Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Difference in the Tamiya DMD units ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Difference in the Tamiya DMD units ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 11:00 AM
propbreaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in the Tamiya DMD units ?

I am trying to figure out the the difference in the Tamiya DMD units. I know my Sherman is supposed to have an 05 but what if I used 08? Is there any problems or is it per the club issue? Or motor size limit? I know some have recoil also so some info would help since all vendors seem to be out of the DMD 05 right know but two European vendors that want over $350 for one plus shipping. I assuming Tamiya must be back in production on parts because little is in stock but has a restock date and not a discontinued.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Rustytrax

You'll gain the inertia that those units exhibit when you let off the throttle.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:45 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I asked the same question when I switched out the Sherman MFU for the JS-2. It was explained to me that they are interchangeable and I've had no issues using the Sherman DMD with the Russian MFU. Since recoil and sound are MFU functions, it makes sense.

Drive, steering, rotation and elevation would be similar between tanks, which is all DMD.

The DMD I tested the M4 MFU with was the Panther, which is the same used in the Tiger.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:09 AM
propbreaker

Okay just trying to make sure . Since that all I need to get Sherman up and running other than painting the replacement parts. Hopefully I can get a good used one , new they are a little ridiculous.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got a couple extra used DMD T-03s, and one used T-06. No T-05s though. PM me if you decide you want more info.