Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New Tanks from IMEX/Taigen Coming Soon!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Tanks from IMEX/Taigen Coming Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 01:48 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Default New Tanks from IMEX/Taigen Coming Soon!

Hey tankers,
So I spilled the beans already and since the catalogs arrived early than expected here is the announcement
The Sherman 105mm, Sherman 76mm, Panther G (metal edition), Panther F (metal edition), and Jagdpanther (metal edition) will be carried by us in the future. These models will also have some new stuff, they will not be just the ordinary versions you see around (looking at you Panther G/Jagdpanther) as we will have something special for them!

As a side note, I'll do my best to get a split hatch version MORE coming in the future, just figured I would update you guys! The catalogs will start shipping with tank orders shortly too! Maybe if you guys are lucky I'll post some pictures of my Panther F I've been rocking for a few months now I dropped a few hints here and there but I don't think anyone picked up on it. Enjoy tankers!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150928_173422.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	2122783   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150928_173430.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	4.22 MB
ID:	2122784  
Old 09-28-2015, 02:29 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow, Panther F!!! New metal hulls for the Panther G and Jagdpanther!!! Will the Panther F have the option of Steel wheels or the Rubber tire wheels?
Old 09-28-2015, 03:21 PM
purgatory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought one of your tanks, anyway I can get or order a full catalog?
Old 09-28-2015, 03:21 PM
Tanker 10

Glad to see the metal hulled Panthers and Jagdpanther.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:57 PM
purgatory

mistake post

Last edited by purgatory; 09-28-2015 at 05:02 PM. Reason: posted my mistake
Old 09-28-2015, 04:11 PM
pedzola

Excellent news. Any ETA on these Erik? Any chance we'll see any of them in time for the holiday season this year? (Maybe they'd already need to be on the boat for that?)

And did a catalog make it into my order? ^___^ Any PDF link?
Old 09-28-2015, 04:24 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Hey tankers,
So I spilled the beans already and since the catalogs arrived early than expected here is the announcement
The Sherman 105mm, Sherman 76mm, Panther G (metal edition), Panther F (metal edition), and Jagdpanther (metal edition) will be carried by us in the future. These models will also have some new stuff, they will not be just the ordinary versions you see around (looking at you Panther G/Jagdpanther) as we will have something special for them!

As a side note, I'll do my best to get a split hatch version MORE coming in the future, just figured I would update you guys! The catalogs will start shipping with tank orders shortly too! Maybe if you guys are lucky I'll post some pictures of my Panther F I've been rocking for a few months now I dropped a few hints here and there but I don't think anyone picked up on it. Enjoy tankers!

ALL great/fantastic news, especially the Panther F prototype! But please... no steel rimmed road wheels as that was just a hypothetical theory.

Now an Elefant and or a Tiger (p) would be great for some other suggestions for WWII. Now modern tanks; a T-54/55, a Centurion... (etc.)

Jeff
Old 09-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Dusty Steppes

New tanks from Imex is good news. IMHO it would have been better news if some Russian front armor was in the list. You do have the PzIII, T34 and KV metal chassis' to build on. Any of the following would be on my wishlist...
PzIII N
SU-76i
T34/76
SU-122
SU-85
SU-100
KV-85
SU-152
Old 09-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tell me more about this 76mm Sherman and it's turret... new molds? Existing M4A3 lower (which is fine..!)?
Old 09-29-2015, 07:22 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by MAUS45
Wow, Panther F!!! New metal hulls for the Panther G and Jagdpanther!!! Will the Panther F have the option of Steel wheels or the Rubber tire wheels?
Steel wheels most likely. Metal wheels with rubber tires will be a separate part when they arrive so you could do either.
Originally Posted by purgatory
Just bought one of your tanks, anyway I can get or order a full catalog?
Call us and see if it left yet. We actually ship VERY quickly. Most of the time it ships the same day.
Originally Posted by Tanker 10
Glad to see the metal hulled Panthers and Jagdpanther.
Me too. Been playing with mine for a while now and I like the Panther hulls a lot. Great weight distribution.
Originally Posted by pedzola
Excellent news. Any ETA on these Erik? Any chance we'll see any of them in time for the holiday season this year? (Maybe they'd already need to be on the boat for that?)

