Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Puma has arrived!! 1st unboxing pics

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Puma has arrived!! 1st unboxing pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 03:49 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Sebbe,
Know the feeling, mine stares at me from under the workbench every time I walk by. Love to see a pic of your recoil solution. I just used a micro servo. With the draw backs of the Elmod board I've just lost excitement on my build. I hate the sluggish acceleration and the momentum is way too high. I'll get to it at some point I suppose. Can't wait for your pics and good to hear from you again.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:37 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBennyB
Hey Sebbe,
Know the feeling, mine stares at me from under the workbench every time I walk by. Love to see a pic of your recoil solution. I just used a micro servo. With the draw backs of the Elmod board I've just lost excitement on my build. I hate the sluggish acceleration and the momentum is way too high. I'll get to it at some point I suppose. Can't wait for your pics and good to hear from you again.
can you not alter these setting with the computer software?
Old 05-04-2017, 07:15 AM
TheBennyB

Originally Posted by tomhugill
can you not alter these setting with the computer software?
Nope, not enough to see any real difference. It's different than the tank board, not as many parameters to mess with. Also no drag brake parameter which would be key on this vehicle, especially for IR battling.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:48 AM
Sebbe335

Hello once again!

Now its feels like I fell on the finish line. I was about to start apply the decals when I find out there is no correct "415" number in the kit. I build mine as vehicle nr 415 that is supposed to be red with white outlines but the one in the kit is just black... Arghhh, very very very annoying. Need to find correct decals now, alt. do my own but if I really must.. Have contacted XION but got no reply yet..
Any ideas where to get them otherwise? Is it same decals in your kit Benny?
I was hoping to show my puma by now but hold on, very soon it will run finished!

Regards from Sebbe
Old 06-06-2017, 09:12 AM
Sebbe335

The puma have been waiting a bit more after the correct decal wasnt avalible, but today i printed my own on waterdecalpaper, unfortently the printer cannot print White so what i need to do is to cut out the red numbers and transfer them to the unfilled "415" area painted White. Should be okey i Think..

Also a Picture and video of my recoil solution, hope this can help anyone with the same problem! Just get the angels right and the recoil works fine! You can also mix some parameters in the steeringboard for the puma if you want more recoil or faster/slower servo movement. I actuly like the softwafe for the elmodboards, theres a lot of adjustments you can do!
Video of recoil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRP...ature=youtu.be

//Sebbe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170606_180123.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	2218999   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170606_082620.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	2219000  
Old 06-06-2017, 12:31 PM
TheBennyB

Hey Sebbe,
My recoil solution is basically the same thing. As for numbers, yea mine are just black as well. You could look at other sheets for tanks to see if you can get the right combination of numbers. Try looking here on 2 or so sheets to possibly get what you need. Sounds like you've got it solved though.

https://www.rctank.de/DECALS_1
Old 06-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

make stencils and paint them on
Old 06-18-2017, 01:42 AM
Sebbe335

Took it out for the first testdrive outdoors today. Unfortently the top couldent be mounted becouse the speakers was in the way, need to remove more material.... All the details are done (the fuelcans Went really good!!) just need to mount them.
It was however really fun to drive it!

A Little video of the testdrive:

//Sebbe