Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Wingnuts...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 07:16 AM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Wingnuts...

Hey Guys,

Tired of doing the Aber and I really don't like the look of the Mitosal/Impact wingnuts. Anyone got another source???
Old 09-28-2015, 09:01 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Schumo at Axel's Modellbau. (http://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/k...92aef9445c4c15)

If you get them, I'd be interested your thoughts on how they compare to Impact's wingnuts. I've used Schumo's and liked them. I've never used Impact's.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:15 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

I have used both SCHUMO and MITOSOL Wing/Butterfly nuts,
Schumo's product is better finished, but comes with the threaded end attached to a metal sprue, so you lose a part of that end when you cut it free, whereas the mitosol item comes unattached .
There is a price difference, but this is primarily due to postal charges, On balance I prefer the Mitosol because by chasing the unattached faux thread using a ROLSON tap & die set I have a working Wing/Butterfly nut.
It is possible to do the same with the Schumo product but you lose some thread and it is possible to distort the threaded end when removing it from the metal sprue..
shaun
Old 09-29-2015, 07:55 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Of the examples I've seen WECOHE's are top of the line. If you can find them.
I have a line on some and I'll post an update when I know more.

Jerry
Old 09-29-2015, 01:56 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the input guys, I actually ordered some resin ones and will report on the quality. I am going to use pin vise to first drill out and then my teeny tiny tap and die set! :-)
Old 09-30-2015, 05:21 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I make my own using solder and miniature brass threaded bolts. Large diameter solder is cut down and the wings made by flattening the solder between the flat spot on a pair of pliers. Drill out the center and then thread on to the bolt. They are cosmetic for the most part but you can actually use them for a few times, before they strip out.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:00 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

etoarmor.com
Old 10-01-2015, 05:40 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

6th Scale Icons made these in the past, but I am not sure Fields of Armor is making them now. Fields of Armor bought the 6th Scale Icon line and has started producing some of the parts but not all. These 1.72 thread are really close to 1/16 scale. I took a photo showing them side by side with Mitsoal's 1/16 scale photo etch wing-nuts from their Panther G set. As you can see the 6th Scale Icon 1-72 thread wing-nuts are real close and are self threading.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1-16 Wing Nuts.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	2123071