And did a catalog make it into my order? ^___^ Any PDF link?
No ETA yet. Bossman is in China now visiting our factories and getting ready for the 72nd scale tank releases too. I'll see if we have an expected time frame. I would guess late Q1 2016 if all goes well and we see no hiccups for the Panthers.
Originally Posted by Panther F
ALL great/fantastic news, especially the Panther F prototype! But please... no steel rimmed road wheels as that was just a hypothetical theory.

Now an Elefant and or a Tiger (p) would be great for some other suggestions for WWII. Now modern tanks; a T-54/55, a Centurion... (etc.)

Jeff
I've heard of both, but since this is a prototype tank anyways I think people will enjoy it. Other road wheels will be made available as well as Type A and G drive/idlers so people should have a good mix if they wish.
Originally Posted by Dusty Steppes
New tanks from Imex is good news. IMHO it would have been better news if some Russian front armor was in the list. You do have the PzIII, T34 and KV metal chassis' to build on. Any of the following would be on my wishlist...
PzIII N
SU-76i
T34/76
SU-122
SU-85
SU-100
KV-85
SU-152
Yes I am hurting for more Russian armor too but fear not.... I am always nagging bossman for more Russian
Originally Posted by Strato50
Tell me more about this 76mm Sherman and it's turret... new molds? Existing M4A3 lower (which is fine..!)?
Oh yes, new molds for both 76mm and 105mm if I remember correctly. I'm even gunning for a split hatch (get it?).
Old 09-29-2015, 07:27 AM
Imex-Erik

Oh and if you need or want a paper catalog you can get them here: http://www.imex-model.com/product/TA...og.html?cid=90
A PDF will be released in time to look at as well. I'm quite glad a lot of these new items were finally announced, I am really looking forward to the 150W/10A AC/DC IMEX Powerstation which has a touch screen charger AND a .1V resolution .1-16V DC power supply You also get a 2.1A USB fast charger on it too for your phones or tablets! I've been toting this guy around for a while (in fact some of you might have seen it by accident at the WRAM show) and it has been a very reliable charger for me.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:45 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

.......But please... no steel rimmed road wheels as that was just a hypothetical theory.

Now an Elefant and or a Tiger (p) would be great for some other suggestions for WWII.

Jeff
Panther F hulls may be seen in some late photos, smaller turret with what is accepted as a F hull has never been proven to have seen service. Point is steel road wheels are as viable as road wheels with rubber tires for the combination of small turret and F hull. IMHO....

Asiatam already hawks a metal Elefant and Porsche Tiger, maybe not premier quality but they are there and they are pretty robust...

How about British, Italian and Japanese tanks gents? There are enough German tanks to satisfy everyone by now...

Jerry
Old 09-29-2015, 07:58 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Tanque
Panther F hulls may be seen in some late photos, smaller turret with what is accepted as a F hull has never been proven to have seen service. Point is steel road wheels are as viable as road wheels with rubber tires for the combination of small turret and F hull. IMHO....

Asiatam already hawks a metal Elefant and Porsche Tiger, maybe not premier quality but they are there and they are pretty robust...

How about British, Italian and Japanese tanks gents? There are enough German tanks to satisfy everyone by now...

Jerry
The problem is popularity. Our dealers and customers are not asking for them. Don't get me wrong, there is a small niche for them, but at this time requests for them are at the very bottom of my list. I will however keep my eye out, I always do
Old 09-29-2015, 08:11 AM
Tanker 10

Steel wheels most likely. Metal wheels with rubber tires will be a separate part when they arrive so you could do either.

Call us and see if it left yet. We actually ship VERY quickly. Most of the time it ships the same day.

Me too. Been playing with mine for a while now and I like the Panther hulls a lot. Great weight distribution.

No ETA yet. Bossman is in China now visiting our factories and getting ready for the 72nd scale tank releases too. I'll see if we have an expected time frame. I would guess late Q1 2016 if all goes well and we see no hiccups for the Panthers.

I've heard of both, but since this is a prototype tank anyways I think people will enjoy it. Other road wheels will be made available as well as Type A and G drive/idlers so people should have a good mix if they wish.

