Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Specs on IR 360 Slip Ring (with mg)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Specs on IR 360 Slip Ring (with mg)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 04:25 PM
Big N00b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Specs on IR 360 Slip Ring (with mg)

Howdy.

I am away from my own so I am asking this question (and Erik is gone for day)...

What is the diameter and length of the slip ring - I know it has 14 wires (Erik confirms), do you know the guage?

Reason I am asking is I am "thinking" on future/current wiring needs and am at a place where I can spend some time noodling this out.

Also, has anybody replace that slip ring with one that has more wiring (18, 24....).

Thanks much.

Terry
Old 12-18-2015, 02:37 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't have the Taigen system, but here's what I used to make my own 360 turrets: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300Rpm-Capsu...item5b0fd0a540.

It only has 12 wires, but you could use the specs to scale up or down in terms of number of wires.

Works great in both my Panzer III and IV (airsoft w/ coax MG for both).
Old 12-18-2015, 06:27 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey Terry! Ok so the wires are currently 32ga for the 360 kits. Sorry about that, this whole week has been soooooo busy for us! Hopefully things get back to normal soon.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Big N00b

Originally Posted by philipat
Don't have the Taigen system, but here's what I used to make my own 360 turrets: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300Rpm-Capsu...item5b0fd0a540.

It only has 12 wires, but you could use the specs to scale up or down in terms of number of wires.

Works great in both my Panzer III and IV (airsoft w/ coax MG for both).

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Hey Terry! Ok so the wires are currently 32ga for the 360 kits. Sorry about that, this whole week has been soooooo busy for us! Hopefully things get back to normal soon.
PP, Erik - thanks

I imagine that the unit type with the flange would require modification to the 360 gear ring, which is why I was looking for the diameter/length on the Taigen slip ring - all a matter of fitting - everything I think I want .

Erik, if you can get me the length, I will be good to go.

Thanks again.

Terry
Old 12-18-2015, 08:23 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info, Erik. Looks like the ones I found are almost exactly what you use. I was a little worried about the wire gauge on mine. But, they worked fine and it seems that the Taigen slip rings use slightly smaller gauge than I was using. So, I'm good to go!
Old 12-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Big N00b

+1