Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long King Tiger

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Patchcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heng Long King Tiger

My 1st Tank came in today. 1st impression. Kinda small. I'd heard 25". I didn't realize that included the barrel. The smoke switch is missing, probably inside the body. The directions are giving me a migraine. Overall I am underwhelmed, looks like I kinda anticipated, Cheap Chinese sweat shop BS. Well I'm charging the battery. I'll let you know if it runs.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Sky_HawK

They are cheap starter tanks, it is what you make of it afterwards. You can split the hull very easily, it's only 8 screws underneath.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:27 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear of your disappointment, kind of?..just cause you said anticipated. Get a battery charged, run the hell out of it till it brakes then have more fun repairing it with stock or upgraded parts. Like anything completely new, there will be some learning/modding curve. Just remember we're all here to help you out. If 1/16 still seems small to you there are a small amount of 1/10, then 1/ 8, 1/5, etc, just price and room needed gets bigger to able to play.

Last edited by TheBennyB; 11-20-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:52 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Patchcon
My 1st Tank came in today. 1st impression. Kinda small. I'd heard 25". I didn't realize that included the barrel.
That's what she said....lol

-anyways it will take some work but if you look at some of what the other guys did to their tanks ones you start upgrading things it will be a nice tank
Old 11-20-2015, 11:20 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Hi, If your HENG LONG Tiger 2 is a recently made model with the very latest 2.4 digital transmitter the "SMOKER" controls are on the transmitter.
shaun.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Patchcon

Yeah, Found the smoke, still not working. I might have been a little harsh on my initial thoughts on this tank. After charging it and running it around, checking out the controls and such. It's kinda cool, my dog's don't like it, at least the airsoft part. But I've got the accessories on, waiting to do the emblems and I like it better.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:11 AM
jarndice

Hi.HENG LONG Smokers are famously unreliable. First has your smoker got oil in it?
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT,DO NOT OVERFILL!!! You will saturate the wick, and if you run it when the smoker is empty it will burn out the wick!!!
I and many others either do without a smoker or change the HENG LONG smoker for a "TARR 1" or a "TARR 2", these come with the same plug as your original equipment,
I use a product called "MEGA-STEAM" smoke fluid which comes in different smells and is available in most hobby stores that sell model railroad layouts.
shaun.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Patchcon

Jarndice, O.K. , link?
Old 11-23-2015, 03:37 PM
jarndice

Originally Posted by Patchcon
Jarndice, O.K. , link?
www.rctankelectronics.com
This is a UK dealer who also supplies the IBU2 and 2 PRO control boards.
Top dealer, totally reliable and remember there is no VAT(Value added tax) from the UK and other EU countries to the USA.
The difference between the "TARR 1" and the "TARR 2" is just that one is made of plastic the other is made of metal.
shaun.

Last edited by jarndice; 11-23-2015 at 03:40 PM.