Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

looking to ttrack down a 1/16 M4A3E2 jumbo conversion kit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

looking to ttrack down a 1/16 M4A3E2 jumbo conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 03:01 PM
armourguy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default looking to ttrack down a 1/16 M4A3E2 jumbo conversion kit

Hi everyone I'm looking to convert a HL M4A3 into an M4A3E2 Jumbo, I know of the Nick Aguilar conversion kit and was looking to ordering the Turret and mantlet and converting the rest of the Hull myself. Does anyone have his contact info or if he has a website? John
Old 11-09-2015, 05:04 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

[email protected]
Old 11-09-2015, 05:05 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Is firenick1265 at yahoo
the turret wont fit a hl that well i think, i can try a test fit for you.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:37 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

That email is old bud. the one I sent is his email addy
Old 11-09-2015, 06:18 PM
RichJohnson

I confirmed the nick jumbo turret will not fit the barbet ring of a henglong or taigen.
So either buy nicks hull, or a better idea, sice you have to build up the armor on the sides any way, buy a tamiya hull and rotation kit, slab on the extra armor cut out using the m4A3 hull you have as a pattern and lengthen the tamiya hull appropriately, then get the engine deck conversion kit from nick for the tamiya to make it a A3 hull. This is probabyl better than the urethane hull as it would be more sturdy in the long run but not as fast a build.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:26 PM
RichJohnson

As far as i can tell he doesnt use ndaguilar Any more. All the emails i have got from him this year are firenick. I tried the other one last year and he told me he did use it any more.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:06 PM
armourguy

Thanks guys for the info, I will try the [email protected] email tonight. As for the barbet can the turret mounting hole on the upper hull be enlarged? I was going to use the plastic hulled version not the metal one from taigen so removing material is not an issue. If not I will then go with the whole set up and go on from there.

Also since it looks like I will be going with the resin upper hull, is there a place where I can get a complete the lower hull of the HL M4A3, I hate to have a whole complete upper hull and turret cluttering my parts bin
Old 11-09-2015, 08:23 PM
RichJohnson

Ebay 165 bucks or so for a whole tank. Use the lights and pieces from the hl, also the rotation units can be transfered over with some work. Plan to use the hl rotation, and Im using a mato metal lower hull, but think i would have preferred the taigen. De tracking the mato metal hull means unpinning and sliding of lie the real tank. The taigns look really noce but are costly by comparison of a hl tank or a mato lower when on sale.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:37 AM
armourguy

Yeah I saw the package deal with the tank, track, gearbox and 2ghz radio. The Idea was to adapt the HL turret turning system for the Resin turret and being a Jumbo the headlights will not be used.

I heard back from Nick and I can take it from there, thanks again everyone!