Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Good reads

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:51 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Good reads

These are probably well known to you all but I thought they're worth a mention

I'm more than half complete reading the book "Armor and Blood: The Battle of Kursk: The Turning Point of World War II" by Dennis E. Showalter.that
I purchased recently from the local Half Price Book Store.
Fascinating account of the Kursh battle. The description about what took place around
Prokhorovka is a good read in itself describing what can happen in the mist and confusion of such massive
combat. So of the writing and word choice might be a tad over the top but on the whole I highly recommend this
book. Not a new publication, having been released in 2013

http://www.amazon.com/Armor-Blood-Ba...rmor+and+blood

The second is a German language book on German track; meaning just the tracks themselves. "Panzerketten: Die Gleisketten der deutschen
Kettenfahrzeuge des Zweiten Weltkrieges" by Dr.Peter Schwarzmann
It covers everything, tanks, halftracks... the works - even those for the 'Goliath'. This book may not be for everyone but I find it interesting.
The long list of contributors include several names I know or have heard of including Martin Schneider
the proprietor of Das Gießwerk - Schneider Feinguss und Modellbau - the chap who makes the jewelry like
model tank tracks.

http://www.amazon.com/Panzerketten-G...s=Panzerketten

Jerry
Old 07-30-2015, 02:56 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't believe there is a book dedicated to the tracks alone. I assume there is a chapter on the connecting rods too.

I did a Google translate and that does look like an interesting book.
rex

Last edited by Rex Ross; 07-30-2015 at 03:00 PM.