Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New Tanks from IMEX/Taigen Coming Soon!

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Tanks from IMEX/Taigen Coming Soon!

Old 09-29-2015, 12:33 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by wright 971
Hi Jeff Yes always get these mixed up (because some people call the F a Panther II),Panther II lower is in the Paton Museum with a G turret fitted , The F turret it was to have the Brits stole it and put it on a Firing range till someone spotted it and moved it to Bovington Museum.. I Had a Drawing of the Panther II with F turret(gave the drawing to another Tanker) ,the width of the turret should be the same as the Panther Hull also the same angle as lower hull,also the lower only had 7 road wheels ,these are the main differences ,there are a few others Hatches exhausts ect.

regards pete

Yes, the Panther F was to have the Schmalturm turret and the Panther II was to have a Versuchsturm (which none were ever manufactured) turret. The Panther F upper hull had thicker "roof" plates/armor and the driver radio hatches were to be lifted, then slid/moved to the side instead of opening like the Ausf.G, otherwise the Panther F and Late G Panther hulls were identical. (almost)

Jeff
Old 09-29-2015, 01:09 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by philipat
@Dusty: you can make a PzIIIN from a PzIIIL with the PzIVF1 gun. Can't help with the rest of the list.

No Japanese or Italian armor...they're hardly mentioned in the history books for a reason.

I'm looking forward to more details on the Panther G. I had plans to do that one as my next tank. But, then you came out with the Tiger I (Mid) with recoiling BB gun. You hinted at some improvements to the Panther G with metal hull. I hope that means 360 turret and recoiling BB gun. It'd be back on top of the list.

I was hoping for an Easy-8 somewhere in the Sherman lineup. I like the Korean era and hope to someday do a couple of USMC tanks from Korea. Those were M4A3E8(105) or M4A3E8(76) (long gun tube with muzzle break...don't know the rest of the designation). Maybe an E8 in the future lineup somewhere to mix and match stuff.
Recoiling airsoft, no plans AT THIS TIME. I cannot plan for the future yet on that. However, 360 is a 100% go. Mine are already installed Both tanks will be made available in Infrared or Airsoft as well. Also yes, more Sherman stuff is due. The Sherman has been a huge hit and people really like it. It will see more action than already planned
Old 09-29-2015, 01:56 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi Erik
Any idea when that new sprue for the M41 will be officially released (the GTL sprue)? I'd like to get a couple more.

Mal
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0595.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	2122844   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0612.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	402.7 KB
ID:	2122845   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0683.JPG
Views:	462
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	2122846  
Old 09-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Fortunately once we get into the realm of 'what if' models rubber rimmed and steel rimmed applications are perfectly valid.
If the war had dragged on for a year or even 6 months longer I bet dollars to doughnuts we'd have all seen a lot more steel
rimmed everything tank. Hard or not on the tracks the need to field one more tank would have taken priority; the life expectancy of a
new tank was probably a lot less than it's tracks in the last months of the war....

I'm pretty sure I have most of the books everyone else has...

Jerry
Old 09-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Dusty Steppes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Dusty: you can make a PzIIIN from a PzIIIL with the PzIVF1 gun. Can't help with the rest of the list.
That is exactly what I'm talking about. Imex can easily produce a new model by simply taking parts from two of their other existing models. As for the other tanks costs can be reduced by building on a chassis that already exists. Imex has an opportunity here to produce new models at a lower cost by simply building upon what they already have. A win for them in cost reduction and a win for the customers with a greater selection to choose from.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Panther F

Originally Posted by Tanque
Fortunately once we get into the realm of 'what if' models rubber rimmed and steel rimmed applications are perfectly valid.
If the war had dragged on for a year or even 6 months longer I bet dollars to doughnuts we'd have all seen a lot more steel
rimmed everything tank. Hard or not on the tracks the need to field one more tank would have taken priority; the life expectancy of a
new tank was probably a lot less than it's tracks in the last months of the war....

I'm pretty sure I have most of the books everyone else has...

Jerry

Oh, you're absolutely correct!

Just like the paint situation of late production German tanks.

Jeff
Old 09-29-2015, 03:20 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by afv aficionado
Hi Erik
Any idea when that new sprue for the M41 will be officially released (the GTL sprue)? I'd like to get a couple more.

Mal
I'll check on this tomorrow ok?
Originally Posted by Dusty Steppes
That is exactly what I'm talking about. Imex can easily produce a new model by simply taking parts from two of their other existing models. As for the other tanks costs can be reduced by building on a chassis that already exists. Imex has an opportunity here to produce new models at a lower cost by simply building upon what they already have. A win for them in cost reduction and a win for the customers with a greater selection to choose from.
Yes, but before conversions we have a few other plans first. We have some things we would like to adjust first
Old 09-29-2015, 03:23 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi Erik
Cool
Thanks
Mal
Old 09-29-2015, 04:02 PM
RichJohnson

Received 372 Likes on 237 Posts

When the taigen M4A3 76 mm is released, you can purchase one, and then buy a tamiya sherman kit and build the chassis and put the upper hull of the taigen on the tamiya hull. Boom EZ8 with taigen electronics. yes very expensive I know, but I kinda assume they will fit as the HL hull fits great on the tamiya chassis. If tou do this then you can part out the left lver tamiya parts on ebay and the taigen sherman hull.
Your other option is to purchase the tamiya hvss bogies and rollers and mount them on the taigen hull, which I think would be much more difficult.

the other option is completely rebuild a tamiya into an E8 with a nick kit and turret. Which was a big project even for an experienced modeler like myself. I just finished mine which took alot of trial and error and such to get it all working in the urethane turret.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:56 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther F

Just like the paint situation of late production German tanks.

