Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Issue with my M26 Heng Long

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Issue with my M26 Heng Long

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 12:20 AM
brycekake87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with my M26 Heng Long

Hello everyone,

I am New to the forum, and I was hoping that you could assist me please.

I tried to take my Pershing for a spin the other day, however once started (everything went fine) it seems to refuse to move forward. It I hold the tank upside down, tracks facing up they seem to move fine, but when I try to drive it around it wont move correctly, and there is a horrible grating, rattling sound from inside.

I drive my tanks up near a flying club, and one of the members suggested that something might be loose, but before I dive in and open it up I was hoping for advice.

It is the Heng Long Pershing (snow leopard?), SS model, the box stated that it came with "metal tracked gearbox" although it has standard tracks.

Please HELP as I love this Tank!!
Old 11-15-2015, 02:38 AM
brycekake87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-15-2015, 07:36 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the world of tanking. This tank will self destruct if you do not look into this further. Remove the halves and find out what is wrong., Inside all Heng Long tanks are basically the same.There are multiple threads pinned at the top that discuss the problems you might encounter, and then of course the are the forum members who will try to answer you specific question.

Basically remove eight screws and separate the hull. On the Pershing there is a little bit of wiggling you have to do around the tail lights to separate the halves.. Could be some screws loose, or a gearbox with broken mounting posts causing the issues.

Good thing is that almost everything is fixable and that is the saving grace of this hobby.

Cheers
Old 11-15-2015, 09:57 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I answered this at the other forum you posted it on (RCTW). Hope it helped.