Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Having a problem with Jr-rc

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Having a problem with Jr-rc

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 07:47 AM
propbreaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having a problem with Jr-rc

I am having an issue with Jason R/C . I know he has a good reputation. I have bought a lot from him but all of a sudden he is not responding to my emails and it has been over a week since I order my Tamiya Tiger 1 new kit and order status say open. I emailed after 4 days have heard nothing from him. Usually I get a shipped email within 24 to 48 hours after ordering in stock item. Question usually within the same time frame. But still have not heard a thing. Look to see if this is normal.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:56 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I had an earlier problem with him as well but after Ex_Pat_Tanker attacked me here on RCU with his opinionated view on the issue I went no further with it. Jason R/C has a definite change in attitude as he's trying to leave eBay and use his website solely.

He sent me the wrong item once and wouldn't pay to send it back. It was an un-usable part and was THEIR mistake but eBay didn't see it that way and stuck with the no return policy.

He has lost a LONG, LONG TIME customer whom I have bought hundreds of dollars of electronic equipment from which has supplied ALL of my converted RC tank projects.

I wish you luck and hope you can file a dispute either with a card company and or where it was purchased from.

Jeff
Old 06-28-2015, 08:02 AM
propbreaker

It just weird and it $700 dollars in limbo. At least I can dispute it if I do not receive within the next week. Bad thing is Tamiya has discontinued this tank and they are getting hard to find new unbuilt ones
Old 06-28-2015, 08:18 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

The Tiger 1 is discontinued? Isnt that one of the best selling tanks?

I bought a TO/mf from him off evilbay and got the wrong one, he then had me send it to a guy in LA and had that guy send me mine. I was real leery of it and it was a disaster through ebay.
I even put a note in the box for the guy to contact me when he received it to confirm but he never did. I sent signature required to cover myself.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 AM
propbreaker

Tamiya list it as discontinued, Tower hobbies list the same. I emailed some people at Tamiya USA I still know and they told me as of now it is discontinued and so was a list of tank electronics and parts . They did not know yet if it's do to a retooling, or electronic upgrades yet. So it is a wait and see. To fill in a little more info I ordered it thru his website so I could use the discount code.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:56 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never bought a tank from him, only parts. His communication was always poor at best, but he used to be very trustworthy. Things seem to have changed though. I stopped ordering from the website because it seemed like what is listed on the site was something he had to track down as opposed to the eBay listing that were in stock. A few times, I waited the full 45 days and never got a response, just a refund on items never shipped. I don't know if it's a language barrier, that he's overwhelmed with volume or what, but I know I've been ordering from him for years, but the last few transactions have not been good.

Try Banzai Hobby if you don't get your Tiger. They have been great when dealing with tanks, landing on my porch usually within 4 days of ordering.

I too thought 56010 was still available after the uproar over them announcing it as discontinued. It's a shame if it really is gone, that was and still is, their best.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:22 PM
RichJohnson

I usuallu try to buy my stuff from the american armor museum. Prices nearly the same as jrc, good support and always great to deal with.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:46 PM
propbreaker

I buy from the Armor museum also but they have been more expensive or out of stock on a lot of stuff
Old 07-19-2015, 07:12 AM
propbreaker

Just to let everyone know as of today I finally got a refund because of PayPal not JR-RC being honorable and refunding my money. I guess after 20 days of not responding to PayPal they gave me my money and the email from PayPal said they were suspending his account. So if anyone has an order thru eBay or his website they may want to file a claim if they have not heard from him like I went thru.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:30 AM
RichJohnson

Wow that's pretty sad. I know a lot of guys buy from him. Ive bought a lot from him several months ago. If they suspended his paypal account then he can receive payments but not retrieve them or use them. When somebody did it to me unfairly, I had to get them to release their claim on my account before I could get the rest of my money.
I wonder how its treated if paypal has to step in. That could put him out of business.

Was it paypal that you filed the claim with or Ebay that made the decision to refund your payment?
Old 07-19-2015, 12:09 PM
propbreaker

I filed the claim thru PayPal since I bought it from his web store. I emailed and emailed him after to weeks just to see if it shipped since I usually got shipping confirmation within 24 hrs and he never responded. Then he just ignored PayPal for the 15 or 20 days they give him to respond. I noticed during that time he had less listed on eBay and on his web store as in stock. I do not know what was going on on what PayPal is going to do to him .
Old 07-19-2015, 05:54 PM
mordock999

Prop I'm Very Sorry to hear that You've had Problems with Jason, but I'm glad You got a refund.

