Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Have you heard anything about the Battletrax 1/10 scale R/C Tiger 1?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Have you heard anything about the Battletrax 1/10 scale R/C Tiger 1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 03:46 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

That dolly idea is a good one. If you have a Harbor Freight near you then you might want to look into these

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-x...lly-61899.html

I have one, and also one of the longer size (30 inches) and surprisingly they're very good quality and I got them on sale with a 20% off coupon for next to nothing. I think I paid about 7 dollars for the small one (12x18). I doubt I could buy the casters for that price, and like I said, I was actually pleased with the quality. I've moved a lot of furniture on mine and one of them I use for window unit air conditioners and they're holding up great after three years with no problems. With as many tanks as you have, and will have, I imagine you can always use a good dolly.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:10 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I used one of those dollies from Harbor Freight when I was building the R/C Armory KT. I got another because it took two under the Tiger 1. They made life a LOT easier working on both tanks!

Mike
Old 07-29-2015, 08:21 AM
Tankkiller308

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the problem of people who say that the battle would be to realistic at the current state ya it would be but there could be a couple of options first there could simply a switch on the battle system to switch between realistic mode and arcade mode where arcade mode is just something similar to current battle modes second would be make it even more realistic by having a respawn system where the Americans have a quick respawn and something like 5 respawns and German would have two respawns that take a long time what the tank is done with during that time is up to the battle field but presumably they have to carry it back to "HQ" before it can be used again. I personally think this will be amazing I was actually talking to some electrical engineers to make my own system that doesn't calculate in the board itself but instead to whole tank is the sensor with different thicknesses of material that will block a certain frequency beam (ex. If the beam was an x-ray the coating material would be lead to stop the beam if it is thick enough).
But back to the 1/10th scale If it wasn't for the price I would go with 1/10th over 1/16th any day. Also with the supposedly taking in bullet ark we could now have tanks like the m7 priest or m118 howitzer and aim for the tank top with thinner armor.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:45 AM
Roboticus_Prime

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanque
I don't think their price is out of line at all knowing what some of the other contenders Tigers cost when available or if they still are

SdKfz Modellbau's last Tiger I - electric sans controls of any type, 'in the white' 2500- 3000 € ( about 7-8 years ago)
Stehr's Tiger I - 19.990,00 € ( ) Current price
Seiki ( Japan ) last one was offered about 10 years ago - USD 10,000 ( but this was a gas powered model)
Nils Hermann's Tiger I ~3600 €
Geisswerks Tiger I trackset 1,240.00 € - just the tracks
Wecohe Tiger I ??? € - never saw a price

There are or have been others I'm overlooking I'm sure but these come to mind.

Given the small market share and following 1/10 scale has almost always been pricy; not happy about that but there it is.

Would I buy one? Maybe if I didn't have 4 Tigers and 1 Sturm Tiger already. My last Tiger was/is a custom set of parts that will blow the doors
off most others when complete and one of a kind, Hr Stehr is working on the turret for me but the bulk of the parts are just stunning. AND it's the only
early Tiger I I'll have. I bought 2 sets of Asiatam's really nice 1/10 steel ( yes you read it correctly steel ) tracks and sprockets to upgrade 2 of my running Tigers.

Moving 1/10 scale tanks isn't that bad, smaller ones aren't that much more than the largest 1/16 models but do weigh a lot more. I modified a mover's dolly,
the kind with carpet on them to move my heaviest models around the house. Loading 5 or 6 into my Explorer ( the most I can fit) is a workout I must say. My heaviest models
so far are my King Tigers weighing in around 90+ pounds. My lightest is my Hermann Panzer I.

I wish these guys a lot of success ( I've just written to them) and hopefully they will make a Comet, Crusader or Churchill; what would be really cool: a Bedford lorry...

Jerry
I would build, or buy, some type of ramp (possibly foldable) and just drive my tanks into the car. Lol
Old 07-29-2015, 03:47 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-U52
That dolly idea is a good one. If you have a Harbor Freight near you then you might want to look into these

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-x...lly-61899.html

I have one, and also one of the longer size (30 inches) and surprisingly they're very good quality and I got them on sale with a 20% off coupon for next to nothing. I think I paid about 7 dollars for the small one (12x18). I doubt I could buy the casters for that price, and like I said, I was actually pleased with the quality. I've moved a lot of furniture on mine and one of them I use for window unit air conditioners and they're holding up great after three years with no problems. With as many tanks as you have, and will have, I imagine you can always use a good dolly.

That's where mine came from. It was on sale for $9.99 one weekend just as I was looking for it. Good solid wood construction with thick carpet padding.
My tanks are so comfy on it I have a difficult time getting them back where they belong.

I screwed in stout hook on each end, in the middle of each end and using a 3 foot wood dowel with a corresponding stout hook on the end I can pull the models around as needed, from either end. I can carry them around, the smaller ones I still do but anything from a Panther up I prefer to roll, keeps me from having unfortunate encounters with walls, door frames, furniture, etc.

To move the models to and from shows, runs and the like I modified a Harbor freight hand cart, the convertible type to have a removable wooden
platform that can easily carry two Panther sized tanks at once.

You just make up the tools as you go and get older, more lazy....

Jerry
Old 07-29-2015, 08:49 PM
Marc780

For the man who has everything, except a really cool 1/10 tiger, and can afford it?! For sure, these will really be very, very cool models. Probably hand made mostly, and they will be awesome. For me, in another life perhaps, these are going for $2000 US plus ship, which cost more then my first two cars. Regardless, if anyone buys one I too want to read all about it and pics.
On the other hand, 1/16 scale REALLY isn't all that much smaller. Which is what most of us own already, anyway...I decided to quit buying after #5 as things were getting out of hand, and I'm getting a bid jaded on the hobby as it is...i have physcial troubles can only work for ten minutes at a time. Which means doing ANY project takes forever - weeks and months. since i can't live the model tankers dream perhaps i can do it vicariously?!
Old 07-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Tanque

Most of mine being gas( glow) and make loads o' smoke -driving them into my car isn't really practical.

Here, allow me to recall this old thread ( and I'll say it again turn your volume off if you don't like the sound! I don't want to hear what you think it sounds like
a Maybach it ain't !) http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10996406/tm.htm

Jerry
Old 07-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Tankkiller308

Most of mine being gas( glow) and make loads o' smoke -driving them into my car isn't really practical.

Here, allow me to recall this old thread ( and I'll say it again turn your volume off if you don't like the sound! I don't want to hear what you think it sounds like
a Maybach it ain't !) http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10996406/tm.htm

Jerry
Well I guess you just gotta go find someone to make you a 1:6 maybach engine so you can laugh in there faces
Old 07-29-2015, 11:09 PM
Tanque

Originally Posted by Tankkiller308
Well I guess you just gotta go find someone to make you a 1:6 maybach engine so you can laugh in there faces
Oddly enough I'm happy with them as is. And I'd need a 1/10 scale Maybach......the Panther is 1/10 scale...
Even this one is too large, but you get the idea ( I knew I'd cause this thread to digress ).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mutb7KgA9NM

I should have just said I know little about Battletrax but I'm learning more.

Jerry

jerry
Old 07-30-2015, 07:06 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

You just make up the tools as you go and get older, more lazy....

Jerry
They say that necessity is the mother of invention, but that's not true. Laziness is the true mother of invention.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:13 AM
Tankkiller308

Originally Posted by Max-U52
They say that necessity is the mother of invention, but that's not true. Laziness is the true mother of invention.
Necessity is the the mother of invention but laziness is the mother of necessity