Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen Tanks Tiger 1 Mid Version Taking Pre-orders! 360º/Servo Recoil/Steel Gearboxes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen Tanks Tiger 1 Mid Version Taking Pre-orders! 360º/Servo Recoil/Steel Gearboxes

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 06:33 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Taigen Tanks Tiger 1 Mid Version Taking Pre-orders! 360º/Servo Recoil/Steel Gearboxes

Hey Tankers!
Due to the popularity and the mass amount of pre-orders on this first batch from our dealers I'm afraid there is less than 1/3 of the first batch that will be available to retailers. I have spoken to bossman and assured the first round of pre-orders will be done here as always before I spread the word in other places. The Tiger 1 Mid Version will be our first tank with an airsoft barrel recoil system and will also feature our newest all bearing steel gearboxes (4:1, H/L, 48mm) as well as a 360º turret. It will be a metal edition tank and will be top notch This model will not be offered in IR at this time.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: This tank is expected to hit our ports in late June or possibly the first few weeks of July. The initial cost will be $499.99 and will of course come with Taigen's great service No charges will be made until the tanks have arrived here. Posting here only guarantees you will be contacted first before the others. I will leave a voicemail if a phone is provided or an email if that is provided if you are missed.
TO BE ADDED TO THE PRE-ORDER LIST: Please either post in this thread and/or email me at [email protected] to be added to my list. It is suggested you email me a quick way to contact you such as an email or phone number as I will contact you ASAP when they come in. You may also PM me with your info as well, I will confirm any info sent to me so if you did not receive a confirmation then I did not get it.

Tiger 1 Mid Version Diamond Edition Features:

Airsoft Barrel Recoil System
*New Taigen Full Ball Bearing Steel 4:1 Gearboxes
360º Unlimited Turret Rotation​
Metal Chassis with Torsion Bar Suspension
Metal Suspension Arms
Metal Drive Wheels
Metal Idler Wheels
Metal Road Wheels with Rubber Tires
Metal Track Tensioners
Metal Caterpillar Tracks
Metal Turret
Metal Gun Barrel, Gun Muzzle, and Mantlet
Metal Hatches and Late Version Cuploa (& Metal MG42)
Metal Turret Track Armor
Metal Front and Rear Tow Hooks and Tow Cables (Approximately 55cm)
Metal LED Machine Gun
Zimmerit
LED Headlight

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1203_539.jpg
Views:	2114
Size:	4.39 MB
ID:	2096737   Click image for larger version

Name:	1203_533.jpg
Views:	1306
Size:	3.91 MB
ID:	2096738  
Old 05-19-2015, 05:33 AM
Green Amphibian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a lot of nice equipment. One question, how much does it weigh?

Herman
Old 05-19-2015, 05:37 AM
Imex-Erik

It will be around the same weight as the previous metal tanks @ ~17lbs depending on the battery you choose
Old 05-19-2015, 06:33 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Will you have the airsoft recoil turrets without the zim? Then I could use it for a T1 Early, too.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:23 AM
Imex-Erik

No, but the zimmerit can be removed if you are patient enough

Edit: I was incorrect! Yes, we will have early, mid, and late Tiger 1 turrets Thanks bossman for catching that!

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 05-19-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Max-U52

Excellent. I think I might just have to pop for an early for the S33 Tiger One early. My favorite airsoft tank, with recoil? Shut up!!!

And that brings up a question for the research pros - did they have mid production Tigers at Kursk (July 1943)?
Old 05-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Max-U52
Excellent. I think I might just have to pop for an early for the S33 Tiger One early. My favorite airsoft tank, with recoil? Shut up!!!

And that brings up a question for the research pros - did they have mid production Tigers at Kursk (July 1943)?
Even more and better news.... both plastic and metal airsoft recoil turrets in early and late will be available at launch This way you can retrofit it to your current Tiger 1 tank if you please, just match the paint and you are good to go. The turrets themselves will come w/o the 360 kits to save a few bucks, if you wish to purchase those separately you can too. I was asked a few times for the plastic turrets and I just wanted you guys to know I am listening
Old 05-19-2015, 12:55 PM
Max-U52

That's really great, Erik. About the only thing that would be better is if I could buy just the insides and retrofit my existing turrets. Is that anywhere in the plan?
Old 05-19-2015, 07:24 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi Erik
Any progress on the internal turret pics?

