Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Good Exposure for the Hobby

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Good Exposure for the Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 09:03 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Exposure for the Hobby

Once again, from the folks at Wargaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcoPeoc_IH8 What do you guys think? It appears to be a collaboration with a Singaporean RC tank club.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:42 PM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty cool
Old 01-16-2016, 06:49 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Yes, Nate, that's very cool. RC Tanks are a worldwide hobby. The two guys in the video seemed really cool. Guys I'd like to meet and hang out with. Having failed so miserably myself to learn a second language I can't help but really admire those two guys for their ability to speak English, which is the hardest language there is if it's a second language to you.

Did you see that blue grease he was putting on the gears? The tube looked like it said "Marine Grease". I wonder if he knows something that me and lubriplate don't know?
Old 01-16-2016, 07:23 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up RE: Good Exposure for the Hobby

Certainly no cringe factor here.

As a matter of fact, they are a few steps above what most are willing to take it to in the "hobby" by making their RC tanks more realistic as those Shermans are very beautifully done.

Thanks for the video!

Jeff
Old 01-16-2016, 08:38 AM
LarryE519

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Nice job. I'm glad o see WOT help promote the hobby as well.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:16 AM
H2Ohaze

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
Yes, Nate, that's very cool. RC Tanks are a worldwide hobby. The two guys in the video seemed really cool. Guys I'd like to meet and hang out with. Having failed so miserably myself to learn a second language I can't help but really admire those two guys for their ability to speak English, which is the hardest language there is if it's a second language to you.

Did you see that blue grease he was putting on the gears? The tube looked like it said "Marine Grease". I wonder if he knows something that me and lubriplate don't know?
I can answer that. RC speedboats use Marine grease on their rapidly spinning prop shafts to both keep it greased and keep water out...keeping water from either breaking down or displacing the grease.

Google/ or Amazon Proboat Marine Grease and you get that nice handy tube the guy in vid is using. Everyone sells it. I've never used it near plastic though. I'm a newbie, but I would think you would want to keep using lithium and silicon grease.

I did have a Traxxas Summit truck that I drove through ditches until it swam...until I saw what it did to the bearings and drivetrain. For awhile I did use Marine grease on some limited parts. The grease has the feel and smell of petrol based...just my uninformed opinion.

Last edited by H2Ohaze; 01-18-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:53 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Yeah, I'll just stick with Lubriplate White Lithium. Tried and true.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:34 AM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
Having failed so miserably myself to learn a second language I can't help but really admire those two guys for their ability to speak English, which is the hardest language there is if it's a second language to you.
Actually English is lingua franca across much of the world, and in a multi-racial country like Singapore, its is taught in the education system as our first language in addition to our mother tongue (which can be Mandarin, Malay, Indian, etc. depending on your race). Many languages are related or have evolved from English alphabets, like French, German, Spanish, Malay, Vietnamese, even a Pinyin version of Chinese. If you thought English was tough, try Hindu, Tamil, traditional Chinese, Arabic, Japanese or Korean - I guarantee you'll have a ball of a time just learning to write it!
Old 01-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Rustytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that WOT now has scale models out. Mainly the Tiger and M4, which would be why they focused on those RC kits.