised we can even buy rc tanks in this state.

Joe
Old 04-09-2015, 12:17 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

There are a few operational uncut tank guns out there. The big dealer has an operational firing m41 on his site right now.
The m5 i am riding in my avatar icon is a firing tank :-)
It takes a destructive device liscense from the BATF to own one of these. There is a Sherman here in San Diego as well this is "Fully Functional" as LtCDR Data would say.

my friend has a cut and welded 106mm recoil less rifle on his jeep that we fire nerf footballs out of. Good fun.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Tanque

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
There are a few operational uncut tank guns out there. The big dealer has an operational firing m41 on his site right now.
The m5 i am riding in my avatar icon is a firing tank :-)
It takes a destructive device liscense from the BATF to own one of these. There is a Sherman here in San Diego as well this is "Fully Functional" as LtCDR Data would say.

my friend has a cut and welded 106mm recoil less rifle on his jeep that we fire nerf footballs out of. Good fun.
Yeah I had a California State DD license in the late 1970s. I owned a Lathi 20mm anti tank rifle ( which I fired on three or four sessions)
and a Japanese 37mm anti tank gun.

To give you an idea of the different world we lived in back then, the first weapon took over a year to get between interviews, licenses, paperwork plus waiting
for other guys ( it was a 'group buy' - some 20 of us bought them at the same time) to get their money together. The California DOJ was the most interesting
group to work with; they sent 2 guys to my home to 'interview' me and asked all sorts of questions. They approved it. When I applied for the 37mm I expected the
same process. So I called them and their reply? " Oh yeah just let us know when you get it, give us the serial number and manufacturer and we'll add it to your license"

Now I KNOW that wouldn't happen today....sadly I got rid of that stuff ( in the case of the 37mm even before I actually finished the deal) because I needed the money for
other stuff...all stuff....As I understnd it's relatively restrictive to own those things in the Golden State these days...

Jerry
Old 04-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Blame all the gang bangers in LA? That guy who hijacked that M60 from the San Diego National Guard compound and went nuts on the free-way?

Its not us guys who obey the rules and just want to enjoy our toys that are the problem, its the genuine criminals and occasional nutjobs on the fringes of society who do spectacular amounts of damage and harm, out of all proportion to their actual numbers, that ruin it for the rest of us