Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

new too T22

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 11:46 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts
Default new too T22

Hi, I have been a happy user of the IBU2 for some while but I have finally decided to try the CLARK T22 in a TAIGEN TIGER 1 AIRSOFT which raises a few questions,

Do I need to program the board with the "Sony" remote or is that just for I/R?

Do I need to use any thing to cap the signal to parts of the board?

Is the elevation and firing of the AIRSOFT Gun in need of modification?

So I guess what I am asking is can I simply plug and play as it is an AIRSOFT or are there things I have to do extra?
shaun
Old 08-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Max-U52

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

It is NOT plug and play for airsoft. You WILL need the remote to set the board for airsoft. You still need the jumper to take the place of the on/off switch. Clark's site has detailed instructions, including a very good video that Erik did on how to change the wiring for the airsoft turret.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Tanker 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be very interested in hearing your thoughts Shaun about the TK-22. I found it very frustrating as compared to the IBU2.

Joe
Old 08-20-2015, 09:32 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Max Hi, And thank you, I feared something like that but I just hoped I had misread everything DOHH, I shall give ERIC's contribution a close look, the man is a hero to our hobby.

I will delay the start until the Autumn/Fall as I have a couple of r/c aircraft builds to get on with.

Joe, Hallo , In common with everyone else who hasn't tried one it was always going to happen one day - I think I lost my virginity with a similar mindset!!,

As I told Max it will be after Christmas before I can make a report
shaun
Old 08-20-2015, 09:53 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have not got one already, once you get the programming remote it's really just a matter of going down the list of options one at a time on Clark's website to adjust what you want.

In the meantime, it WILL work in your tank, to the effect of driving around, sounds, turret elevation & rotation just fine. Clark is not in "Airsoft Mode" by default which is really the only thing preventing you from firing your pellets right away.

They may seem intimidating but once you get it installed they become second nature. You're not really 'programming', more like selecting personal options.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:20 AM
dlobmwm3
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you re-program the clark board to allow up and down for elevation on the left stick? This combo of half way up (left or right) is kludgy during battle.