Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Idea for self centering sticks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Idea for self centering sticks

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 06:40 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Idea for self centering sticks

Typically I buy the component pieces to add self centering to my ratchet stick on whatever radio I buy.

I tired a different HK radio, and I found the self centering set up to be much different then I am used to, and I couldn't be bothered to cast the pieces I would require. However when I thought about it for a minute , a figured why not just rotate the gimbal 90 degrees on the stick that is not self centering. Undo four screws and rotate the assembly 90 degrees. Takes less then 5 minutes. This results in a stick the self centers on the vertical, but not on the horizontal.. So on the throttte channel this means letting go of the stick the throttle will return to neutral.

Of course another option is to take apart the gimbal assembly and move the self centering pieces to the vertical travel, which would work equally well, but depending on the radio, may be a more finicky project

I think you will find for control of a tank it is much easier to live with the ratchet on the horizontal plane than the vertical.

Cheers
Old 05-02-2015, 08:04 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Not a bad idea, but I went with your fingertech tip, got one for the mato/clark package radio, and just got an HK T6 so this time I got smart and ordered an extra lever from FT, so now I'll have one waiting for the next HK radio, but I don't think I'm going to buy anymore of the 6 ch radios without the servo reverse switches. I've got the programming cable, but it's so much easier for a gomer like me to just spend a few extra bucks on the better radio so I don't have to tear out anymore hair trying to get just one more computer gadget to work. I now have one of each of the rebranded flysky radios, one with switches and one without, and for me the ones without are just too much work for the couple bucks savings. So Dan, if you know of any good tutorial videos for how to program the HK T6 using the cable attached to a PC this would be a good time to say so. I think I have to download something called T6 config software? Like I said, I'm pretty much the poster child for computer illiteracy.

Just got the IBU2 for the Jagdpanther and hooked it up to the new 6ch radio from hobby king. Film at eleven.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Tanker 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Film at eleven, can't wait. Mine should be here today.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

You're gonna love it. What tank is it going in?
Old 05-02-2015, 11:33 AM
bradgreene

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan, are you using Tgconfig to configure your T6 or did you purchase Digital Radio which is a T6config replacement that has a better interface ($2 registration fee)? I haven't used it but based on what the people that have used it, they said that it is a lot better than T6config. The website is http://www.sgr.info/usbradio/default.htm.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:12 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

I just remove the metal tab then add a couple small springs here is how I did my DX5e .

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...ml#post8719738

Jimmy
Old 05-02-2015, 05:14 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-U52
Not a bad idea, but I went with your fingertech tip, got one for the mato/clark package radio, and just got an HK T6 so this time I got smart and ordered an extra lever from FT, so now I'll have one waiting for the next HK radio, but I don't think I'm going to buy anymore of the 6 ch radios without the servo reverse switches. I've got the programming cable, but it's so much easier for a gomer like me to just spend a few extra bucks on the better radio so I don't have to tear out anymore hair trying to get just one more computer gadget to work. I now have one of each of the rebranded flysky radios, one with switches and one without, and for me the ones without are just too much work for the couple bucks savings. So Dan, if you know of any good tutorial videos for how to program the HK T6 using the cable attached to a PC this would be a good time to say so. I think I have to download something called T6 config software? Like I said, I'm pretty much the poster child for computer illiteracy.

Just got the IBU2 for the Jagdpanther and hooked it up to the new 6ch radio from hobby king. Film at eleven.

I use the Digital radio software and it is simple and effective to use. I have already saved the file that works best for my purpose and every new T6a I buy I just flash the config file and it is ready to go. But I know what you are talking about Gary and I did buy one of the HK radios with the servo reverse tabs on the front as it is just so simple that way.. It is the one I actually rotated the gimbal on.