Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Different at Asiatam? Maultier...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Different at Asiatam? Maultier...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:52 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Different at Asiatam? Maultier...

There are just sooooooooooooooo many models to choose from these days... it's a veritable New Golden Age of AFV modelling...

http://www.asiatam.com/product_info....tigmodell.html

Jerry
Old 07-25-2015, 10:16 AM
sassgrunt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, that is NICE! I don't want to spend the money on buying one, but I am seriously going to have to consider it. I've wanted one for a long time and even experimented with hacking up a 1/16 Ford to use as a basis for a maultier. I guess all things really DO come to those who wait, (though I wouldn't have wagered money on this one).
Old 07-25-2015, 10:27 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

After the Jagdtiger the next major item I want to obtain is an Opel Blitz, and I think that will be a good practice piece before I tackle one of these. It looks very, very cool. I can't wait to see a review thread so somebody needs to buy one!

Here's a photo so you can see it before you go to the link.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:55 AM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

so many nice things, so little money
The Maultier is on my list, be nice if somebody did a suitable gun to tow behind it - 105mm Howitzer or 75mm PAK (The Merit 105mm is a much longer ranged gun than they usually towed, AFAIK?)

I bought their Opel 4x4 chassis a while back to put under a Highway 61 GMC dump truck, but I've not yet been brave enough to cut about 10mm out of the frame and rear drive shaft to make it fit. Casting quality looks good at least.
I also have their Kubel, that one just needs its camo finishing and a suitable battery pack sourcing - should have it done by the end of next month. Gearbox feels pretty good when I turn it by hand so I have reasonably high hopes it will be ok, at least it has some weight to it and has a chance of actually being able to steer on dirt (unlike the Tamiya one).
Old 07-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-U52
After the Jagdtiger the next major item I want to obtain is an Opel Blitz, and I think that will be a good practice piece before I tackle one of these. It looks very, very cool. I can't wait to see a review thread so somebody needs to buy one!

Here's a photo so you can see it before you go to the link.

I made sure I added one to my little collection. I missed the new aluminum cased steel geared differentials for the regular Opel Blitz though . I hesitated
adding those to my cart and by the time I got back to them they'd disappeared...

Jerry
Old 07-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I'll make sure to look for the steel gears when I get ready to buy a blitz.