Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Pershing Road Wheels

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Pershing Road Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 08:20 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Pershing Road Wheels

New to me, used Tamiya Pershing. The road wheels seem very sloppy (wobble) is this normal? How tight is the tolerence on the shaft to bushings on these? Is there a standard bearing replacement kit for them or just replace with OEM bushing and shafts. I would assume that if the bushings are worn, the shafts will be also. I was just going to clean and relube bushings and shafts with Super Lube. Thanks for the help, its my first Tamiya.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:50 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Shorty54
New to me, used Tamiya Pershing. The road wheels seem very sloppy (wobble) is this normal? How tight is the tolerence on the shaft to bushings on these? Is there a standard bearing replacement kit for them or just replace with OEM bushing and shafts. I would assume that if the bushings are worn, the shafts will be also. I was just going to clean and relube bushings and shafts with Super Lube. Thanks for the help, its my first Tamiya.

Well... bushings CAN wear out and bearings are much better than what is stock in the kit BUT, if a petroleum based lubed was used on those wheels they are prone to cracking and this can cause a wobble condition.

So, without looking at at them I'd say take them apart and inspect before ordering the flanged bearings. I installed these right when I built mine and they are very stable.

Jeff
Old 09-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Shorty54

I should have mentioned that I took the wheels apart, and they are NOT cracked. I would have to say they were never lubricated!
Old 09-22-2015, 10:02 AM
Panther F

And I should have mentioned that you will need 5X8MM flanged bearings and 42 of them for the road wheels. AND make sure unless they are advertised as packed with plastic safe grease, wash them thoroughly in alcohol and repack with either ceramic grease or a plastic safe grease.

Hope your wheels or axles were not affected!

Jeff
Old 09-22-2015, 10:11 AM
Shorty54

Sent you a PM, axles seem worn also, wheels seem good, no cracks.
Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Originally Posted by Panther F
And I should have mentioned that you will need 5X8MM flanged bearings and 42 of them for the road wheels. AND make sure unless they are advertised as packed with plastic safe grease, wash them thoroughly in alcohol and repack with either ceramic grease or a plastic safe grease.

Hope your wheels or axles were not affected!

Jeff
Old 09-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Panther F

P.M. returned and anytime too!

Jeff