Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Mato Toys 3300 mAh Ni Mh 7.2 volt battery

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mato Toys 3300 mAh Ni Mh 7.2 volt battery

Old 10-27-2015, 09:00 PM
Strathcona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mato Toys 3300 mAh Ni Mh 7.2 volt battery

Hi Tankers, this battery comes with my all metal Mato M4A3 Sherman. I used my volt meter and it indicates my battery is half charged, do I have to drain the battery totally, before I recharge it? Does this also apply to the yellow batteries in my HL Tanks. I have heard that if the battery is not totally "dead", it will not recharge to full capacity. Charging time is supposed to be 4-5 hours, I heard. Thanks in advance Guys!
Old 10-28-2015, 08:53 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Get a firmware based smart charger. I use NiMH batteries and have my charger set up to discharge at 1 amp/hr down to 1.1volt per cell and recharge at .5 amp/hr. This cycles my battery even after it wont run a tank, it still has juice so it need to be discharged but not drained. The. Recharged at low current for best charge and battery life. I routinely get 3300mah charged into a 3000 mah battery according to my charger diplay by doing this.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:42 PM
Strathcona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Rich, greatly appreciated!