Yes I am hurting for more Russian armor too but fear not.... I am always nagging bossman for more Russian

Oh yes, new molds for both 76mm and 105mm if I remember correctly. I'm even gunning for a split hatch (get it?).
Maybe, I'd love to buy an E-8 Sherman from you.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Panther F

Originally Posted by Tanque

Jerry

Yup... there were no ACTUAL Panther F tanks completed (but there were some F chassis rolling off the assembly line late in the war), just the two prototypes that are photographed. And THEY were on the G chassis, both of which are early G's to be exact. The F and late G hulls are 'almost' exact except for a few details.

This was set to be on rubber rimmed wheels as steel wheels were proven to be too hard on the tracks as found out on early G Panthers.

But, the facts are in the books as I have here.

Jeff
Old 09-29-2015, 08:41 AM
Imex-Erik

Yup... there were no ACTUAL Panther F tanks completed (but there were some F chassis rolling off the assembly line late in the war), just the two prototypes that are photographed. And THEY were on the G chassis, both of which are early G's to be exact. The F and late G hulls are 'almost' exact except for a few details.

This was set to be on rubber rimmed wheels as steel wheels were proven to be too hard on the tracks as found out on early G Panthers.

But, the facts are in the books as I have here.

Jeff
Yes, in fact you are quite correct They will be the Panther G lower hull with the F turret. We went with the steel wheels for this one, but since they will be swappable with the other wheels it shouldn't be much of an issue. I personally like the conical wheels myself, but a lot of requests for steel wheels were made for the Panthers so I had to comply. The Panthers were at the top of my requests list actually for a while now.

Edit: Just in case, you can always just purchase the F turret if you want We will have them available for purchase as well with either just the turret or the turret and upper hull in both airsoft or IR. The same will apply for the G turret as well In fact, in the catalog the TAG numbers are already assigned...

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 09-29-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:25 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Sherman, Sherman, Sherman woo hoo!
its about time we see a good quality 76mm T23 Shrman. Though, I think the 105 howizter is done to death, especially since it was not an engagement tank. That one may not be a good release with all the tamiya and HL 105s allready out there.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:13 AM
Roboticus_Prime

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, It's a good thing that I held off on buying a turret for my Sherman....
Old 09-29-2015, 10:27 AM
Panther F

Yes, in fact you are quite correct They will be the Panther G lower hull with the F turret. We went with the steel wheels for this one, but since they will be swappable with the other wheels it shouldn't be much of an issue. I personally like the conical wheels myself, but a lot of requests for steel wheels were made for the Panthers so I had to comply. The Panthers were at the top of my requests list actually for a while now.

Edit: Just in case, you can always just purchase the F turret if you want We will have them available for purchase as well with either just the turret or the turret and upper hull in both airsoft or IR. The same will apply for the G turret as well In fact, in the catalog the TAG numbers are already assigned...

WHICH is perfectly acceptable! The reason the Panther F steel wheel version came up is that DRAGON Models took some creative licensing and reading a few after the war interviews with workers that a new Panther with inter-weaved steel rimmed wheels were to be manufactured, "we" put 2 and 2 together and believed it to be for the Panther F which actually the story applied to the earlier cancelled Panther II project that was to eliminate the need for the future A and G or F Panthers.

So the story goes on...

I like the fact that SOMEONE is FINALLY taking the ball and running with all these new releases! The Sherman has LOOOONG been neglected, even though our buddy Nick has kept us model builders supplied with ALL the Sherman goodies we desire, not everyone can or has the time to take resin aftermarket parts and get creative, so comes into play the RTR's.

I would like to see the Elefant get released so at least we can get our hands on the rolling chassis and or parts for PORSCHE rolling vehicles... like the Jagdtiger, the Tiger(p) and the Intial Turret Tiger B (otherwise known as the PORSCHE turreted KT) for an unlimited amount of projects.

I may in fact NEED some steel wheels for yet another Panther project.