Mal
Old 05-19-2015, 10:59 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Erik, once you get past the pre-orders, this will go into regular production, right? Meaning...this is not a limited time offer. Also, how many LED machine guns? Should be one in the hull and one in the turret (mantlet). And...this is a plastic turret, not a metal one, correct? (just verifying) Looks like the gun is corrected over the HL offering, too (full length and not stuck in half battery)...good job!

Gary, Kursk was in the middle of 1943. I believe those would have been early production tanks. That said, they aren't the same as the early production tanks used in N. Africa. There were some slight differences. Best way to see the differences is to compare the Tamiya Tiger I (Early) with the Tamiya DAK Tiger I (out of production, but you can find info on it online).
Old 05-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Max-U52

Thanks, Philip. I'm just checking as the S33 is marked for Kursk and I didn't want any glaring errors if I install one of the early turrets. I'll probably buy a new plastic turret and just swap all the guts into the metal turret that's already on S33. That way I get to cheat the paint booth. Not to mention that the S33 already has a slip ring installed. I can just resolder the motor leads for elevation (if I even have to mess with elevation) and swap the motor from the old airsoft into the new and I should be good to go. I'm sure if that won't work Erik will let me know.

Erik, can I preorder a plastic turret? Are there any changes to the inside of the turret that would prevent me from just swapping the airsoft units?
Old 05-21-2015, 05:59 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by afv aficionado
Hi Erik
Any progress on the internal turret pics?

Mal
I'm probably gonna have to wait until launch first, might not be a good idea to spill the beans so quick before launch As soon as it releases I'll do a breakdown video though for sure.
Originally Posted by philipat
Erik, once you get past the pre-orders, this will go into regular production, right? Meaning...this is not a limited time offer. Also, how many LED machine guns? Should be one in the hull and one in the turret (mantlet). And...this is a plastic turret, not a metal one, correct? (just verifying) Looks like the gun is corrected over the HL offering, too (full length and not stuck in half battery)...good job!

Gary, Kursk was in the middle of 1943. I believe those would have been early production tanks. That said, they aren't the same as the early production tanks used in N. Africa. There were some slight differences. Best way to see the differences is to compare the Tamiya Tiger I (Early) with the Tamiya DAK Tiger I (out of production, but you can find info on it online).
Yes it will go into regular production, just the initial response from our dealers is a bit overwhelming for a recoiling airsoft tank. I'm guessing they will all be out of stock before the next shipment comes for sure. For LED machine guns there is still only 1 as of now, but the option to add another will come with the 360 kits releasing soon. This turret will be metal for this model, but plastic turrets will be available for purchase at launch with the airsoft recoil system. The turrets however will not come with the 360 kits to keep the costs down. If you wish to add the 360 kit you can do that separately Also, this tank is the same as our other Tigers (new molds, not HL ones) so yes it will be a very nice tank. Remember this one also comes with the new steel gearboxes with bearings too, this guy will be very smooth!

Originally Posted by Max-U52
Thanks, Philip. I'm just checking as the S33 is marked for Kursk and I didn't want any glaring errors if I install one of the early turrets. I'll probably buy a new plastic turret and just swap all the guts into the metal turret that's already on S33. That way I get to cheat the paint booth. Not to mention that the S33 already has a slip ring installed. I can just resolder the motor leads for elevation (if I even have to mess with elevation) and swap the motor from the old airsoft into the new and I should be good to go. I'm sure if that won't work Erik will let me know.

Erik, can I preorder a plastic turret? Are there any changes to the inside of the turret that would prevent me from just swapping the airsoft units?
You can preorder whatever you want, you guys know how to reach me