Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark board help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 04:09 PM
tgr6669
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clark board help

Hi Guys . I have been tanking for a while . Thought I would upgrade a few of my tanks with clark boards . Well , here is the problem , I have tried 4 different boards ( TK-22 ) in two different tanks , three fresh batteries , two different receivers and radios ( futaba and Hobby King )The radios and receivers are out of other tanks
so I know they work . There is no power to the receiver. I have hooked everything up as per internet instructions several times to no avail . The boards are also from 2 different sources . What am I doing wrong ? They all could not be bad . Any suggestions ? Thanks , Allin
Old 05-06-2015, 04:27 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

How did you wire your power on switch by way of battery or did you use the area on TK-22 were your to put a switch or jumper .
Old 05-06-2015, 04:39 PM
tgr6669

By way of battery . Used the power terminal as it plugs into an RX- 18 .
Old 05-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Tanker 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get any jumpers with the boards, is it installed.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:51 PM
tgr6669

No I don't think I did get any jumpers . You need a jumper to power up the receiver ?I thought jumpers were for programming . Guess these things aren't as plug and play as the Tk-20 or DBU's .The led lights on the receiver won't light up . Can't tell if the board is even getting power . It was working fine with an Rx-18 and DBU before I disassembled the electronics .
Old 05-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Tanker 10

Yes, if you don't have the jumper in place it won't fire up. And you're right, you'll need a second jumper for programming. I didn't get any jumpers either when I bought mine. I wasn't even told I needed one. They should come with the boards without having to ask for them.

Last edited by Tanker 10; 05-06-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:24 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

They don't give you a jumper you have to make your own or find one that will work to cross the pins .
I was wondering if he did not have a jumper or switch there so that's why I was asking what way he wired it for power .

Jimmy
Old 05-06-2015, 06:27 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

look inside old computer or old cd drives sometimes there are jumpers in those
Old 05-06-2015, 08:11 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

As far back as I can remember people converting to a Clark board for the first time, not placing a jumper on the SW pins has usually been the main reason for the no power issue.

The information actually has been listed under the Assembly Guide area in the online guide and in the PDF TK20 guide file I put together from Clark's info a few years ago, but it's rather, let's say, less emphatically stated as it probably should be . . . though the new text is written in red in the online guide, lol. The text is still the same as the old PDF, but a new image has been added to the online guide which shows the SW pin location with a jumper installed under the suggestion to add the jumper to short the pins when using a power switch on the battery cable path.
Install a switch cable (for example, HL Smoke Unit Switch Cable) to SW connector( Switch Cable Port) as power switch.

Because HL tank already have power switch on battery cable path, so additional switch is not required, just to use a jumper to short pins in SW Cable port or connect a switch cable and keep it switched on.

~ Craig ~
Old 05-07-2015, 01:03 AM
tgr6669

Thanks Guys , for all the info . I have some jumpers from my DBU s going to give that a try . Thank you for that picture Craig . That clears a lot up . Yeah they should be adding those jumpers with the board , Gonna work on the tank this afternoon . Will post if success or not .
Old 05-07-2015, 01:03 AM
tgr6669

Thanks Guys , for all the info . I have some jumpers from my DBU s going to give that a try . Thank you for that picture Craig . That clears a lot up . Yeah they should be adding those jumpers with the board , Gonna work on the tank this afternoon . Will post if success or not .
Old 05-07-2015, 09:08 AM
kizwan

People tend to skimmed through the guide since it's too long. It's not surprising to missed important information like this.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:13 AM
tgr6669

Thanks again Guys . Hooked up the smoker switch to where the jumper goes and success ! It works ! Thank You again !