Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

ElMod Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 04:01 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ElMod Fusion

Hello all, just wanted to let everyone know that the new ElMod Fusion boards are in stock. The new boards are integrated with the sound now, so no longer need to buy two separate boards for drive control and sound. Also, the have the ability that the Flex boards offered, being able to install external ESC's if you want to in order to drive a larger scale vehicle. The sounds are also updated and much better than the previous offerings, which were good. They have also added something more to the realistic driving experience. The tank can now shift gears as it drives. All of the parameters are programmable using the supplied USB cable. Simply download the software from www.elmod.eu and install.
I have not been on the forums for quite some time, but I am now trying my best to find time to work on the tanks again. I installed a Fusion ECO board into the PIV I am working on and I am more than a little impressed with it.
Also a note for all the Tamiya guys. I also have in stock the cable to attach a Tamiya battle apple to the ElMod battle system. So, you will all be on equal ground. There are a lot of boards out there these days, and many options for the tanking community. ElMod has been on par with Tamiya electronics from the beginning, but now they give you the best in effects of a scale model simulating a very heavy vehicle.
Another thing ElMod has addressed is the smoker units. It now has the ability to proportionally control the smoker as the engine changes. This is all integrated into the electronics board.
As a side note, ElMod is not for the guys who like to battle their tanks like they are race cars. So shooting out from behind a building and reversing fast enough to leave a transmission gear behind is not what these electronics are about. they are about making the model feel and perform as a tank would. And in that, they are top notch. If you are new to the hobby, or a guy who has never quite felt like the model has performed like a real one, give these a try.
I will try to post some video when I get a chance, but check out youtube for elmod fusion and there are some good examples of the sounds and running of the tank. Of course all of it is user programmable to fit your own flavor.

I found an example of the fusion in a rather large scale Sherman. I believe it is 1/6 Vantex.
https://youtu.be/2Ti8Cd056fI

Last edited by yellowshaker; 08-25-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:00 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you back in the game Joe! Will let you know if I come across anything when I install mine in the Puma.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:24 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you, Brett.
I am pleasantly surprised with what these new units can do. I just tested the smoker setup and it makes a standard type smoke unit proportional, which is a nice feature for guys who like smoke units. Even that feature is programmable through the pc. I think you will like it in the Puma.
And very nice work on that btw.