Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long Sherman - running lights blink with machine gun?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long Sherman - running lights blink with machine gun?

Old 01-15-2016, 06:28 AM
maillemaker

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Heng Long Sherman - running lights blink with machine gun?

Hi all,

When I trigger the machine gun on my Heng Long Sherman, the machine gun light comes on and blinks with the sound of machine gun fire.

Unfortunately, the head and tail lights also strobe with the machine gun light, though not as much, but definitely enough to be noticeable.

Does everyone's do this? Is there a fix?

Steve
Old 01-15-2016, 06:34 AM
Roboticus_Prime

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I second this question! My Pershing didn't always do this. but now, when I hookup the taillights, all of the lights blink when I fire the machine gun.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:11 AM
Tanker 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has done that since day one, very poor and irritating to say the least. My HL Sherman was my first and last HL purchase.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:45 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Likely some voltage drop. Does it happen with a fresh battery? Or, only after the tank has been running for a bit (I.e., after some battery drain)? I haven't used HL electronics in a while, but I seem to recall this happening and becoming more noticeable as more of the battery was drained. I haven't noticed this with Taigen electronics. So, if you want similar functionality and transmitter feel, consider bumping up to the Taigen electronics.

Note: on both the HL and Taigen electronics, the MG and the headlights share a negative lead. The circuits are "isolated" by having separate positive leads. Also, the HL electronics uses the same circuit for head and tail lights. Taigen allows you to plug in the tail lights separately. However, on Taigen, the tail lights only come on when the tank is driving in reverse.

Last edited by philipat; 01-15-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:04 AM
maillemaker

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems to happen even on a fresh battery.

There's probably a way to wire in a capacitor or something to eliminate the voltage drop when the MG LED fires.

Steve
Old 01-15-2016, 12:00 PM
bradgreene

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a mention of this happening on the Clark website although it was only happening to the taillights. When the MG fires, the taillight flashes with the MG. I haven't seen it since I haven't got any tanks that have taillights. This might help, the link is http://clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html and then click on the TK-20 series in the left pane and scroll down to the topic on "HL TailLight Correction". Hopefully this helps.