Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long Proportional Speed Tank

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long Proportional Speed Tank

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Cleanandserenesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heng Long Proportional Speed Tank

Hey guys, quick question, I have been searching all over ebay (Yeah yeah, stay away they're bad) and none of the sellers can seem to answer if their tanks have the RX-18 10 speed proportional boards in them. I have been looking at this tank:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HengLong-1-1...YAAOSwgQ9VjDqc

The seller say it is 2.4G WITH smoke and sound, but knows little to nothing about it's proportional speeds (2-speed or 10-speed)..

My question is, do all Heng Long tanks that have 2.4G transmitter and SMOKE and SOUND have the 10-speed RX-18 board already installed in them?
Old 01-23-2016, 05:42 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought they claim it to be proportional they really arent. They are a stepped incremental speed control. The 2.4 versions use the newest type board that HL offers so if that is what you are looking at it will have the most up to date esc that they offer which is about as good as it gets as far as HL electronics go.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:50 AM
maillemaker

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got a 2.4 GHz Heng Long Sherman and it has some measure of speed control. More than 2 speeds.

The only problem I have with it is it seems to get flaky at slow speed when you try and turn and go forward at the same time. Sometimes it won't turn until you give it more gas an then it's in HOLD ON mode!

Steve
Old 01-25-2016, 07:26 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther G
Thought they claim it to be proportional they really arent. They are a stepped incremental speed control. The 2.4 versions use the newest type board that HL offers so if that is what you are looking at it will have the most up to date esc that they offer which is about as good as it gets as far as HL electronics go.
Actually Gregg the old crystal RX18 is much better at speed control then the 2.4 ghz one. The 2.4 ghz offering by HL was 1 step forward and two steps back. It is not upgradable and the speed control is poor.

Last edited by YHR; 01-25-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:04 PM
Cleanandserenesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^Really? Good to know. Might have to go that route then. I want best operation possible.