As information I've brought dozens of Tamiya KT parts from him off eBay in the last year INCLUDING some just this past week. I got the parts Within a week with NO problems and PAID Through Paypal so his Paypal Account wasn't suspended a week ago.

I dunno what's going on with Your case though. Very, Very Odd.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:52 PM
propbreaker

His account was suspended as of today July 19th. After they attempted to retrieve my refund and he had no funds in his account. So I do not know how it will affect anyone who orders anything from 19th on. As you said Mordock999 I usually got my parts within in a week. I had never ordered a full kit but the price was good a previous good dealing so I ordered it. Never got anything other than order confirmation email. So I am dumbfounded by what happened all he had to due was refund me not wait over 20 days and PayPal to get involved .
Old 07-19-2015, 09:16 PM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

eBay and PayPal are now two separate companies, although the bidding/payment integration remains, having his PayPal account suspended did not seem to affect his eBay activities as he is still listing. While it is inexplicable how he failed to respond to you, he has been the primary source of spare parts for Tamiya tanks for guys who aren't on the same landmass as the AAF Tank Museum, and it would be a shame to see him go down.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:35 AM
ausf

Originally Posted by cleong
eBay and PayPal are now two separate companies, although the bidding/payment integration remains, having his PayPal account suspended did not seem to affect his eBay activities as he is still listing.
I don't know if policies have changed, but in the past, PP was quick to suspend seller accounts if there was a complaint. I haven't had an issue, but I know a decal company I used to vend for was suspended on one complaint of a delayed order. It was devastating to his business until it was cleared up. It's great for consumer confidence, I know I feel better buying with it.

How do you pay on eBay without going through PP?
Old 07-20-2015, 07:45 AM
RichJohnson

Check, money order or cash in person if the seller accepts.
I prefer people send me checks on ebay so i can save all the money paypal takes, but i take any legal tender. Cash, paypal, first born etc.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:56 AM
LarryE519

Has ebay rescinded the paypal only policy? I wanted to list a few items with Check or MoneyOrder as payment options, but they were no longer available. Giving them an additional 2-3 % as the middleman was a great idea, for them. Not so nice for the seller.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:48 AM
RichJohnson

I recall a little while back ebay had to change its policy back because people got pissed. Some sellers still refused to take paypal and some buyers refused to use it.
its more or less how the buyer wants to pay. I cant recall if they still try to hold up that all sellers must accept paypal or not.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:00 PM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a similar prob w him 8 mos ago .... Wrong part.... Wouldn't make good on it. I won't deal w him on anything costing more than $20. It's a shame he has fallen to these levels of service. He was once a good source for tank parts PP
Old 07-25-2015, 07:55 AM
RichJohnson

I just did an Ebay search as I do about once a week. Searching 1/16 Sherman usually displays 3 to 4 pages of listings.
Today there were 32 listings. Less than one page.
Everytihng JR RC listed is gone. I guess most of those pages were his listings. Seems like he has closed up for now. At least on ebay.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:25 PM
propbreaker

I was just on his web store and there is no 1/16 tamiya parts coming up. I hope this does not put him out of business. That was not my intention I was trying to get my order filled or the money refunded so I could order it else where.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:40 PM
RichJohnson

Its not your fault if he is having issues and not selling.

Maybe Tamiya shut him down on supplies like they have to other box breakers on ebay and such.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:02 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by propbreaker
I was just on his web store and there is no 1/16 tamiya parts coming up. I hope this does not put him out of business. That was not my intention I was trying to get my order filled or the money refunded so I could order it else where.
I had a look at the web store and the eBay store and both have tank stuff on.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:13 AM
ausf

Yeah, I just put in 1/16 Tamiya recoil and he's the first up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4205019-Tami...item58c6260d62

Never feel guilty about reporting a deficiency of service if it is honest and genuine, which yours certainly is. If the vendor is worthwhile he'll survive it, which it seems he has, and hopefully will correct. If you look at the number of feedback, the man does a lot of volume, which was always the excuse people made for lack of communication. Perhaps he got too big, too fast.

Last edited by ausf; 07-26-2015 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:41 AM
propbreaker

Maybe his listings ran out when I checked eBay the other day. I was putting in part numbers that I bought from his website when I checked it but nothing came up. So I guess I will chalk it up to him doing website maintenance and renewal of eBay listings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.