Jeff

Last edited by Panther F; 09-29-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Sherman, Sherman, Sherman woo hoo!
its about time we see a good quality 76mm T23 Shrman. Though, I think the 105 howizter is done to death, especially since it was not an engagement tank. That one may not be a good release with all the tamiya and HL 105s allready out there.
Yup, thats the first thing that went through my head.... T23 turret and split hatch I can't always get what I want but I can sure as heck bother bossman until he relents
Originally Posted by Roboticus_Prime
Well, It's a good thing that I held off on buying a turret for my Sherman....
Well I dont have any ETAs just quite yet on the Shermans, but I'll make sure everyone is updated ASAP.
WHICH is perfectly acceptable! The reason the Panther F steel wheel version came up is that DRAGON Models took some creative licensing and reading a few after the war interviews with workers that a new Panther with inter-weaved steel rimmed wheels were to be manufactured, "we" put 2 and 2 together and believed it to be for the Panther F which actually the story applied to the earlier cancelled Panther II project that was to eliminate the need for the future A and G or F Panthers.

So the story goes on...

I like the fact that SOMEONE is FINALLY taking the ball and running with all these new releases! The Sherman has LOOOONG been neglected, even though our buddy Nick has kept us model builders supplied with ALL the Sherman goodies we desire, not everyone can or has the time to take resin aftermarket parts and get creative, so comes into play the RTR's.

I would like to see the Elefant get released so at least we can get our hands on the rolling chassis and or parts for PORSCHE rolling vehicles... like the Jagdtiger, the Tiger(p) and the Intial Turret Tiger B (otherwise known as the PORSCHE turreted KT) for an unlimited amount of projects.

I may in fact NEED some steel wheels for yet another Panther project.

Jeff
Yea I did a lot of reading as well and I really thought about suggesting the conical wheels but instead decided to go with the steel wheels. Since it is a prototype tank I think the steel wheels fit perfectly I also knew that making steel road wheels would be a good idea for those who wish to change out their Panther G wheels too. Oh and just for you....

When we do get the parts in, you will know the item number. Also, yes they do have bearings....

Name:	20150929_143730.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	4.83 MB
ID:	2122833  
Old 09-29-2015, 10:57 AM
wright 971

Hi I do hope you get the correct turret size for the Panther F ,the asiatam turret is too small. Also the Panther F had different tracks and wheel spacing compared to the G .

regards pete
Old 09-29-2015, 11:07 AM
Panther F

Originally Posted by wright 971
Hi I do hope you get the correct turret size for the Panther F ,the asiatam turret is too small. Also the Panther F had different tracks and wheel spacing compared to the G .

regards pete

Huh? You might be thinking of the Panther II Pete. The Panther F rolling chassis/upper hull was identical to the Late Panther G for the exception of a few details.

Plus... the PF turret from Asiatam might have been a bit too large but I'd have to double check mine to be exact.

Jeff
Old 09-29-2015, 12:00 PM
wright 971

Hi Jeff Yes always get these mixed up (because some people call the F a Panther II),Panther II lower is in the Paton Museum with a G turret fitted , The F turret it was to have the Brits stole it and put it on a Firing range till someone spotted it and moved it to Bovington Museum.. I Had a Drawing of the Panther II with F turret(gave the drawing to another Tanker) ,the width of the turret should be the same as the Panther Hull also the same angle as lower hull,also the lower only had 7 road wheels ,these are the main differences ,there are a few others Hatches exhausts ect.

regards pete
Old 09-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by wright 971

regards pete
Our turret is all new
Huh? You might be thinking of the Panther II Pete. The Panther F rolling chassis/upper hull was identical to the Late Panther G for the exception of a few details.

Plus... the PF turret from Asiatam might have been a bit too large but I'd have to double check mine to be exact.

Jeff

My favorite picture so far I've always liked the F turret.

Name:	20150713_161944.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	879.6 KB
ID:	2122836  
Old 09-29-2015, 12:30 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@Dusty: you can make a PzIIIN from a PzIIIL with the PzIVF1 gun. Can't help with the rest of the list.

No Japanese or Italian armor...they're hardly mentioned in the history books for a reason.

I'm looking forward to more details on the Panther G. I had plans to do that one as my next tank. But, then you came out with the Tiger I (Mid) with recoiling BB gun. You hinted at some improvements to the Panther G with metal hull. I hope that means 360 turret and recoiling BB gun. It'd be back on top of the list.

I was hoping for an Easy-8 somewhere in the Sherman lineup. I like the Korean era and hope to someday do a couple of USMC tanks from Korea. Those were M4A3E8(105) or M4A3E8(76) (long gun tube with muzzle break...don't know the rest of the designation). Maybe an E8 in the future lineup somewhere to mix and match stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.