Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Are you having a laugh?

Old 01-30-2016, 02:38 AM
pintius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you having a laugh?

No doubt you've all seen the exceptionally high priced tanks for sale on that site which shares it's name with the Brazilian river. Ever wondered why they are so expensive? Is it because the smoke that comes from the exhausts isn't generated via a Taigen smoke unit, as you might think, but actually originates from a fully functioning minature Maybach HL 230?

Or, could it be that under that cold grey camo exterior lies not a brittle plastic molded shell, but the bright warm glow of 24ct gold? Hmm, I doubt it. It's difficult to understand not only what exclusive specification could possibly merit such an astonishing price, but what
kind of person would actually think that their £1,805,60 is going to get them a tank that's any different from those which can be had for £230.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:50 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I rarely see even HL grade tanks on Amazon, but I may not see much because I'm using the Canadian version..but yes there are always the handful that try to gouge the crap out of people with those insane prices. Heck 230pounds is insane for a HL, 100 maybe :P
Old 01-30-2016, 06:18 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's priced to cover returns. By the time he ships, collects and reships 18 units (the average it takes to get a working HL) he'll break even. Smart man.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:32 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by pintius
No doubt you've all seen the exceptionally high priced tanks for sale on that site which shares it's name with the Brazilian river. Ever wondered why they are so expensive? Is it because the smoke that comes from the exhausts isn't generated via a Taigen smoke unit, as you might think, but actually originates from a fully functioning minature Maybach HL 230?

Or, could it be that under that cold grey camo exterior lies not a brittle plastic molded shell, but the bright warm glow of 24ct gold? Hmm, I doubt it. It's difficult to understand not only what exclusive specification could possibly merit such an astonishing price, but what
kind of person would actually think that their £1,805,60 is going to get them a tank that's any different from those which can be had for £230.

AND... hardly worth posting a new thread on either. Just common sense to be honest.

8 years and only 39 posts?

Jeff

Last edited by Panther F; 01-30-2016 at 07:09 AM. Reason: can't count
Old 01-30-2016, 10:17 AM
pintius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** you
Old 01-30-2016, 11:26 AM
maillemaker

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have bought both my RC tanks, a HL PIII and a HL Sherman, off of Amazon. The prices were good and service was good. The Sherman had a problem with the airsoft unit and one of the motors; the vendor sent me replacements within the week.

Steve
Old 01-30-2016, 03:38 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

That wasn't an HL that was a Full option, metal parts, Tamiya! LOL!