Jeff

I'll buy that..

I'd like a 1/16th little brother for my work in progress 1:10 guy...

Jerry

Name:	pf2.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	2122866   Click image for larger version

Name:	pf3.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	2122867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Avc008.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	2122868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Avc009.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	2122869  
Old 09-30-2015, 07:23 AM
Imex-Erik

So I got the ok to give some ETAs and please remember people that this is an ESTIMATED time. A Sherman will be here around Q2, most likely the 76mm. The 105mm we are aiming for Q3-Q4 if other releases go well. The Panthers and Jagdpanther are looking to be here around Q2 as well.
HOPEFULLY everything goes smooth. There are always bumps in the road but I'll update you as I can. Also we aren't done with the Sherman just quite yet guys, don't worry on the VVSS suspension. I'm sure it will be used in the future
Old 09-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by afv aficionado
Hi Erik
Cool
Thanks
Mal
Also, I'll let you know on this. I'll be in a meeting with the factory soon and will bring this up. I knew you would like them
Old 09-30-2015, 09:04 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Erik, I like your "F" photo. Looks realistic!!!
Old 09-30-2015, 11:44 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by MAUS45
Erik, I like your "F" photo. Looks realistic!!!

This one looks pretty good too, but the leaf in the front of the tank blew it

Name:	20150827_1048251.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	2122974  
Old 09-30-2015, 09:48 PM
CGNoorloos

Very nice looking tank.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:07 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes, a cat always looks better in it's natural habitat!!! You should always police those pesky leaves!!!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:13 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by MAUS45
Yes, a cat always looks better in it's natural habitat!!! You should always police those pesky leaves!!!
Yea I didn't even notice it until I got back inside either
Old 10-01-2015, 06:32 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any ETA on the 1/72nd stuff? And what about the parts from said 1/72nd tanks? I imagine the gearboxes from them in particular would be incredibly useful for turning 1/35th static tanks into RCs.
No Japanese or Italian armor...they're hardly mentioned in the history books for a reason.
They did have tanks. And some of the designs were interesting to say the least. I wouldn't object to a 1/16th Japanese Type 5. Japan's Tiger, supposedly able to mount an 88mm naval cannon that would have shredded anything the US fielded during the war. Only one prototype was ever built but it would be an interesting RC tank for sure.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by 378
Any ETA on the 1/72nd stuff? And what about the parts from said 1/72nd tanks? I imagine the gearboxes from them in particular would be incredibly useful for turning 1/35th static tanks into RCs.

They did have tanks. And some of the designs were interesting to say the least. I wouldn't object to a 1/16th Japanese Type 5. Japan's Tiger, supposedly able to mount an 88mm naval cannon that would have shredded anything the US fielded during the war. Only one prototype was ever built but it would be an interesting RC tank for sure.
Yea the 72nd scale stuff is looking to be here around early November. I was actually just testing a few the other day Here is one of the battlegrounds below:

I still haven't built a permanent set yet, trying to figure out how to make it as small as possible but still a 4x4 or bigger.

Name:	20150916_130123.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	2123089  
Old 10-01-2015, 09:13 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Yea the 72nd scale stuff is looking to be here around early November. I was actually just testing a few the other day Here is one of the battlegrounds below:

I still haven't built a permanent set yet, trying to figure out how to make it as small as possible but still a 4x4 or bigger.
Oooh, pretty nice. Any chance of us being able to buy the mechanicals(Gearboxes, turret rotation stuff) to fit to 1/35th scale static model tanks?

Also, I went through the Taigen website and found some interesting stuff on there. I'm currently working on RCing a Hobby Boss 1/16th Tiger I model tank and was curious how easy it would be to buy and install a Taigen airsoft turret onto that upper hull, to fire the gun without using the Taigen electronics*, also whether the metal tracks for sale there would fit the HB model's drive sprockets.

As for why I don't want to pass wires into the turret...two reasons.

1: I'm a stickler for 360 degree rotation and I'm not sure if the recoil enabled airsoft turret is compatible with your 360 degree kit.

2: I'm going to be using my Spektrum DX-5e at first, upgrading to a DX-6i when funds allow. I'm doing this because I have a plethora of other models, as noted in my sig, and I'll be able to operate all of them save one(The heli) from the same transmitter. Convenient! And my control scheme may not be standard, I use the right stick for controlling the hull(Elevator --> throttle, Aileron --> steering) and the left stick controls the turret(Ratchet throttle --> gun elevation, rudder --> turret traverse). The extra channel(s on DX6i) will control things like shooting the gun, lights, etc. The interface between the drive motors and the receiver will come courtesy of 35RCTank, they supplied the one I used on my /35th KV-2 RC and they offer one for /16th tanks as well that will work beautifully for what I'm doing. This is a standard control layout I can use on any tank of any scale, not to mention it leaves the ratchet throttle intact for my NexSTAR and spitfire, but I'm not sure if the Taigen turret electronics are compatible with this setup.

