Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

My official taigen sherman thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

My official taigen sherman thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 03:45 PM
chris2pher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My official taigen sherman thread

I received my taigen Sherman today but not all okay one of the plastic clips that holds the upper hull to the lower was broken off at the base, there was something like black soot inside on the upper hull, the smoke macchine was used and still had some fluid in it and the gear grease was splattered around the gear boxes.. All electronics seemed to work okay though.... idk used pretested whatever I'm not shipping it back due to cost and hassle..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	12249716_10205706167355178_3897958366336386096_n.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	2132127  

Last edited by chris2pher; 11-23-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:25 PM
Tanker 10

Mine arrived the same way, with the broken post holding the clip that is. Call Erik if you got it from him, he will make it right.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:51 PM
purgatory

Sure it was literally a brand new unopened one? When I received my new Taigen Tiger, I had to add the smoke oil to it, there wasn't any in it.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:07 AM
chris2pher

Originally Posted by purgatory
Sure it was literally a brand new unopened one? When I received my new Taigen Tiger, I had to add the smoke oil to it, there wasn't any in it.

it was more like residue but enough that when turned on it smoked
Old 11-24-2015, 06:08 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I responded in email before I seen the post
Yea the bit of grease is normal, we run them here for a few minutes now to make sure all is well (including the smoker) and there is no apparent issues with anything. The hull latch is a shipping issue.... darn FedEx gets us sometimes. I'll get that taken care of, check your PM when you can please. Also there should be a bit of fluid in there, there is no need to add more to most of them. A few drops at most is plenty.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:02 PM
chris2pher

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
I responded in email before I seen the post
Yea the bit of grease is normal, we run them here for a few minutes now to make sure all is well (including the smoker) and there is no apparent issues with anything. The hull latch is a shipping issue.... darn FedEx gets sometimes. I'll get that taken care of, check your PM when you can please. Also there should be a bit of fluid in there, there is no need to add more to most of them. A few drops at most is plenty.
thanks for responding
Old 11-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Good to see another one bitten by the "Sherman Bug".

Jeff
Old 11-28-2015, 02:14 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

So what do you think of the Sherman so far, Chris? I just got mine a couple weeks ago so here's a little video, I was thinking maybe we could kind of collaborate and share ideas and what not. I'm still not sure if you have an airsoft or IR Sherman, so which is it? Mine is airsoft, and all I've really done so far is put in a TK22 and got a small start on the stowage and detailing. Check out the video and if you want to do the handles I'll send you some, and if you like the rope I'll send a coil of that, too. The Heng Long accessories are still in the post, but I'll update when they get here and if you want to see any of the other videos just let me know. In fact, I'll put in one of the outdoor clips I got a couple weeks ago when I first put in the clark. I've been meaning to get together with you for a while on this, but since I found out my best bud has a tumor I've fallen behind on stuff like the forums and emails and such. Hope you can find something useful in here, let me know if you want to see the clark install video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dlZgiYx8Ls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUp-_8s55qs
Old 11-28-2015, 02:31 PM
chris2pher

[QUOTE=Crius;12133653]So what do you think of the Sherman so far, Chris? I just got mine a couple weeks ago so here's a little video, I was thinking maybe we could kind of collaborate and share ideas and what not. I'm still not sure if you have an airsoft or IR Sherman, so which is it? Mine is airsoft, and all I've really done so far is put in a TK22 and got a small start on the stowage and detailing. Check out the video and if you want to do the handles I'll send you some, and if you like the rope I'll send a coil of that, too. The Heng Long accessories are still in the post, but I'll update when they get here and if you want to see any of the other videos just let me know. In fact, I'll put in one of the outdoor clips I got a couple weeks ago when I first put in the clark. I've been meaning to get together with you for a while on this, but since I found out my best bud has a tumor I've fallen behind on stuff like the forums and emails and such. Hope you can find something useful in here, let me know if you want to see the clark install video.

im in the process of choosing a transmitter and definitely buying the clarks board to go with it.. as for paint and looks i ordered the first in bastonge stickers from ebay it and im going from there.

i subscribed to you youtube page
Old 11-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Crius

So here's the rope and the handles I was talkin' about. Where are you again?

You know, this is the second time just recently the idea of a transmitter video has come up. I've put together a little collection so maybe I should do some kind of comparison. It would shows guys in your position, trying to select a TX, some of what's out there and I'm sure other guys will chime in with even more so that way you'll have as much info as possible. What transmitters have you been looking at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2tS64SSj9o
Old 11-28-2015, 07:38 PM
purgatory

this thread is making me want a Sherman! may be r/c tank #2 for me. have to have something to go against my tiger
Old 11-29-2015, 02:39 PM
chris2pher

Update - I ordered the tk22 Clark board and the m26 pershing accessory kit ..
Old 11-29-2015, 05:56 PM
Crius

Excellent! I just posted a video to your other thread on transmitters, I think the HK6S would be a good TX for what you need. An extra TX for the Tug Boat is only about ten bucks, too. Have you seen the video I did where I used the turret MG wire to hook up the Clark board? I keep forgetting if your Sherman is IR or airsoft! Doh! Remind me?

Now that I think about it, if you have a $100 budget for the TX, the HK6S is cheap enough to get two, one for the tug and one for the tank. Just a thought.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:06 PM
chris2pher

Originally Posted by Crius
Excellent! I just posted a video to your other thread on transmitters, I think the HK6S would be a good TX for what you need. An extra TX for the Tug Boat is only about ten bucks, too. Have you seen the video I did where I used the turret MG wire to hook up the Clark board? I keep forgetting if your Sherman is IR or airsoft! Doh! Remind me?

Now that I think about it, if you have a $100 budget for the TX, the HK6S is cheap enough to get two, one for the tug and one for the tank. Just a thought.
I have the airsoft version ..
Old 11-29-2015, 06:21 PM
Crius

Originally Posted by chris2pher
I have the airsoft version ..
Cool, I have the exact same tank and I just installed the exact same board. Have you seen the video of the clark install? Are you OK with sacrificing the turret MG to keep the slip ring? It does still have the hull MG and that works really well on mine.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:20 AM
chris2pher

Update .. just bought a spectrum DX6i
Old 12-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Tanker 10

Originally Posted by chris2pher
Update .. just bought a spectrum DX6i
I like my DX6i. Here is a video I did, maybe it will be of some benefit.

https://youtu.be/Wy9PvqpWUnc

Last edited by Tanker 10; 12-02-2015 at 10:14 AM.