Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

fitting an mg to a tiger.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

fitting an mg to a tiger.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 02:39 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts
Default fitting an mg to a tiger.

If I fitted a led mg into the turret of a Taigen Tiger 1 where on a T22 CLARK board would I plug it? shaun
Old 08-23-2015, 04:22 AM
Tanker 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just tied into the existing MG wiring on the hull when using the IBU2. I would assume you could do the same for the Clark. Both will be just a little dimmer.

Joe
Old 08-23-2015, 05:19 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks Joe, That is pretty much what I thought.

It is just that if you design a control board for a Tank MG (most makes and types of which have TWO MGs) why fit only one socket?

I would expect CLARK to say they were limited by space, but they have two sockets for the smoker ( one for the switch and one for the smoker) whereas the IBU2 uses just one socket for the smoker!!
shaun
Old 08-23-2015, 06:13 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I think Clark addresses this issue in the TK60. The Asp is set up for Machine gun 1 and 2 and each has it's own fire switch.

I added the turret MG for that tank I just did for a guy at work, and all I did was just as Joe said, tie right in to the existing MG. Works just fine. But remember that with the clark board and turret MG the Taigen airsoft w/mg slip ring kit won't work, you'll have to get the IR slip ring, and that won't be plug and play for airsoft. To get it just right with a clark and a turret MG you need an 8 wire slip ring.