Last edited by 378; 10-01-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Panther F

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik

NOW I would be most interested in this! I have 2 1/72 RC tanks and need a battlefield (one I don't have to build and paint) to run around in! Please, put me on the mailing list for this.

The winter here in Indiana prove to be too much for me & my 1/16 and even the 1/6 tanks so I have the little ones around to amuse me inside. I do need to get more than just the Type 97 and the A3 Sherman because I cannot modify those 1/72 DRAGON diecast models into RC... not just yet.

Maybe one slow winter I'll try to disassemble one and RC a 1/72 styrene kit?

Jeff
Old 10-01-2015, 10:10 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 378

Not saying they didn't have tanks. But, they're hardly known because they played small roles at best and weren't all that great in comparison to the US, British, German and Soviet tanks. Japanese played with several ideas, but lacked "tank country". They were mostly on islands and in the jungle. The stuff they fielded (regardless of WoT) was mostly small, under armored and under-gunned. Interesting tidbit, though, they did have a FlaK88 on Okinawa crewed by a German team. They recognized the value of killing tanks, but lacked the materials to produce and the logistics lanes to move them.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by 378
Oooh, pretty nice. Any chance of us being able to buy the mechanicals(Gearboxes, turret rotation stuff) to fit to 1/35th scale static model tanks?

Also, I went through the Taigen website and found some interesting stuff on there. I'm currently working on RCing a Hobby Boss 1/16th Tiger I model tank and was curious how easy it would be to buy and install a Taigen airsoft turret onto that upper hull, to fire the gun without using the Taigen electronics*, also whether the metal tracks for sale there would fit the HB model's drive sprockets.

As for why I don't want to pass wires into the turret...two reasons.

1: I'm a stickler for 360 degree rotation and I'm not sure if the recoil enabled airsoft turret is compatible with your 360 degree kit.

2: I'm going to be using my Spektrum DX-5e at first, upgrading to a DX-6i when funds allow. I'm doing this because I have a plethora of other models, as noted in my sig, and I'll be able to operate all of them save one(The heli) from the same transmitter. Convenient! And my control scheme may not be standard, I use the right stick for controlling the hull(Elevator --> throttle, Aileron --> steering) and the left stick controls the turret(Ratchet throttle --> gun elevation, rudder --> turret traverse). The extra channel(s on DX6i) will control things like shooting the gun, lights, etc. The interface between the drive motors and the receiver will come courtesy of 35RCTank, they supplied the one I used on my /35th KV-2 RC and they offer one for /16th tanks as well that will work beautifully for what I'm doing. This is a standard control layout I can use on any tank of any scale, not to mention it leaves the ratchet throttle intact for my NexSTAR and spitfire, but I'm not sure if the Taigen turret electronics are compatible with this setup.
I'll get more info on the 72nd scale parts when the release comes closer. I dont see an issue with this but I'll update later on this. The gearboxes and turret rotation have already been improved too
The recoiling airsoft turret is compatible with the 360 unit btw, our TAG13050 Tiger 1 Mid Version has both installed actually. If you want I can try to get you some measurements soon for the Tiger 1 turret if that would help? Firing without our electronics is pretty easy too, there is a standard 9g servo in there that does the hard part and a little board that runs from the trigger switch on the airsoft unit to the servo. You could trigger the servo manually with a transmitter mix if you wanted to or use an aftermarket motherboard for that.
Originally Posted by Panther F
NOW I would be most interested in this! I have 2 1/72 RC tanks and need a battlefield (one I don't have to build and paint) to run around in! Please, put me on the mailing list for this.

The winter here in Indiana prove to be too much for me & my 1/16 and even the 1/6 tanks so I have the little ones around to amuse me inside. I do need to get more than just the Type 97 and the A3 Sherman because I cannot modify those 1/72 DRAGON diecast models into RC... not just yet.

Maybe one slow winter I'll try to disassemble one and RC a 1/72 styrene kit?

Jeff
I should of taken a few more pictures of the other setups I did. I did a little town after that with rows of buildings to make IR harder. Luckily I got access to a huge amount of modeling materials In fact I have a box about 1 meter tall full of nothing but trees to play with! I am making sure they have plenty of power to drive on carpet and obstacles too, they are quite strong now. The team battling is fun too, 2vs1 and 3vs1 are fun when you are trying to get others to play against you.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:23 AM
R|M|D Photography

Did I read somewhere you guys were releasing the modern tanks first (1/72)? If so when is the ETA for the WWII tanks?
Old 10-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Imex-Erik

Yea the Abrams, Challenger, and T-72 first. ETA on WW2 release is 2016, but I have no confirmed ETA yet for those. I know for sure there will be some WW2 tanks though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.