Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Surprised tonight on my Tiger

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Surprised tonight on my Tiger

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 08:18 PM
purgatory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surprised tonight on my Tiger

Playing with my Taigen Tiger Tank tonight, all through the house, was surprised to find out that my turret turns a full 360 degrees. I was under the assumption that was a new option, and had thought about buying the parts to convert to this option. Thought it would only turn 270 degrees, or something like that.

Well sure enough, it turns 360 easily in either direction. Do I have a fluke, or are new ones being made with the 360 option in place already? It is the Early Tiger, Full Metal version if that makes any difference.

In any event, quite happy with the discovery.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:30 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there is a smooth black rubber wire loom going to a 1/2 inch round fitting is it s factory 360 turret. Erik and other campaigned heavily for this feature. The 350 degree ( the turret traverses almost all way around but 3 teeth are left un-cut) turret ring can be modified to go 360 by cutting in the missing teeth. Just use caution and go back the way you came when you can. It is a nice feature. Tamiya tanks have always had full rotation.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0053.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	2129011  

Last edited by thecommander; 11-04-2015 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Tanker 10

Go to page 5, about half way down the page and look for Erik's post. It starts out with "new changes to our"

You should also have the new V-2 gear boxes in that tank also.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:18 PM
purgatory

how could I tell on the v-2 gear box? I need to spend more time "under the hood" so to speak. Only time I take the top off is to take out and charge the battery. I noticed a lot of tiny wires that look like they would be easy to tear loose. So I have been real cautious
Old 11-04-2015, 04:55 AM
Tanker 10

Originally Posted by purgatory
how could I tell on the v-2 gear box? I need to spend more time "under the hood" so to speak. Only time I take the top off is to take out and charge the battery. I noticed a lot of tiny wires that look like they would be easy to tear loose. So I have been real cautious
The gear boxes will have bearings, not bushings on all four shafts. Yes, those wires are small aren't they. But don't be afraid to look around inside of the tank and learn what you have there. Erik has wiring diagrams if you ever need one.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes some have already got the upgrades while others have not yet. Some even went out before the price rose a bit to reflect the added changes
As for the gearboxes just look at the side, you should see the black gearbox with silver bearings in each reduction shaft. Let me know if you have any other questions, but I may be a bit AFK for the next few days for the show, it depends on how good the Verizon service is there.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:28 AM
purgatory

thanks, will look, I know the sides of gear box are black for sure. about time to recharge battery soon, will take a better look. happy to know I have the latest version already, makes it seem like even a better deal yet, no complaints. already scheming for my next tank - just may be a Christmas present to me
Old 11-04-2015, 05:49 PM
purgatory

Well, took top off tank today, ran the battery down to empty, and looked closely. Can clearly see the 360 degree turret gear, and the black sided transmission with bearings, so I definitely have one of the updated Early Tiger metal tanks. Was so happy with this.